Injuries

Options
So ever since I started this journey my body has plagued me with different issues. I found out in March that I have arthritis in my knee, lost 30 pounds, and it feels better. Now, this week my arm was hurting badly so I went to the orthopedist again. Well I have tendinitis in my shoulder and a partially torn rotator cuff. I got the cortisone shot and for the first day and a half it felt better. Today the pain is back and just as bad as before. I walked on the treadmill and did lower body weights on the circuit machines so I wouldn't use my shoulder. I am beyond frustrated and don't know what to do. I go back to the ortho on 11/8, but I am not sure if I can last that long. Sorry for the vent, but I couldn't hold it in. Anyone else's body letting them down even as they get healthier?

Replies

• lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was just about to log off and let the pain pills take effect when I saw this and had to weigh in on the subject as well!

Actually it was just today that I found out my ACL may be torn.

Wednesday I went on a 5 mile hike. About 3/4 of the way through my right knee started clicking, not really painful, just you could feel pressure when I would bend it. The rest of the day it was fine. Yesterday I was fine all day and jogged almost 3 miles, actually acquiring my best mile time to date and my highest run speed. Fine.

When I woke up this morning I couldn't bend my knee more than a few inches and it would audibly pop and send pain shooting down my leg. Did xrays and ultrasounds at work and I have a positive drawer sign - which means a possible torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). So I'm taking it easy for a few days to see if it's just a strain or my arthritis instead of the dreaded ortho injury!!

I hope you get better and get back on track to healthytown :)
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks :smile: I hope your pain gets better as well and your ACL heals. I finally had to take a pain pill, but I hate doing that. Here's to a pain free Saturday for both of us! :drinker: