Need honest opinions please!!

Options

Replies

• lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well. I think some strength training would really help by giving you a little sleeker look. drop 10 with toning and see where that gets you.

I agree with this. It won't take you much to look hot because you have very nice proportions already (lucky you!!) :-)) And congratulations!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way, you look great!

Keep going. You can look better and more importantly be more fit and healthier!

Its a way of life!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and have done amazing work!!! Do what will make you feel best, lose 20 lbs more, just tone or stay where you're at. You're happiness is what matters most!
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think that you could lose more, but you really should start lifting weights like... yesterday! It's the best thing that you can do when starting to lose weight. It will help you hold onto the muscle you have and not lose it along with the fat. Plus, it will create more (helping you to burn more calories even when not exercising) and will make you look great!

PS: You've done an amazing job so far! Congratulations!!
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4", the "ideal" for someone with our height and a medium frame starts at120, for a small frame its 107, I want to say a large frame is 135 then goes up to 147 or so on the large frame range. Lately I have started to get some of the "you really dont need to lose THAT much more weight". I am at 135ish, and 5'4" and a medium frame. 120 would be ideal for my frame and maybe I will get there eventually but for now I would feel better just making it to 125-127 and evaluating how I look/feel, but even when I tell people that I get funny looks. Everyone sheds weight different. I am not sure how another 20 would look off of your frame. You are bordering the edge of overweight for your height, so I dont think another 20lbs would turn you into skin and bones, but if you feel uncomfortable about shedding 20 just go for another 5 or 10 for now and re-evaluate when you get there about how you feel. Figure out your frame and find the ideal range for your frame and that will give you better numbers to play with. If you dropped 20 it would put you at 126, but if you are a medium frame, ideal for you is anything from 120-135 I believe (it varies depending on the source). So thats 11lbs down to 135 right now. and about a 15 lb range for you to play around in to find what you feel looks best for you (assuming you are a medium frame, you can figure out your frame size with some online calculators that ask you to measure your wrist and elbow width)
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Just remember you are doing this for you & you alone (if not you should be, lol) so if you want to continue on this journey keep going, your doing great. have you plugged in your height & weight to see what the high & low end of a healthy weight would be for you? I would do that first so you have a good idea of what would be considered healthy for you!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I want to add something else. 10 pounds ago, people were surprised to hear that I still wanted to lose another 25 or so pounds. they would look at me like "where". the folks telling me this saw me with my clothes on..and clothes can mask. granted, I know I am way better off today than I was in January, but I know that I still have pockets of fat that I'd like to get rid of (whether or not they are apparent with my clothes on). I also know that I want to continue to tone. In short, I don't care so much that folks think I'm fine as I am with my clothes on. I want to be happy with my body with my clothes off. I'm not there yet. My tentative goal is 175. If, however, I hit 180 and realize "okay, that's where I want to be"...then I'll stop trying to lose. If, however, I hit 175 and realize "hmmmm....could still lose some fat pockets"...then I plan to continue to try to lose.

So I'm full on board with the idea that YOUR opinion is the one that matters most when it comes to what you want the end result to be. As I mentioned earlier, I think you would benefit from some resistance training to create a sleeker look...but, really, that's up to you and the body type that you want.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I think you look great! If you want to tone up a little I think it would accent what you've already accomplished.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Its about how you feel are you done and happy with you Now or do you feel you need more. If your happy switch to maintance and enjoy your hard work if your not happy keep on going and rock it :)
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I HAD A BABY A YR AGO AND HAVENT LOST NEARLY AS MUCH..BE PROUD OF UR SUCCESS....U MAY NEED A LIL TONING BUT THATS ALL..BUT THEN AGAIN IF U WANNA LOSE MORE THEN KNOCK URSELF OUT...ITS WHAT UR HEART DESIRES HUN...
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I want to add something else. 10 pounds ago, people were surprised to hear that I still wanted to lose another 25 or so pounds. they would look at me like "where". the folks telling me this saw me with my clothes on..and clothes can mask. granted, I know I am way better off today than I was in January, but I know that I still have pockets of fat that I'd like to get rid of (whether or not they are apparent with my clothes on). I also know that I want to continue to tone. In short, I don't care so much that folks think I'm fine as I am with my clothes on. I want to be happy with my body with my clothes off. I'm not there yet. My tentative goal is 175. If, however, I hit 180 and realize "okay, that's where I want to be"...then I'll stop trying to lose. If, however, I hit 175 and realize "hmmmm....could still lose some fat pockets"...then I plan to continue to try to lose.

So I'm full on board with the idea that YOUR opinion is the one that matters most when it comes to what you want the end result to be. As I mentioned earlier, I think you would benefit from some resistance training to create a sleeker look...but, really, that's up to you and the body type that you want.

This is my situation as well. In May I was getting a lot of compliments, "Hey you look great!" And I had come a long way, I had met my original goal. But I thought I could lose 20-25 more, so I set that goal. I lost about 15 more since then. I look and feel better. I knew the clothes I could fit into, I became more focused on the measurements than what the scale said. Last month I got my Body fat % measured, and it said 15.3%. My doctor recommended below 15%, and to not go below 10%. My goal coincides with 12.5% which would mean I would lose 8 pounds from where I am.

I am wearing the clothes I should be wearing, but at least one set of trousers is a little snug. 5 more pounds should fix that.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You do look fine especially just having a baby, you need to give your body time and take it slow, maybe a lttle more and some toning,
  • Sieggie
    Sieggie Posts: 70
    Options
    Honestly, I think you should be more concerned with your BMI. At your current weight it is 25.1 which is still overweight. I'm 5'3" plus a tiny bit more and my cardiologist (preventative due to family history) wants me at 130. So you should probably shoot for a BMI some where between 18.5 - 24.9 which is "healthy." What ever you choose, good luck!
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Stop when you are happy! You look fine now, but don't let anyone tell you how to live your life!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and have lost 60 pounds of baby weight! I would love to lose about 20-25 more pounds and tone up a little better, but a few people are telling me to stop losing. What do you all think? I am 5'4" and currently 146. Thanks for your honesty!

1z6xpfs.jpg

First of all, what do YOU want? Not what someone else thinks or wants.

5' 4" and 146?
    Lose a little more, I'd say around 115-120.

Don't listen to other people. Myself included.

i agree with this! :)
    Technically you're in your healthy bmi for your height, but on the higher end of it (i'm the same height and almost the same weight). So, if you want to lose a little more, you're fine. Our healthy weight range for 5'4" is 110-150.
    Do what makes you happy and comfortable. And there's always room for toning! :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Losing a little more isn't unhealthy and if it would make you feel better then go for it. I agree with the others who've said some toning would be good. You'll be amazed at how sexy you feel when you feel strong! :)
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I say get to your goal if you don't like it there....:-) have fun eating your way back up:-) In a healthy way of course! Great job!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I have to respectfully disagree with the people telling you to go by your BMI. I don't think BMI is accurate for every body. Go by how you feel, what your body is able to maintain, and possibly a body fat percentage if you want to get technical. I know people will tell you not to lose any more, but that is for you to decide. I've heard the same thing in the well overweight zone!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and around 150 (maybe a little under) and my goal is 135. So I say do whatever you think ur body needs.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Forget the BMI stuff. It is so not accurate. What was your pre-pregnancy weight? Where have you felt comfortable before? Why don't you take it day by day and see how you feel physically. In my opinion, I would work on some toning and losing body fat and gaining some muscle. You may stay the same weight but physically you will feel better, feel stronger and look better.

Good luck!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!