Running/walking challenge. JOIN NOW!!

Options
I’ve been leading a walking/running challenge for 8 weeks and this Sunday is the last day. I’ve had a blast (so have the others, I think!). It made me feel really good to hear how this has helped them (they’ve signed up for 5ks, 10ks and some are thinking about half marathons! One signed up for her local running club) so I want to do it again!

So anyway, my husband and I were driving down I-70 near Baltimore and we saw a sign that had the distance to Cove Fort, UT. I thought “wow, that’s a lot of miles” and I decided to make a challenge out of it! I-70 is 2,153 miles so I decided I could do 215 miles by the end of the year. That turns out to be about 21 miles a week, so sign up if you want to challenge yourself and keep up your mileage!

So here’s the challenge: 215 miles at your own pace (walking, jogging, running) by Dec 31st starting Sunday, October 23rd. I’m going to call it “Where on I-70 are you?”

It's a race from MD to UT down I-70, so here's the mileage and checkpoints per state so you can keep track of where on I-70 you are. The race aspect of it is to keep some healthy competition going :)

MD: 10 miles. Checkpoint at mile 5 in Frederick, MD.
PA: 16 miles. Checkpoint at mile 8 in Youngwood, PA.
WV: 2 miles. No checkpoint. It’s a short one ;)
OH: 22 miles. Checkpoint at mile 11 in Columbus, OH.
IN: 15 miles. Checkpoint at mile 8 in Indianapolis, IN.
IL: 15 miles. Checkpoint at mile 7 in Altamont, IL.
MO: 25 miles. Checkpoint at mile 12 in Columbia, MO.
KS: 42 miles. Checkpoints at mile 14 in Topeka, KS and mile 34 in Salina, KS.
CO: 45 miles. Checkpoints at mile 15 Denver, CO, and mile 30 in Glenwood Springs, CO.
UT: 23 miles. Checkpoint at mile 11 in Emery, UT. FINISH LINE in Cove Fort, UT!

TOTAL DISTANCE: 215 miles!

You up for it?

I already have 10 people from my friend list so I’ll take the first 10 people who reply so it’s a small and manageable group and we get to know and support each other!

I’ll start a new thread each week so it doesn’t get too long and hard to navigate. I only ask that you update your miles on a regular basis so we can keep track of where you are.

Replies

• Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been looking for a mileage challenge. Plus, I am also beginning to train for a half marathon. It will keep me going!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hey you just past my neck of the woods in Frederick, Md.

Sign me up!

• JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I want to get back into running and I think this will definitely keep me motivated....
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ohh man...21 miles a week! You know what...I'm in! I need to be pushed off my couch! I can do 4 1/2 miles a day durring the week! Hell yea let's do this! If I'm one of the 10 ill push myself to do this!
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :):)
  • cycle_babe
    cycle_babe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    looks like it's just a lil over 4m a day/5 days a week. i'm in!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    making it official...I'm in!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My feet will hate me for this...but I'm in.
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im in! =)
  • kck21886
    Options
    okay okay I am totally in !
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Count me in!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would love to join...I get a jump start on Sunday by walking around Sea World with my Girl Scout troop!
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Id love to join!
  • Promethea79
    Promethea79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This challenge is going to be fun. I'm in! Good luck guys and gals!:happy:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thread closed