Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Aloha Everyone!

psaxy
psaxy Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there everyone, my name is Patricia and I just joined today. In December of 2007 I found out I had diabetes and needed to change my lifestyle. I weighed 230 pounds at that time. I bought an elliptical trainer and stopped eating junk food. I now weigh 180lbs and have my blood sugar under control. My goal is to weigh 150lbs and get off of medications for diabetes. I have been stuck at 180 for the past two months. I love this site, how you can keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. I need this kind of help to stay on track. Oh, and I am 55 years old. If I can do this, anyone can!

Replies

• psaxy
    psaxy Posts: 3
    Hi there everyone, my name is Patricia and I just joined today. In December of 2007 I found out I had diabetes and needed to change my lifestyle. I weighed 230 pounds at that time. I bought an elliptical trainer and stopped eating junk food. I now weigh 180lbs and have my blood sugar under control. My goal is to weigh 150lbs and get off of medications for diabetes. I have been stuck at 180 for the past two months. I love this site, how you can keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. I need this kind of help to stay on track. Oh, and I am 55 years old. If I can do this, anyone can!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Good for you! My dad is a type 2 diabetic & that's one of the main reasons I'm here. You should be very proud of how far you've come! Good luck getting the last 30 off! :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    :flowerforyou: Psaxy, boy have you done a wonderful job. This is a great site. Hope to see you on the 50+ women thread.

:heart: Kathy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Wow! Congrats on doing such an excellent job already! :drinker:

I am sure you will find this site to be a big support for continued success.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.