• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What do you care?

Agreed.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I agree.

If I was listening from advice from someone who's lost 45 pounds and it turns out 30 pounds of that was lost after delivering their baby, I would be irritated.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    What's interesting is that when people ask, "why do you care?" They're not really asking a question. I suppose it's possible, but I think it's probably unlikely. It seems more likely that they're just being passive aggressive, and instead saying "You shouldn't care."

So allow me to be not passive aggressive and simply state that you shouldn't care that she cares. I assume it works both ways, yes?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    well, i am not counting my pregnancy weight as my start weight, however, after i lose all the weight i want, i WILL be figuring how much i lost total from the time i gave birth. reason being: i started pre-pregnancy at 125 and went up to 188. post-partum, i was 159. that is what i am now considering my "starting weight" for losing. but after i get back down to 125, trust me, i AM going to say that i lost 63 pounds! it is WAAAYYYYYYY harder to lose at age 40 and post partum than it was when i was 23 post-partum and i am going to take credit for every single pound! esp since my daughter only weighed 7 pounds of it! LOL :smile: i am working so hard, i want credit!

You CAN count post partum weight. I agree with this post. If you count your highest weight as the weight you are the day before you give birth, then you are counting baby too. I think if you count your weight at your 6 week check up, that is an accurate starting weight.

Just my opinion, but I do look at a post of someone that loses 100lb I get all excited for them, then I find out they were 9 months pregnant and I disqualify it.(to me it just doesn't count) I would feel better if they lost 90lbs and started out 6 weeks after baby. It's just how I feel.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Really, you're going to ***** about someone else's settings? WTF does it matter to you? Just venting on that. Keep it to yourself please.
  • MountainMamaof2
    Options
    is it ok if i have my weight when I was born as my lowest weight?

lol
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Really, you're going to ***** about someone else's settings? WTF does it matter to you? Just venting on that. Keep it to yourself please.

awww Im telling
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    So to throw my worthless two cents into this useless convo, what about me? I actually lost 30lbs during pregnancy and after delivery of my TWINS...can I not count my pre-pregnancy weight in that loss if I continued losing? I mean, I did weigh 30lbs more without the "infestation" (as someone else said). According to your theory, though, I can't count those 30lbs in my weight loss because I lost them while I was carrying two children. Nope, I think I deserve them because I certainly ate more healthily during that time than I had pre-pregnancy.

You count your highest weigh when you were NOT pregnant. You can count the weight you had before you conceived, absolutely.
  • MikeSEA
    Options

I'm curious, since you clicked on the link knowing it was about pet peeves, would you have told her to keep it to herself if had turned out to be a pet peeve you happened to agree with? Or because you don't hold the same perspective as the OP, she should keep her trap shut? Could you clarify?
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I'm curious, since you clicked on the link knowing it was about pet peeves, would you have told her to keep it to herself if had turned out to be a pet peeve you happened to agree with? Or because you don't hold the same perspective as the OP, she should keep her trap shut? Could you clarify?

I think he's just showing us all that he's a tough guy. Thats all. :tongue:
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What do you care?

So obviously this doesn't make much of a difference to me (seeing as I'll never be pregnant), but I could see why so many of the women seem to agree that the post baby weight should be used.

Everyone wants and deserves credit for their hard work. If someone works hard for weeks, eats right and loses 10-15 pounds, maybe they feel like they aren't getting the recognition/credit they deserve when other people are putting up the same weight loss numbers over a couple days (by having a baby). I don't think it's so much of a competition, but more that maybe it makes them feel like they haven't accomplished much.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

She asked what others pet peeves were.... :flowerforyou:
  • MikeSEA
    Options

She asked what others pet peeves were.... :flowerforyou:

Touche *bows*
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree.

If I was listening from advice from someone who's lost 45 pounds and it turns out 30 pounds of that was lost after delivering their baby, I would be irritated.

I would feel the same way. Some are just counting the weight of the actual baby and forgetting the extra pounds that are required to support a pregnancy (i.e. placenta, amniotic fluid, excess blood, extra tissue, breast enlargement, and uterus expanding, and extra fat). When you give birth not only do you lose the baby weight, but the extras that went into supporting a baby.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

I think he's just showing us all that he's a tough guy. Thats all. :tongue:

I'm not convinced.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    So to throw my worthless two cents into this useless convo, what about me? I actually lost 30lbs during pregnancy and after delivery of my TWINS...can I not count my pre-pregnancy weight in that loss if I continued losing? I mean, I did weigh 30lbs more without the "infestation" (as someone else said). According to your theory, though, I can't count those 30lbs in my weight loss because I lost them while I was carrying two children. Nope, I think I deserve them because I certainly ate more healthily during that time than I had pre-pregnancy.

That is absolutely not the same thing as what the OP is saying. You definitely should get credit for those 30 lbs!
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is that I love to read threads in which people argue. It breaks up the monotony of a quiet Friday at home. However, every time I get involved and type something grouchy, the thread gets locked.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So how long do you wait after you have delievered to determine your start weight??
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You know what my pet peeve is? People who have pet peeves. They're just an excuse to get mad over something that doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Let it go. It's not your life.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So how long do you wait after you have delievered to determine your start weight??

As long as you are no longer carrying the baby in your tummy... :wink: