Need honest opinions please!!

Options
Hey guys! I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and have lost 60 pounds of baby weight! I would love to lose about 20-25 more pounds and tone up a little better, but a few people are telling me to stop losing. What do you all think? I am 5'4" and currently 146. Thanks for your honesty!

2q1gx9s.jpg

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine at the weight you're at, but maybe a little toning? Good job!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Honestly... do what you think. If you feel that losing another 20ish lbs would make you happier, then by all means do so! Its your body not theirs :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think that you look beautiful now. However I don't think extra weight is now your enemy, I think you just need to put some muscle on and shed some body fat.

Note: Skinny stick women are not attractive to me so my opinions are coloured by that.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    People that know you and have seen you heavier are telling you that. because compared to where you were, you are skin and bones to them. I think you should make your goal to where you are happy and healthy. If that means another 20 lbs, then so be it.

By the way, Nice job! you look fabulous.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good job on losing the fat, now its time to pump some iron and tone up! Good luck.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Honestly... do what you think. If you feel that losing another 20ish lbs would make you happier, then by all means do so! Its your body not theirs :)

^i agree 100%^
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and have lost 60 pounds of baby weight! I would love to lose about 20-25 more pounds and tone up a little better, but a few people are telling me to stop losing. What do you all think? I am 5'4" and currently 146. Thanks for your honesty!

1z6xpfs.jpg

First of all, what do YOU want? Not what someone else thinks or wants.

5' 4" and 146?
    Lose a little more, I'd say around 115-120.

Don't listen to other people. Myself included.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Everyone tells me I should stop that I look great, but I am not happy yet therefore I will continue to lose weight until I get to a healthier weight
  • jennynmorris
    jennynmorris Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think your gorgeous!! I had my 2nd six months ago as well and I'm not anywhere close to looking as good as you do!! Keep it up, I would keep working out to maintain and if you lose more, great! If not, I think you are A OK :) Best of luck to you!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Stop when you are happy :]
  • kellybstampin
    Options
    I've started hearing the same thing.

My goal is to get to a healthy BMI, so I know I have another 10 lbs to lose. I'm also trying to tone up. But I don't intend to do anything differently when I get to my goal weight, other than add calories in to my diet. I'm going to continue eating "this way" and exercising 5-7 times per week.

You look great, though! Sixty pounds is a great accomplishment! (I'm down 40 since April.)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well. I think some strength training would really help by giving you a little sleeker look. drop 10 with toning and see where that gets you.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    if you feel that you would like 20 more or so off, then do so. Work on toning in the mean time and that will give you personally a better idea of where you want to be. I think you look good, but for your height, you may want to take more off. That is something that is a personal choice, it's about your comfort level.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I agree, think more of toning then necessarily losing scale weight. I've lost plenty of inches and fat percentage but have stayed the same weight (when I was at "goal")

Instead of telling people you are trying to lose more weight, they will be more open to hear you if you word it as you are looking to tone up and have some muscle definition.
  • Jeannelin
    Options
    I think at this point you should concentrate on the toning up because you look pretty good. Building muscle will make you look better in the mirror. Pick a calorie goal to continue losing weight slowly, and turn the fat into muscle with strength exercises like lifting, sit ups, push ups, yoga, etc as well as your cardiovascular exercise.
  • ntkissel
    Options
    I think it depends solely on how you feel. Funny enough I am right with you on weight, except my baby is going to be 2 years old.
    I also lost 50 lbs after her b/c I was home with her and could run everyday, now I work. So I'm up about 10 and need to lose about 25 to be where I am comfortable with me. My fiance always tells me, don't go by the scale go by how you feel in your clothes and in front of the mirror if you don't feel right in your clothes then lose more.

What have you been doing exercise why, how often during the week and what's your eating like. Would love to get some ideas and inspiration! Great job so far! :smile:
  • KristinC4
    Options
    People that know you and have seen you heavier are telling you that. because compared to where you were, you are skin and bones to them. I think you should make your goal to where you are happy and healthy. If that means another 20 lbs, then so be it.

By the way, Nice job! you look fabulous.

I agree. You stop when you are 100% happy with the results. No one else is living your life so why should they tell you when YOU should be happy with your results.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! tone up and you'll feel better...plus you'll end up losing fat and gaining muscle. congrats on baby #2!
  • cinnamonbunz87
    Options
    thank you guys :) i have pretty low self confidence and i agree that it has to be about what i want. and i want to be the best,healthiest me that i can be!
  • masterfitness4u
    Options

1z6xpfs.jpg

First of all, what do YOU want? Not what someone else thinks or wants.

5' 4" and 146?
    Lose a little more, I'd say around 115-120.

Don't listen to other people. Myself included.

I know women that were 5-2 and 120 and they were healthy, so 130-140 would be fine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!