Add up your food before u eat it

Options
Does anyone else put in their food in for the day and eat that so they don't go over? I find it helps me and gives me structure

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If I've preplanned my meals for the day I go ahead and add it.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I enter my meals for the day, on the night before. It takes the guess work out of it for me.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Haha! I'm doing it right now for tomorrow! I like to have a plan :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    everyday

it might change a bit.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan food AND exercise every night before bed. It is keeping me focused and not willing to over-eat.
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I plan my day every morning when I log in my breakfast. It has been great so much better than weekly menus. By the time the end of the week would get here I would not want what I had planned. This way I get what I want and look forward to it all day. :-)
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yup... I do it too! Entering my food for tomorrow right now.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If I pack my lunches and snacks the night before I add them then, don't usually know what I'm cooking for dinner so that and breakfast go in that day.
  • PeytonLT
    Options
    Absolutely!! I don't do a whole day ahead since i'm unfortunately in front of a computer all day. I usually plan one meal ahead and put it in so I know exactly what I am eating and how much. The family went to a buffet tonight and I went ahead and checked out what I should/shouldn't put on my plate and how much. I knew exactly what I was going to eat when I got there so I wouldn't go over my calories.
  • kcook323
    kcook323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I try to make it a priority. I do much better when I can see it.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Some weeks I go so far as to enter in the week ahead's dinners. I plan it so I only buy what I need at the supermarket & if I'm working it's already sorted.
    When I am working it's all planned the night before & I sort my lunch box out then so I can just grab it & go.
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    YEP!!!! I pre-plan all of my meals everyday! :smile:
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am just not this organized. I never know what I am going to eat till I am faced with the decision. However, I have not went over calories as of yet and if I am close I will do a bit of dancing just to bring it down. If I planned out my food I prob wouldnt want it after all anyway... sigh....
  • tanny76
    tanny76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yep but i normally onlyput in dinner... so i know what i can have for lunch and snacks...
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I plan my day every morning when I log in my breakfast. It has been great so much better than weekly menus. By the time the end of the week would get here I would not want what I had planned. This way I get what I want and look forward to it all day. :-)

must be working! look how well you have done!!! congrats!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Yup I always plan at least a day in advance and for the most part it keeps me on track
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of times before, I think I need to start doing it every day though. :)
  • jsteinberg87
    jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else put in their food in for the day and eat that so they don't go over? I find it helps me and gives me structure

Always. Well.... not always since I went over today... :\ eeeeek. But for the most part, it really keeps me on track, and educates me on what is considered more "empty" calories (aka won't fill me up) as opposed to something with less calories and more volume. Most definitely I think it is a good thing to do :)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I almost always do. I take everything with me to work; breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack. I try to always know what's for dinner the next evening too so my day is all planned. So much easier that way.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends that do that and it totally works for them. . I personally don't do it that way aside from planning to have the same low cal lunch or something like that.