The Boozer is going Booze-free.

Options
Yeah, you heard me.
Im a lush and I decided to give the abstinence thing a try. Til Thanksgiving.
Lets see how many LB's I shed. Bet its a ton.

Anyone else?

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    well good luck! sorry i dont share the same taste for the bubbly that you do :).
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 60 days alcohol free! Today is day #29! You can do it! If a college drunk can, you can too! :)

Good luck!
  • jennyrider
    Options
    What are u used to boozing?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm a former boozer. been sober for 4 years and 3 months now. love my life SO much more now!!!!!!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I cut out alcohol during a lull in my weight loss and a few pounds fell off out of nowhere. Bet you will have the same experience. It sucks sometimes, especially since I live in wine country in CA, but I enjoy the feeling of sitting here wearing pants from my sophomore year in HIGH SCHOOL more than drinking :-) Good luck!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the same thing!! i've been in for a week!!
  • christybrooker
    Options
    I quit about a year and a half ago. I went to AA for a few months to get me through the hardest part. It helped tremendously. I highly recommend it. I don't go anymore but whenever I feel a craving I know it's there for me. The thing that occurred to me was that people who don't have a problem don't have to see how long they can go without drinking. They just don't. When I used to quit for a while I counted down the days. Now I just say "not today". And I've said that for a year and half. Good for you for taking on the challenge! If you need support let me know or drop into a meeting. You don't have to say you'll never drink again to go to meetings. You just have to want to not drink today.
  • karendzar
    Options
    i decided on my birthday in june, that i was going to give up alcohol until i hit my goal weight, which will be next february to help with the weight loss and i am sure it has worked, i haven't touched a drop since june and feel a whole lot better for not having any, and to be honest i haven't missed it either, which i am very suprised about.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty serious boozer! Not addicted, but the past 2 months I was drinkin enough to be drunk about 4 days a week. During the winter I live on ski resorts and was drinking almost every night. I haven't gone a week sober since I started drinking 8 years ago... :S

The good news is, I made the same decision you did. I decided on the 11th of this month that I wasn't going to drink again until halloween. So far I've lost 4 lbs! I was amazed! Making it through the first weekend was the hardest, but after I did that I felt incredible! Now I'm pretty sure I'm not even gonna drink on Halloween. I wanna keep this going for as long as possible, I feel great. And it's actually still TONS OF FUN going to the bar and house parties and hanging out with my drunk friends! I strongly recommend it. And it feels so cool being the DD! Before I used to be soo appreciative of the dd but knew that I would never ever be that person yet... here we are!
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    I had gum surgery and couldnt drink for a while and I lost 12 pounds. Thats when I decided to give up my nightly glass of wine (sometimes 3).

We'll see what happens. I'll never quit drinking forever. I love my wine!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge drinker...got worse as i have been single...lots of Sat nights out with the girls. I haven't been out for a couple of weeks and i feel so much better! I get awful hangovers too!! I'm at a party next weeekend so just going to try not to let myself get to out of hand!!!