Here we go!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Miranda and I am looking to lose weight and get in overall better shape. I am hoping I can use this site to motivate myself by networking with other people who I can help and who can help me. I am looking at networking with people that live in my area as well as all others looking to give and get online support.

I am the mother of 3 beautiful children, Kayla, Travis and Kendra who are 6, 4 and 3. I work full time and am in the Army Reserve. I am also in school full time so life is a little bit hectic at the moment. My husband is also in the Army Reserves, goes to school full time and works full time 3 hours from home (so I get to see him for a couple of days a week).

It has been brought to my attention that the Army Reserve will be starting to down size by removing individuals who are not in compliance with Army Regulations. At this time, that would mean me, as I do not meet the weight or physical fitness standards. As it is, a condition of my civilian employment is that I must maintain my Army Reserve membership. So if I don't get within standards, I will risk not only my military career, but my civilian career as well. That is enough for me to reach out for help. I know what I need to do, but keeping the motivation going in order ot loose 30+ pounds is not going to be easy.

With MyFitnessPal.com, I am hoping I can get the extra motivation that I may need to accomplish my goals. I will be honest in everything I post and will ensure I provide support to others as I am hoping they will provide support for me. Thanks for your time and good luck to everyone in your goals.

-Miranda :)

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    good luck...you can do it!!!!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey !!! Feel free to add me if you'de like.....:happy:
  • mlallison702
    mlallison702 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Will do!
  • opalescentmirage
    Options
    This site has been an incredible help to me on my journey. I hope it is for you as well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow you are busy! MFP is a great place to get the weight off. I am also a mom of three (boys 13, 9 & 8). Feel free to add me if you like.