the bad mom has struck.....

Options
2»

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I usually hit the dollar store for a cheap little toy or some bubbles or something like that. My kids have a tendency to lose their cash; so I've found the toys work better. Except, of course, for the last time my daughter lost a tooth & I forgot...while she was in the tub the next night I snuck in & hid a dollar under one of her stuffed animals.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I'd give the standard reward. Kids lose teeth. Parents lie. Why celebrate the norm?
    -wtk

bwah! thanks for the chuckles...
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this is hilarious! I have forgotten to be Miss Toothfairy damn near every time my kids lost a tooth! I got caught once exchanging the money for the tooth and told my daughter I was "checking to see if she came" LOL....they eventually just thought that the toothfairy was not as magical as Santa, and she'd eventually get there when she could, ha ha ha.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    How do you get the tooth from under the pillow without waking them up? I always wonder how parents do that!

Tell them to leave it next to the bed because if they accidentally move while the toothfairy is under their pillow they will MURDER her! LMFAO!!
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    4 Kids, plenty of booze in the house...you know we have been there, done that. NO doubling!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I only give him a quarter to begin with, so it's not like it would make a HUGE difference. But I hear what you're saying.

You better check the rule book because we always gave $1 per tooth!!

Tell that to my idiot parents. My daughter lost her first tooth on vacation at their house, and they left her $20!!!!! :grumble: These are the same people who wouldn't leave me a red cent when I swallowed my first one and lost the 2nd at school (no little baggies back then) and lost it on the way home. (to guarantee money, I ripped the 3rd one out myself)

Then she lost the second one a week later down there and they left her a $10 with a note that the $20 was only for the first one. So now she's come to EXPECT $10 freakin' dollars a tooth!!!! Now she knows it's us finally (she's 9) but darn it if she still doesn't expect the freakin' $10 and tells my folks she's expecting her $10.

Ugh. But back to the OP (sorry got sidetracked) I think a note with make up money would be fine.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    4 Kids, plenty of booze in the house...you know we have been there, done that. NO doubling!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I only give him a quarter to begin with, so it's not like it would make a HUGE difference. But I hear what you're saying.

You better check the rule book because we always gave $1 per tooth!!

Tell that to my idiot parents. My daughter lost her first tooth on vacation at their house, and they left her $20!!!!! :grumble: These are the same people who wouldn't leave me a red cent when I swallowed my first one and lost the 2nd at school (no little baggies back then) and lost it on the way home. (to guarantee money, I ripped the 3rd one out myself)

Then she lost the second one a week later down there and they left her a $10 with a note that the $20 was only for the first one. So now she's come to EXPECT $10 freakin' dollars a tooth!!!! Now she knows it's us finally (she's 9) but darn it if she still doesn't expect the freakin' $10 and tells my folks she's expecting her $10.

Ugh. But back to the OP (sorry got sidetracked) I think a note with make up money would be fine.

Holy cripes!! I would kill my mom for something like that!!
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always left one of those golden dollar coins, because the tooth fairy carries gold. I forgot 2 nights in a row and "helped him look for it, and it was "lost" inside the pillow case. my other son was skeptical and would hide the darn thing from me!