Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa (Cooking Light)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Fast: A three-minute dip into a pungent marinade is all that's needed to deliver big flavor to chicken breasts. Serve with saffron rice.

Chicken:
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

Salsa:
1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped

1. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.

2. To prepare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. Serve salsa over chicken.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and about 1/4 cup salsa)

CALORIES 289 ; FAT 13.2g (sat 2.4g,mono 7.5g,poly 1.9g); CHOLESTEROL 94mg; CALCIUM 29mg; CARBOHYDRATE 6.6g; SODIUM 383mg; PROTEIN 35.6g; FIBER 3.6g; IRON 1.6mg

Cooking Light, APRIL 2009

cilantro-chicken-ck-1886432-l.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Fast: A three-minute dip into a pungent marinade is all that's needed to deliver big flavor to chicken breasts. Serve with saffron rice.

Chicken:
    2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
    2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Cooking spray

Salsa:
    1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
    2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped

1. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.

2. To prepare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. Serve salsa over chicken.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and about 1/4 cup salsa)

CALORIES 289 ; FAT 13.2g (sat 2.4g,mono 7.5g,poly 1.9g); CHOLESTEROL 94mg; CALCIUM 29mg; CARBOHYDRATE 6.6g; SODIUM 383mg; PROTEIN 35.6g; FIBER 3.6g; IRON 1.6mg

Cooking Light, APRIL 2009

cilantro-chicken-ck-1886432-l.jpg
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yummy...I love cilantro in with most marinades...kicks it up a notch!
    thanks for this one:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Your welcome Dave!

I love cilantro too! This recipe just looks great for the Spring/Summer. Light, fresh...with the seasonal ingredients!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! Another really good one.

Thanks Tami :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Your welcome!!!! :happy:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yum - will have to try this one! Who needs Guy or any food network peeps when we have TamTastic finding great recipes for us!! :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, this looks like it would cause a party in my mouth. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Party at Tami's!! You bring the chips & salsa and I'll make the margs! :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

Party at Tami's!! You bring the chips & salsa and I'll make the margs! :drinker:

Oh yes!! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Could I bring some hummus too?
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yummy - I've got to try this ....
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    ummm, yummmo!

Tam, I live in the city... I'm coming to your place for dinner!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I actually have all the ingredients at home. Def going to make this one soon!
  • momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    Ooh, yummy! I can't wait to try this one.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tam you are great :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am trying this one tomorrow you always print good recipes:drinker: :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You're welcome! These recipes were in the newest issue of Cooking Light and I was drooling over everything so thought I'd share!! Especially with the ingredients being so fresh and seasonal right now!:tongue:
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    This is the third time I've looked at this today and I think I will be going to the grocery store to get the stuff to make this!! it looks so fresh and tasty!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Just had it it was really really good, I used brown rice instead of saffron rice and was just as good I added a little more then 1/4 cup of salsa because the salsa was so good and fresh....Thanks again Tam
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Isn't it great to realize how well you can eat, even doing things a healthier way???:wink:

I made the shrimp and corn chowder tonight (It was gray and chilly here today) but I think I am making this dish next!! :tongue:
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    I made this for dinner too and used brown rice as well. I couldn't find any of the other one at the grocery store. and it was AMAZING!!! wow I can't believe how tasty this was, I will definitely be doing this VERY often!!! thanks so much!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Your welcome again! :happy:

I may make this tonight!! I do love avocados!!