MILITARY

Options
Sooooo I have a goal and I need the motivation to get me there! I want to join the military... any thoughts on which branch? (Opinions) I can't join the marines because I have a tattoo on my wrist. Other wise im open to what people think about the seperate branches.

I was at this same point this time 4and years ago. I was at my required weight I passed the asfab and the fitness I failed the health area. When I went to get my medical exam they found an infection on my skin. The infection turned out to be from malnutrition from an infection in my stomach (I chose not to eat for an extended period of time) any way after two years of steroids and antibiotics and a year of binge eating than fasting... my matabolism is shot.

I started p90x on october 3rd. And 4 days out of the week im in the gym. I eat 1100 to 1300 calories a day and only drink water.
Aall bread soda juice alcohol and most starch is out of my diet. I am very satisfied most of the time seldom feeling hungry.

At this point I feel like I need a boost. I lost 8 pounds in the past 19 days. I just feel like I can do better.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Im also very scared of failing again. Im at the point where now is do or get to old to do the military time.

Replies

• Tyler4846
    Options
    If Marine's is out of the question, what about the army or the airforce?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Sooooo I have a goal and I need the motivation to get me there! I want to join the military... any thoughts on which branch? (Opinions) I can't join the marines because I have a tattoo on my wrist. Other wise im open to what people think about the seperate branches.

I was at this same point this time 4and years ago. I was at my required weight I passed the asfab and the fitness I failed the health area. When I went to get my medical exam they found an infection on my skin. The infection turned out to be from malnutrition from an infection in my stomach (I chose not to eat for an extended period of time) any way after two years of steroids and antibiotics and a year of binge eating than fasting... my matabolism is shot.

I started p90x on october 3rd. And 4 days out of the week im in the gym. I eat 1100 to 1300 calories a day and only drink water.
    Aall bread soda juice alcohol and most starch is out of my diet. I am very satisfied most of the time seldom feeling hungry.

At this point I feel like I need a boost. I lost 8 pounds in the past 19 days. I just feel like I can do better.

Im also very scared of failing again. Im at the point where now is do or get to old to do the military time.

Your doing P90X and working out at the gym 4 days a week. Then only eating 1100 to 1300 calories a day? For that much working out you are not eating enough. You may lose weight in the beginning, but it will eventually slow down. Eat more!
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about joining the marines - you can always go talk to a recruiter about trying to get a waiver for it. It may not work but if that is your dream it is worth a shot.

Keep working out! Eating well and the weight will come off.

Great job on working towards your goal :)!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want to do and what you like. Like jets? Join the Air Force. Like the ocean? Join the Navy or Coast Guard. Like mud and tanks and machine guns and want the most money for college? Join the Army.
    The Navy might have an issue with the wrist tattoo also though.
  • jcandidi1
    jcandidi1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Your doing P90X and working out at the gym 4 days a week. Then only eating 1100 to 1300 calories a day? For that much working out you are not eating enough. You may lose weight in the beginning, but it will eventually slow down. Eat more!
    oh so even though my target calories are 1300 im supposed to eat more? I deff though I was supposed to stay in the range of beginning cals not including workout.
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    My friend finished basic training and sent his marine recruiter in... the tattoo is an automatic no go. If I did airforce I would do si if I did army I would do mp
  • Stooooo
    Options

oh so even though my target calories are 1300 im supposed to eat more? I deff though I was supposed to stay in the range of beginning cals not including workout.

Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • jcandidi1
    Options
    No... I honestly did not know I was supposed to
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Oh definitely yes, especially since on some days you are doing 2 work outs.