Sexy in Six Round 2- CALLING ALL YELLOW TEAM MEMBERS!

Options

Replies

• mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I understand completely the PMS it sucks but I have stuck to my diet and exercise. So since im new can someone please fill me in on all the exact rules of everything. I know the questions and from what I read it looks like weigh in is on friday this is different for me from my other group. Thanks!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I understand completely the PMS it sucks but I have stuck to my diet and exercise. So since im new can someone please fill me in on all the exact rules of everything. I know the questions and from what I read it looks like weigh in is on friday this is different for me from my other group. Thanks!

Hey! Ok, so here's how Sexy in Six goes:
    4 teams, Yellow, Blue, Black, Red. Peanut613 is our awesome moderator and has set up a great mini community. We do weigh- in on Fridays. Peanut will post a link too a Google document where we will enter our starting weight from last week and our weight this week, gain or loss. She takes the time to put it into an easy-to-read chart. The nameS highlighted in yellow denote the most weight lost in that team for that week. The chart is posted on Sundays, sometimes Mondays, depending on Peanut's life (she's got a two year old and she still is never abseet from here!). Also on Sunday or Monday, she will post the names of the people who will pose the Question of the Day (QOTD) for Monday through Friday that week. Peanut wants us all to post in the thread and stay active byb answering these questions and reading other posts. It helps us keep our strong sense of community and is a great motivation and really makes you think!

I started this thread for our Yellow Team because it's a good way to build even better relationships and support systems with a few people at a time. :)

Also, I'm in another challenge group as well and even though the days are different, i use the Friday to Friday weights as my weigh in for both discussions. Works best for me! .:)
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Good mornin' (afternoon, evening, night), Yellow Ladies! How did everyone's week turn out? I was only down a pound so i'm trying hard not to be completely bummed but i'm determined to NOT let this get me down! i'm seeing results and i'm getting feedback from others that i look different too and some pants fit a little differently so i KNOW i'm doing something right! the pounds will follow, right? right?! :indifferent:

That being said, i want to say, before Peanut posts the results for this week, that i am WAY PROUD of you all this week. Everyone single one of us had a personal goal and kept coming here to support each other and reach out for support. It is amazing to have this small group of awesome women in my life reminding me that it can be done and i deserve it! Whatever that weight chart shows, just know ALL of you are winners in my book. The only time you lose that status is if you stop trying :wink:

This poem got me and my mom through some really tough times and i think it's appropriate for so manys ituations:

Don't Quit
    by: Unknown Author

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.

When care is pressing you down a bit.
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
    As every one of us sometimes learns.
    And many a failure turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out:

Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are.
    It may be near when it seems so far:

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Evening Yellow team,
    I don't know where I went wrong. I got to the gym a few times but couldn't go Monday-Wednesday because I got thrown from a horse on Sunday and felt like I had been hit by a train the few days following. I made sure and drink water and stayed under or close to my calories everyday but wednesday, and in the end the scale didn't move.
    I tried double hard this week because I had such a gain last week and I have 2 tests a week from here on out for the next 4 weeks so I know it'll be hard to get to the gym.
    I hate that I keep bringing everyone down I just wanted you all to know I am trying my hardest to kick butt but keep ending up just getting my butt kicked.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like the poem - thank you!

Sadly, this week I am only down by 0.2......but at least it is down, and I am feeling stronger and more on the case now. Thanks , without a doubt, to the awesome solidarity of the SIS/Yellow Team !!!! Actually, a sneak look at the scales today shows I've gone down more, but I've already submitted!!! Grrr.

Also, I've got time off work this week, which is just wonderful, so I can give better time and attention to myself!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.

When care is pressing you down a bit.
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
    As every one of us sometimes learns.
    And many a failure turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out:

Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are.
    It may be near when it seems so far:

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just checking to see if my signature is working!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    looking good
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good morning yellow team! Although I posted a gain on Friday (stupid scale!) I've actually lost weight this weekend and I'm down to 177 from 180 last week! Wahoo! Hoping this continues and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep the weight going the right way. I'm only 3 pounds away from having a "normal" bmi and even though I'm not sure that bmi numbers are really that great a picture of health, I'm just excited that I won't be technically overweight in another month or so (or hopefully much sooner!). While I don't think I can hit my goal of 172 by the end of the challenge, I think I can by Thanksgiving when I see my family. Hoping to look really good by then. :) One year ago I was over 200 pounds. So excited to be back in the ones. Sometimes all it takes to start feeling better about the weight loss journey is to look back at where you started.
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Hello wonderful ladies!!!

We are doing GREAT as a team. Hang tight ladies, don't give up, don't quit!!!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    hello yellow team!

Ebj - you must be so motivated - only 3 pounds away!!!!

I had good news on the scales this morning - finally - so assuming I can keep on the right tracks, should be a good result on Friday! I am really keen for the scale to show two hundred and twenty something - today it was 231.8 - so close, so close!
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Grrrr, I am stuck in a plateau! Hopefully the challenge exercises this week will help me bust through!

Does anyone have plateau-busting tips?
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Hey to all great Yellow Ladies! Sorry I haven't been around the past few days. Just been busy. i promise part of the busyness is working out hard! I'll come back with more to say soon but know that you are all doing fantastic. Keep it up!!! :drinker:
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

we are half way there........... keep focused.......

How are we doing on this weeks challenge?
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Doing good! I'm 2 for 2 on both parts so far!
  • ejb245
    Options
    i'm doing great on the challenges, though I never have an issue with getting enough water. Love it and drink a ton. I've been adding crunches, jumping jacks, squats, etc into my daily routine. I'm in the office alone this week so I've been doing them randomly thoughout the day. Kind of a nice little break anyhow. :)
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi ladies . . . . I was going to send you all an email, but I decided this would be easier. I emailed peanut today and let her know that I was going to withdraw from the challenge as I have been a passive participant this far and all you wonderful ladies have been carrying me. I really appreciate and value all the words of encouragement that you have given me. School is kicking my butt at the moment. I have six weeks left before graduation and I my anxiety levels are increasing by the day. I am overwhelmed at best w/everything and feel guilty spending time on anything other than school work/prep/studying. I know that the most healthful thing for me right now would be to commit to the gym, but i panic and stay home.

I am going to check in on you guys and see how things are going. You are all a stellar bunch of ladies and I am blessed to have gotten to know each and everyone of you. I hope to be part of future challenges and I will be thrilled to take my last final the first week of December, and get my life back.

Luv to you all . . . . you ladies got this and you all Rock!!!!!
    Santiea
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies . . . . I was going to send you all an email, but I decided this would be easier. I emailed peanut today and let her know that I was going to withdraw from the challenge as I have been a passive participant this far and all you wonderful ladies have been carrying me. I really appreciate and value all the words of encouragement that you have given me. School is kicking my butt at the moment. I have six weeks left before graduation and I my anxiety levels are increasing by the day. I am overwhelmed at best w/everything and feel guilty spending time on anything other than school work/prep/studying. I know that the most healthful thing for me right now would be to commit to the gym, but i panic and stay home.

I am going to check in on you guys and see how things are going. You are all a stellar bunch of ladies and I am blessed to have gotten to know each and everyone of you. I hope to be part of future challenges and I will be thrilled to take my last final the first week of December, and get my life back.

Luv to you all . . . . you ladies got this and you all Rock!!!!!
    Santiea

We will miss you, good luck with your schooling
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Santiea - come back when you graduate!!!! I don't feel we've been carrying you at all - you have been a complete inspiration to me. I know how hard it is when work gets stressful - and for the second week of this challenge , it was nearly impossible for me to log in. So I do understand - but you are amazing, so don't go away for too long, please!!!
  • ejb245
    Options
    Good luck with school!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    You all are my girls and you all rock. Thanks for the messages and the words of encouragement. I will be back, 4 weeks and counting (PANIC) . . . . all your words have brought a smile to my face. School has been an integral part of my life for the past 5 years. Everything school related has been in preparation for graduation and boards and now that graduation is imminent, I am both excited and terrified. I have an interview on Tuesday for a full time RN position on a med surge floor at a local hospital. I love this particular hospital and am praying that i get the position. They also have a gym available to their employees (YAY!!!!!) Luv to you all, i will be in and out checking on ya'll :p