Pet Peeve...

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is the only post that I have read today that I have no smart *kitten* comment for and am in complete agreement with. I have no gift for you, so you'll have to settle for this
    >:flowerforyou:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    While I personally do use my weight after my baby was born (because it took me 2 months to actually get back on the weight loss wagon), I don't understand why this is a pet peeve of yours. Why does it bother you? Weight loss is weight loss and everyone should be proud of themselves for losing any amount of weight. We all know how hard it is to do.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    hmm... didn't realize this was a competition.
    Life is a competition, Ang, lol.
    And everyone is jealous...
    :yawn:
  • ereyna426
    Options
    Agree! Vent on!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Why do you all care that she cares?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Eh I gained way more weight AFTER I had my son than I did while I was pregnant... so... yeah. lol.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A pet peeve by definition is something that someone finds annoying that my not particularly bother others.... So to those asking "why", it just bothers me. It's not a "competition"... it just bothers me.

missikay1970 - you are right... however much "you" weighed after you delivered, would be your starting point - and congratulations on working on getting back down... don't do like me and wait till your "baby" is about to graduate High School...

What are some other Pet Peeves out there?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

this...
    she was venting... i swear next time one of you who ask "why does it matter to you" vents, i'm gonna tell you the same thing. who care's why she cares, she just does and a lot of people agree. everyone has pet peeves so go somewhere with your "holier than thou" attitude.
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It matters to some I know because the amount you have lost shows that what you are doing is working! And if you are giving advice, and people think that you lost 15 more lbs than you actually have, it can be misleading.

Who are you more likely to take advice from, someone who has lost 25 lbs by doing what they are preaching or someone who lost 15 lbs in one day of child birth, but inflates their stats. lol

It just trivializes what those who have lost all the weight through this system. (not saying giving childbirth isn't work lol, i would never want to have something that large come out of me)

:)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    So to throw my worthless two cents into this useless convo, what about me? I actually lost 30lbs during pregnancy and after delivery of my TWINS...can I not count my pre-pregnancy weight in that loss if I continued losing? I mean, I did weigh 30lbs more without the "infestation" (as someone else said). According to your theory, though, I can't count those 30lbs in my weight loss because I lost them while I was carrying two children. Nope, I think I deserve them because I certainly ate more healthily during that time than I had pre-pregnancy.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I completely agree
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    is it ok if i have my weight when I was born as my lowest weight?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    She's the one who felt the need to make her peeve public. Be prepared for responses that you don't get to dictate or control.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    It matters to some I know because the amount you have lost shows that what you are doing is working! And if you are giving advice, and people think that you lost 15 more lbs than you actually have, it can be misleading.

Who are you more likely to take advice from, someone who has lost 25 lbs by doing what they are preaching or someone who lost 15 lbs in one day of child birth, but inflates their stats. lol

It just trivializes what those who have lost all the weight through this system. (not saying giving childbirth isn't work lol, i would never want to have something that large come out of me)

:)

This!

But I guess if you lost weight WHILE pregnant - hey that's a different story altogether! Good on ya by the way! :) That's fantastic. But I think you should include these details perhaps in your profile if that is the case, just so people know! :)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

i hate it when when bottom of my jeans get wet after it rains...puts me in a horrible mood and i dont know why i just hate it more than anything lol especially when to wetness creeps up behind your knees...yuck
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So to throw my worthless two cents into this useless convo, what about me? I actually lost 30lbs during pregnancy and after delivery of my TWINS...can I not count my pre-pregnancy weight in that loss if I continued losing? I mean, I did weigh 30lbs more without the "infestation" (as someone else said). According to your theory, though, I can't count those 30lbs in my weight loss because I lost them while I was carrying two children. Nope, I think I deserve them because I certainly ate more healthily during that time than I had pre-pregnancy.

wow! Quite the accomplishment! congrats! :smile:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I just don't care either way
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Not to diminish everyone's hard work, and my intent is not to offend anyone, but...

If your highest/start/before weight is pre-delivery during a pregnancy, that it doesn't count! You are pregnant... not fat. You have another human being growing inside your body!

You may have been 200+ before you delivered, but the weight that is your highest/start/before weight is whatever you weighed AFTER you delivered you precious bundle of joy!

Thanks for allowing me to vent... I feel a little better. :smile:

THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME
  • rfarinha
    Options

Congratulations... that is incredibly difficult to do, especially with twins. I am sure your Doctor was following your diet very closely. If you weren't pregnant when you hit your highest, then of course you would use that weight.

It just wouldn't be an actual representation of what you weighed if it included another human being...
  • rfarinha
    Options

i hate it when when bottom of my jeans get wet after it rains...puts me in a horrible mood and i dont know why i just hate it more than anything lol especially when to wetness creeps up behind your knees...yuck

:laugh: