starving at 1200 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• yeaforme
    Options
    Wow! 6 weeks, that's great! I'm on a 1290 right now. It's only been 1 week for me. I'm noticing I have to graze pretty much all day long to keep myself from feeling hungry. I spread EVERYTHING out.
  • lovebug7686
    lovebug7686 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help! I am going to revamp some things and see what happens...I am going to start by eating my excercise calories and not worry about eating fruit or veggies....When I am hungry I usually go for bell pepper or cucumber to help feel satisfied until my next meal.
  • auntbev1
    Options
    Copying and pasting your rules front and center in every room of my house! Love Them..:smile:

i'm 42 years old, 5'2 and weigh 220 lbs.

I lost 27 lbs -and gained back 23 when i stopped doing this:

1. 1500 calories a day
    2. no pop, not even diet
    3. took the sugar out of my coffee, then the cream was skim milk and now its just green tea in the morning.
    4. 5-6 SERVINGS of fruits and veggies a day
    5. 3 litres of water a day
    6. 3 servings (4-6oz) of lean protein a day.
    7. no more boxed frozen crap. it's real or no deal.
    8. the usual - no white stuff - rice, pasta, bread are at a minimum (1-2 servings a day ) and are ALWAYS whole wheat/brown etc.
    9. moved my *kitten*.
    10. stopped mentally beating the crap out of myself.

Hope this helps you !!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I like the above post.
  • skrabbleproductions
    Options
    Love those rules...going to post on my fridge as well.

As for eating too much, to little, etc...just remember, you're an active person and you need to fuel the fire! I never believed I had to do that until I started running and couldn't figure out why I was so tired after a run. I was eating the wrong foods, diet this, diet that, etc and not good foods with carbs and protein.

My goal with MFP is not only to track my calories and other nutritional info but to try and eat as minimal processed food as possible. That's where I had my best success weight loss and energy wise.

Good luck, you have a pretty active lifestyle from your description and it's a good one...just one thing...can you go do my run for me today? I'm stuck in meetings all day!

Deanna
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Eat more food.
    Eat clean food.
    If you feel starving, you probably are.

That is all...

Jay