What's worse

Options
eating too much sugar or not enough calories??? I did a kick butt work out tonight and documented it and when I completed my food diary it gave me the lecture that I didn't eat enough calories but I only have 1 gram of sugar left. I'm hungry and I don't know if I should eat yet.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Not getting enough calories is worse, in my opinion. If you are hungry, please eat.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I agree with Contrarian. If you're hungry, eat.
  • joshlikesmetal
    Options
    If you're exercising you'll be burning off some of the sugar (glucose). But definitely keep up on the calories though cause after all, you want to keep your exercises at a 'kick butt' level, right?
  • aliburstall
    Options
    I agree, eat. DO NOT get less than 1200 calories, ever. The sugar thing is a goal, not a commandment. The calorie minimum is sacred.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Always a good idea to eat when you're hungry, even if that puts you over on one of your targets. Got to keep yourself well fueled and strong so you get the most out of your workouts! :)
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    somedays there it is just too hard to keep up with 1200 calories .. .. Somedays i go over.. Yesterday i was over 345 and today i am under 700 calories ..
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat!!! I worry all about calories than the other stuff. I'm over on sodium akk the time but I'm not worried!!!
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Blood sugars spikes from excess sugar will do us more damage over our lifetimes than skipping a few calories here and there. I allow myself small sugar indulgences but realize they are just that, indulgences. The breads in the average diet are also sources of sugar for our bodies, we just don't realize it. Check out Wheat Belly.

If you did a really strenuous workout then you can probably do the sugar calories if you're hungry and not have a big spike. I would make them count in something with fat as well, like yogurt, etc.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein....plain greek yogurt, rolled up low sodium lunch meat, hard boiled eggs, walnuts.