kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Yay! Under 200 days to go! LOL

JKitty- hope everything goes well!!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa and good luck Jenna!

A few of my friends from school threw me a shower about two weeks ago. It was super sweet and I even got a target gift card from my best friend for $50!! I am so excited because I went on Target.com and saw one of the rockers is on sale for $99 so we are going to order that asap. We have our crib still need to pick up a few things like the rocker, mattress, matress pad and sheet, and some smaller things. We got about 4 or 5 boxes of diapers and a few containers of wipes already which will help a lot. Have any of you tried Amazon.com? My sister in law said they have super cheap diapers and they deliver them for free to your door step. I might have to look into that. Have any of you tried or heard anything about that halo clip that is the sids alarm? I saw a grandmother who bought it for her grandbaby and it ended up saving the babies life. The baby had stoped breathing and the alarm alerted the parents. They were feautured on the show the doctors yesterday. I might try to buy one of those too.
    Well hope you are all doing great!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I still lurk from time to time to see how everybody is doing.

Congrats Melissa! I look forward to reading your story. Love the name Connor :happy:

ElizabethJ - some of the other mama's have used Amazon.com. They said that if you prefer name brand diapers, it's a great way to go. You have to sign up for automatic shipments to get the best price, but they just order what they need, then cancel after the first order has gone through, so they only get one at a time (and wait till they need more before ordering again). As for me, we've been getting Wal-Mart brand diapers and they are pretty cheap and seem to work as well as Pampers from the hospital. Hope your swelling goes down.

calories - I set mine to gain 1/2 pound at first (I came in 2nd trimester) and then to gain 1 pound at about 6 months, but wasn't eating all my calories until the last month or so, so I only gained 18 total. If you're one who has to stay in the green (like I was) make sure that you set your calories high enough that you will be gaining the healthy amount for where you started :wink:

Jenna - good luck, I hope everything goes well next week. You'll have your little girl in your arms soon!

AFM - so glad to live near an excellent children's hospital! We had to do an MRI last week, which is not fun with a 3 week old baby. But they were so good with getting the IV in (for sedation) and monitoring him and making sure everything was going ok - and making sure I was doing ok too! And everything came back normal (they were looking for tethered cord).
    We've started giving a bottle of pumped milk when I'm gone and he's doing great. I'm using the Medela hand pump right now, and get about 3 oz in 20 minutes, not bad at all. Hope to get an electric pump soon.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    connor arohana belleville was born at 2:36am on he morning of october 19th, 2011 :love: he is just amazing!! will post the labour and dlivery story soon. breastfeeding is going well, though he favors a side from time to time, so we are working on that :smile:

Congratulations! I guess getting your bloody show meant something after all!

AFM: I'm finally getting a small taste of morning sickness but I keep expecting it to him me harder but it hasn't. However, I'm only 7 weeks and I already have quite the pooch. Anyone else start showing early? This is my second so I wonder if it has anything to do with it. Some of my students have already figured it out.
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    10 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY :bigsmile:
    Still got only 2 weeks of bed rest left :ohwell: ...
    My 3rd Month apt is November 4th and then my doctor said i can go off bed rest and start back my daily walking..
    I want a special thank you :flowerforyou: to all who has been so nice and kinda and writting me nice things while i havent been able to do much...But my placenta is healing and the blood trapped under the placenta is reasorbing and no more bleeding yay!!!

Anyway-Hope everyone is has a great weekend!!!!!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Had an appointment yesterday, Tummy measuring 36 and weight was 189.4. Doctor says everything looks good and baby is a good size, going every 2 weeks now.
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the kind words :) I thought id update my labour and delivery story while the baby is having a nap in the nursery:

So as you may have read, I had my 'bloody show' at about 12pm on tuesday. This was not accompanied by any unusual feelings, so i just carried on with my day as usual but filled my fiance' in on the goings-on. Though i did notify my OBGYN because he was breech and i was unsure if i was to do anything different because of that (besides wait), but she just told me to do everything as normal but to take it easy and watch out for any contractions or lack of movement.

After work I went to harvard square on the subway to meet a friend from my mommies-to-be group. We did a 30minue walk around the park and then went out for a mexican dinner (a bold choice now i think about it :laugh: ). At around 8pm i got back on the subway home, and on the way i was feeling a little discomfort in my lower back on and off the whole ride, about every 10 minutes or so. My fiance' met me at the subway station and i mentioned the odd feelings to him, but we both agreed it was probably nothing. After walking home my hubby and i lay down in bed to watch some television, when the odd back pains i was getting started to intensify and were accompanied by a slight tightening of my lower abdomen. After about an hour of this my fiance' and i decided to ring the doctor, as we estimated the pains were about 7 minutes apart (but not excruciating, just uncomfortable). The doc told us to come in, but sounded like he was unconvinced that it was labour.

It was about 10:30 at this point. My hubby and i ran around like headless chickens, throwing what we thought we may needed in a bag (yes, we still hadn't packed a hospital bag).It was also at this point that i had a short emotional outburst, crying because of the overwhelming an unexpected fact that this could be it! Our neighbour then drove us to the hospital, where i got into a wheelchair and got wheeled upstairs. They placed me right onto the fetal monitor and after a few short minutes the pain showed up as contractions , and it was at this point that they intensified. They checked my cervix for dilation and to everyones suprise I was 2cm dilated and contractions were 5 minutes apart! From then it was all on, they booked the OR and told us that at 12:30 pm I would be giving birth via c-section.

I was so excited!! as was my fiancee (though i could also see the shock) haha. We were made to wait until 1:30 before entering the OR, at which point i was taken in alone and given a spinal tap. The spinal was horrible, as a trainey doc was the one doing it and they took 20minutes of poking and proding until they found the right space. the medication took instant affect and i was lifted onto the operating table. My abdomen was splayed out in a frog-like shape (like when u do breast stroke while swimming), my arms were spread out in a t-shape and a sheet was placed above my breasts which blocked my view. At this point my fiance' came in wearing his scrubs, sat by me and the c-section began. It was amazing how much I could feel, they honestly pulled my abdomen back and forth so hard that my whole body was rocking. It felt like being unzipped. My fiance' and i stared at each other in an almost romantic moment the wole time, chatting about what he may look like. About 20 minutes later we heard "i see a foot!", and after some extremely intense pulling up under my ribs i felt the baby leave my body, and then heard that gorgous cry!!!! I burst into tears as they lifted him above the screen to show me him, before taking him to the end of the room for nathan to cut the cord. i lay there crying with the biggest smile on my face until my fiancee brought him up to my face, so i could stare a his gorgeous self while they sewed me up.

Once closed up, they lifted me onto the recovery bed and handed connor to me. omg it was the single most amazing feeling of my life!!! to finally see, feel, smell and be able to love on this gorgeous little man who id ben thinking about every day for 9 months. About 20 minutes into the recovery process i attempted breastfeeding and i went great! i fed for 15 minutes from both breasts straight off, and he was unusually awake the whole time.

You think you know how amazing it will feel to have ur little one with you, but its better, soooo much better! you just cant believe how much love you have for them, and how happy they make you. I couldnt have wished for a smoother delivery, or a more gorgeous little man, who btw was born officially at 2:36am at 7lb 5oz. Im in love with my little family and i feel sooooo blessed :) connor arohana belleville is perfection! :heart:
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    10 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY :bigsmile:
    Still got only 2 weeks of bed rest left :ohwell: ...
    My 3rd Month apt is November 4th and then my doctor said i can go off bed rest and start back my daily walking..
    I want a special thank you :flowerforyou: to all who has been so nice and kinda and writting me nice things while i havent been able to do much...But my placenta is healing and the blood trapped under the placenta is reasorbing and no more bleeding yay!!!

Anyway-Hope everyone is has a great weekend!!!!!

I've not been around much and missed your scare. I'm glad to hear that everything is healing and that it looks like the baby will be ok. Take care of yourself!
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    engorged breasts and sore, cracked, bleeding nipples- pretty unbearable :sad: watching my new little man is the only thing providing relief
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    engorged breasts and sore, cracked, bleeding nipples- pretty unbearable :sad: watching my new little man is the only thing providing relief

Ouch! No fun! I hope you can see a lactation consultant. If your nipples are cracked and bleeding, there is a chance he may not be latching just right. A LC can help you make sure it's going smoothly. In the mean time, hold him so his tummy is right to yours (so he's not turning his head) and make sure he opens his mouth wide and then pull him in to you. If he has to "chew" his way on that could cause a lot of the discomfort. Lanolin cream helps ease pain, and as long as latch is good pain should start to ease off. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

With my daughter, it was UNBEARABLE for a week. It didn't matter what I did, it just didn't stop hurting until my body got used to my nipples being used. I think the oxytocin my body released when breastfeeding also helped with the pain too. Bear with the pain, you'll get through it, and seeing a lactation consultant like Julz said wouldn't hurt either. :) Best wishes!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i thought id join in this thread if its ok. I have a daughter that is going to be 3 in january and we decided yesterday that we want another one! after being convinced we'd stick to only one! basically we got a bit carried away on monday and im now in the middle of a two week wait! eek! anyhoo if we arent lucky this month there's always next month! so fingers crossed
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    i thought id join in this thread if its ok. I have a daughter that is going to be 3 in january and we decided yesterday that we want another one! after being convinced we'd stick to only one! basically we got a bit carried away on monday and im now in the middle of a two week wait! eek! anyhoo if we arent lucky this month there's always next month! so fingers crossed

Fingers crossed for you guys! Good luck TTC (trying to conceive)!!!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Just a quick question: im in maintanince mode after hitting my goal in april. How have the weight gain been for u all? I dont want to put on 40)bs again! Although I will be more sensible second time around. Any runners here? Ideally I would like to continue for as long as I can
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Just a quick question: im in maintanince mode after hitting my goal in april. How have the weight gain been for u all? I dont want to put on 40)bs again! Although I will be more sensible second time around. Any runners here? Ideally I would like to continue for as long as I can

I'm a runner. Though I had to stop at 20-something weeks because it was starting to hurt. I've been walking and doing light weight lifting. With my first 2, I gained 50 lbs and then 65 lbs. This time, I don't think I'll even hit 35. I've only gained 28 and only have 4 weeks left to go. Nesting, here at the end has also served as a good calorie burner for me. :tongue: I cleaned for 6 hours straight a couple weeks ago and burned 909 calories. lol
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the kind words :) I thought id update my labour and delivery story while the baby is having a nap in the nursery:

So as you may have read, I had my 'bloody show' at about 12pm on tuesday. This was not accompanied by any unusual feelings, so i just carried on with my day as usual but filled my fiance' in on the goings-on. Though i did notify my OBGYN because he was breech and i was unsure if i was to do anything different because of that (besides wait), but she just told me to do everything as normal but to take it easy and watch out for any contractions or lack of movement.

After work I went to harvard square on the subway to meet a friend from my mommies-to-be group. We did a 30minue walk around the park and then went out for a mexican dinner (a bold choice now i think about it :laugh: ). At around 8pm i got back on the subway home, and on the way i was feeling a little discomfort in my lower back on and off the whole ride, about every 10 minutes or so. My fiance' met me at the subway station and i mentioned the odd feelings to him, but we both agreed it was probably nothing. After walking home my hubby and i lay down in bed to watch some television, when the odd back pains i was getting started to intensify and were accompanied by a slight tightening of my lower abdomen. After about an hour of this my fiance' and i decided to ring the doctor, as we estimated the pains were about 7 minutes apart (but not excruciating, just uncomfortable). The doc told us to come in, but sounded like he was unconvinced that it was labour.

It was about 10:30 at this point. My hubby and i ran around like headless chickens, throwing what we thought we may needed in a bag (yes, we still hadn't packed a hospital bag).It was also at this point that i had a short emotional outburst, crying because of the overwhelming an unexpected fact that this could be it! Our neighbour then drove us to the hospital, where i got into a wheelchair and got wheeled upstairs. They placed me right onto the fetal monitor and after a few short minutes the pain showed up as contractions , and it was at this point that they intensified. They checked my cervix for dilation and to everyones suprise I was 2cm dilated and contractions were 5 minutes apart! From then it was all on, they booked the OR and told us that at 12:30 pm I would be giving birth via c-section.

I was so excited!! as was my fiancee (though i could also see the shock) haha. We were made to wait until 1:30 before entering the OR, at which point i was taken in alone and given a spinal tap. The spinal was horrible, as a trainey doc was the one doing it and they took 20minutes of poking and proding until they found the right space. the medication took instant affect and i was lifted onto the operating table. My abdomen was splayed out in a frog-like shape (like when u do breast stroke while swimming), my arms were spread out in a t-shape and a sheet was placed above my breasts which blocked my view. At this point my fiance' came in wearing his scrubs, sat by me and the c-section began. It was amazing how much I could feel, they honestly pulled my abdomen back and forth so hard that my whole body was rocking. It felt like being unzipped. My fiance' and i stared at each other in an almost romantic moment the wole time, chatting about what he may look like. About 20 minutes later we heard "i see a foot!", and after some extremely intense pulling up under my ribs i felt the baby leave my body, and then heard that gorgous cry!!!! I burst into tears as they lifted him above the screen to show me him, before taking him to the end of the room for nathan to cut the cord. i lay there crying with the biggest smile on my face until my fiancee brought him up to my face, so i could stare a his gorgeous self while they sewed me up.

Once closed up, they lifted me onto the recovery bed and handed connor to me. omg it was the single most amazing feeling of my life!!! to finally see, feel, smell and be able to love on this gorgeous little man who id ben thinking about every day for 9 months. About 20 minutes into the recovery process i attempted breastfeeding and i went great! i fed for 15 minutes from both breasts straight off, and he was unusually awake the whole time.

You think you know how amazing it will feel to have ur little one with you, but its better, soooo much better! you just cant believe how much love you have for them, and how happy they make you. I couldnt have wished for a smoother delivery, or a more gorgeous little man, who btw was born officially at 2:36am at 7lb 5oz. Im in love with my little family and i feel sooooo blessed :) connor arohana belleville is perfection! :heart:

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am finally ready to "out" myself on MFP.

I hope you don't mind me joining in! This will be my 3rd baby. I have 2 boys already. They are 16 and 8. Yes, we do wait a long time between kids but that is just how our life has worked out. I have been nauseous all day, everyday so far so exercise has been out of the question other than my short walk to and from work each day. I am 37 yrs old, will be 38 when I deliver. I have had 2 csections so I will be having another this round.

H&H 9 mths to you all!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Popping in (because old habits are hard to break) even though I am 3 weeks postpartum, LOL.
    Congrats to the new moms and the newly pregnant and best wishes to the ones who are trying!!

All is well here. Autumn nurses a lot during the day and night and I give her 2 ounces of formula before bed to help her feel full longer so we both get a better stretch of sleep.
    I wasn't prepared for the nipple pain in the first week or two when she first latched on (Medela lanolin cream is awesome by the way). It's all good now though but she did have one bad latch a few days ago and bruised me. She has impeccable suction, LOL

She is a very good baby. Very mild mannered and laid back. Completely different than her big sister.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • M_lifts
    Options

I'm a runner. Though I had to stop at 20-something weeks because it was starting to hurt. I've been walking and doing light weight lifting. With my first 2, I gained 50 lbs and then 65 lbs. This time, I don't think I'll even hit 35. I've only gained 28 and only have 4 weeks left to go. Nesting, here at the end has also served as a good calorie burner for me. :tongue: I cleaned for 6 hours straight a couple weeks ago and burned 909 calories. lol

thanks! that helps. im hoping to be able to do similar. nice to know that it can be done properly.