What is on your Trader Joe’s Shopping list??

Options
Hey guys.

I’m going grocery shopping this weekend. What are the items you put in your TJ’s shopping cart?

~Michelle

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Bump... we are finally getting one here and it is set to open in a few weeks. I see a lot from there on my friends diary and can't wait to see what they offer....
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    So you don't have to wait for responses, here are a whole bunch from this morning!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/373851-trader-joe-s-what-s-your-favorites-from-them?hl=trader+joe's#posts-5093322

:flowerforyou:
  • katevonr
    Options
    I always grab like 3 bags of the frozen pre-cooked unshelled edamame. Toss the bag in the fridge to thaw overnight and then have them available at any time for a healthy and filling (high protein) snack. I always keep a bag in the fridge at work to avoid vending machine runs!
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love their organic lentil vegetable soup. 260 calories for the whole can, very filling and yummy.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I might see you there! :P

Fresh fruit and veg, they have some great soups too! I always get morning star veggie sausages for breakfast as well as the trader joe liquid egg whites.. otherwise it depends on what I'm running low on!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Alrighty...being one of the biggest fans of that place...here we go!

Vanilla Almond Just the Clusters cereal
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    Reduced Guilt Mac n Cheese (frozen)
    Fire-roasted corn (frozen)
    Grilled asparagus (frozen)
    Breakfast burritos w/ turkey bacon (frozen, 320 cals or so per burrito...very yum!)
    Many of their fruit bar frozen dessert are awesome..and the strawberry pops and fruit floes(mango too!)
    Lobster Rolls (in ready-made area)
    Mango Chicken Pasta Salad (ready-made as well, like 360 or so calories with the mango vinaigrette dressing it has for whole package)
    Flavor sticks - Pomegranate cherry flavor (like Crystal Light but tastes way better, 30 cals a serving)
    Ezekiel whole grain bread
    Honey Apple Butter
    Organic grass-fed beef is good
    the produce is all pretty good
    any of the pre-cooked chicken breasts and slices
    they have a great Filet Mignon roast

I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought harder lol :glasses:
  • greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sweet and spicy pecans, dried mangos, Kefir.. Love TJs!
  • Tyler4846
    Options
    The one over by me has a very limited selection of what I'm used to seeing
    and couldn;t find a couple things I normally get. I'll be home tomorrow
    so I can stock up before I head back to work
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds, non-fat Greek yogurt-TJ's brand, Soyaki, salad, Kashi Go Lean, Louis prepared salad, super lean hamburger patties, lean ground turkey, broccoli, french green beans, apples.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    chicken fried rice
    better n peanut butter
    chicken gyoza
    chile chicken lime burgers
    frosted maple brown sugar mini wheats
    roasted garlic hummus
    mandarin chicken
  • reckjb
    reckjb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Their wasabi peas are my absolute favorite snack! :)
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I find TJ's fruits and vegetables to be very low cost. And they always taste great!! Some of the chain grocery stores don't offer as fresh of a selection.

I also buy Trader Joe's brand of low-fat cheese (cheese sticks and so forth).
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything! Some random things: the non-fat spicy spinach pizzas (in the produce section) are really tasty by themselves or with sauce/cheese, etc. The steamed lentils are great - heated with veggies, or cold with the cilantro salad dressing or hummus salad dressing, and tomatoes,onions, etc. I love the breakfast scramble for quick mornings. There are a few different eggplant/pasta frozen dishes I like, the lemon pepper noodles are awesome...Yep, besically everything. It's all soooo good!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Our nearest Trader Joe's is 3 1/2 hours away. So I have only been there once. But I got the best peanut butter there. Would love to have some more. It was peanut butter and flax seed!!!!!!!!! YUMMO
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pnut Butter (crunchy salted)
    Frozen Breaded Chicken Cutlets
    Frozen Chicken Tikka Masala
    Spice Apple Cider
    LF vananna yogurt
    bananas
    frozen potato wedges
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has yet added "Raw, UNSALTED, whole cashews"! Omg, they are my absolute FAVOURITE snack!

1/2 cup for 320 calories?! That's a LOT of cashews for few calories (relatively speaking, when compared with most other brands who offer them only salted, roasted, etc.)!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oh! The cashews remind me of the Thai Lime and Chile Cashews I got there....very good!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Their minestrone soup is AMAZING. So great! I also love their tomato and roasted red pepper soup, their sushi, green mango, pumpkin bread, and pretty much everything :laugh:
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love their variety of chicken sausages. Also I always pick up some organic soy milk, low sodium salsa, and check out the frozens - delicous and easy. (A non-food related item I like is the tea tree oil shampoo!)