FIT LIFE CHALLENGE- WEEK FIVE [CLOSED]

Options
Can you guys believe that this is WEEK FIVE?! Where has the time gone? It has been so great getting to know you all the past month. This week is going to be RECAP WEEK. I know we are all doing better at some challenges than others so this week will give us a chance to go back and conquer the challenges that we might not have done so well with in the past. Remember this is a Fit LIFE Challenge, we want to take all past challenges and continue to conquer them in our everyday life. We don’t want to just complete our challenges and then forget about them. Here is a list of the challenges we have completed so far.

Which challenges are you going to really focus on this week?

DIET: KEEP FOOD DIARY OPEN
EMOTIONAL EATING
LATE NIGHT SNACKING
SAYING NO TO DIET WEAKNESSES

FITNESS: WORK OUT AT LEAST 3 TIMES THIS WEEK
TRY SOMETHING NEW
ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS
GET ACTIVE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

LIFE: 7-8HRS OF SLEEP
STOP PROCRASTINATING
PAMPER YOURSELF
PRIORITIZE YOUR BUCKET LIST

I can’t wait to weigh in this week and I can’t wait to see all of your results. How did the week go for everyone? Let’s see those bucket lists! I will weigh in in the morning and check in with everyone Friday night.

***PLEASE INBOX ME YOUR CHALLENGE REQUESTS AND IDEAS. It’s hard coming up with 3 challenges every week. I would really appreciate everyone’s input. Tell me what you are struggling with in your weight loss journey. Chances are that others are struggling with the same things. Let’s work through it all together.***

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i am going to focus on late night snacking, exercise, and pampering! these are my main areas that i fall down on.
  • sidddiq
    sidddiq Posts: 17
    Options
    I will post my results tomorrow. Another thing i would like to bring to notice is that since i ahve a new project to deal with at work, working out and sleeping 8 hrs is hard to achieve the best i would be able to do is i would be under calories and my diary is open and viewable by any one any time.

Last week's results will be posted tomorrow morning stay tuned :)
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

Just weighed myself this morning and I can't say I am not dissapointed - gained 2.5 lbs. Previous weight 164.5 lbs, current weight 167.0 lbs. It was not my best week, that's for sure, but as I mentioned yesterday in my week 4 post - I need to start focusing and start believing I can do this.
    In the past 6-8 months I have lost 8-10 lbs - all my clothes fit me so much better, I even went a size smaller in certain clothes. I guess I am just content with where I am but I also know that this is not where I need to be.
    I am still considered overweight according to the charts.

So, back to the challenges:

Diet: Definately late night snacking / emotional eating. I am a habitual eater ... last night I was reading a great book and something to eat sounded so good. I just pulled the plug on the crockpot where I made some super yummy stuffed peppers with brown rice and organic turkey. They are very healthy, low fat and good grains ... I ate one with some low fat yogurt .... but it was 11.00 PM!!!! I didn't even realize today was weigh in day, so, I should have just stopped more so ...This is where my problem is - I just like food and I have been associating good times, a good book, a good movie, with good food. I am sure once I have that under control, things will be much easier.
    Also, I decided to cut or even give up coffee. I have been drinking a lot lately and I noticed I started having heart palpitations. Not good! Kinda scary actually ... So, no more or a lot less coffee for me. I just hope the headackes will be decent,.

Exercise: I want to start running again. I have not been running in probably 4 months and I miss it. This morning I went on the treadmill for an easy 3 miles ... with good music on ... I am a different person now. So, definately more running this week. AND, I have to pump up my swimming. I have 50 more miles to swim to the end of the year, which would mean 8250 yards per week. I see 3-4 swimming day in my future ... :)

Life: I need a manicure so badly, it's not even funny :)) I know I will do it myself - I am pretty good at it and I can't justify spending the money, but I need to find time to do it. I also want to follow with the challenge that I suggested yesterday - I will take a picture of me tomorrow and another one on Dec 31st (it happends to be also a Saturday). This will give me a good incentive to stay with the program.

As far as other challenges - Julie, I think it is fine if we continue on the ones we already had until now. We are all very busy and we are barely touching the subjects within a week. So, let's just work on what we have so far.

That's it from me for now ...

Can't wait to see how everybody else is doing.

Loredana
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am down 7 lbs this week (so I'm down the 2 lbs I had gained last week, plus another 5), putting me at 263.

Last week's challenges - I got outside and played soccer with my kids last weekend, I avoided my diet weakness (chips and dip :p). I didn't really work on my bucket list though, so I guess that will be something that I will need to continue working on. I do know a few things that will be on it though:

1. Get out of debt
    2. Reach my goal weight
    3. Take my kids on a vacation (or 2) before my oldest graduates (she's a sophomore)
    4. Someday in the distant future I'd like to buy a condo (or even rent) on the ocean/beach.
    5. Oh, and get my house cleaned and keep it that way :p...that should probably be higher on the list... ;)

I haven't had too much trouble with the diet and fitness challenges so far, but I know that there will come a time that I will find it challenging (I still seem to be in a motivated "honeymoon" phase at the moment) so I will definitely continue to work on exercising, avoiding diet weaknesses, etc.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Friends~ Well sort of quick this morning....I really have to get to work!!!

Julie - Thanks so much for running the group...I like revisiting our past challenges. When things lget crazy we can always go back to that. I will work on late night eating!!!! I am really trying to not eat a couple hours before bed.....but I haven't done it yet! I also will work out outside and PROCRASTINATION is another important one for me.

I am so happy to see the posts...sorry we lost newimproved...I hope we weren't not talking too much amungst ourselves.... Everyone is always welcome to chime in and everyone is important!!!!:flowerforyou:

Loredana ~ Yippee on the running! And get out of my head with the coffee!!!!! I have been feeling alittle weird lately..saw the doctor and am waiting for blood work results...she told me to try cutting back on coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel right this morning and have a 2 hour drive ahead of me to a meeting. So I was going for another cup and just said NO....not sure if it will help but have to give it a try.

I can't work out today...that kind of freaks me out. But being weigh in day come on Judy you can miss a day!!! Sorry I talk to myself all the time:huh: I have meetings, football, then gotta go to Dad's and I will be sleeping over at my Sister's to prep for a garage sale tomorrow. Yuck I really hate G-Sales!!!! Too much work everyone wants things for free or .10!!!! So busy times...If it stays cool here I think I will go to the high school in the PM and run on the track tomorrow :smile:

Well I better get ready for work!!! Hugs to all

Oh BTW..................CW 184!!!!!!!!!!! 1.6# loss:bigsmile:
  • carolmmd
    Options
    I'm down 0 .6 pounds this week. This is certainly a slow process for me. My biggest challenge is staying positive. That's what I am going to work on this week!

Carol
  • deb_sully
    Options
    I'm a day late and a dollar short!! I have had a tough week but haven't bombed too badly. I haven't weighed yet, will do that in the morning. I'm a little afraid to look at the scale.

Most challenging thus far: eating things I should leave alone. If I don't buy them, I'm fine. But I don't think it is fair for my son to diet just because I am (therefore, there is a cake, honeybuns and Little Debbies in the house!!) I'm not really a snacker so that's not a real problem for me. I do love food though. I will eat in one meal what should account for an entire day.

One of my bucket list items is this: see NYC in winter. And whenever I do... I will be thin! (and HEALTHY.)

Everyone have a great weekend and watch out for the sugar fairies. They will leave fat cells in your bed! :)
  • sidddiq
    sidddiq Posts: 17
    Options
    I lost 5.5 kg and a total of 36 kg which is like 78lbs and now i am back to my original weight. my challenege wiuld be to maintain my weight for the rest of my life
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    i lost 0.2 kg this week so not brilliant but considering that i think i put on a pound last week with being away its not to bad at all! :smile:
    some of my bucket list ideas:

backpack around australia - or at least visit!
    swim with dolphins
    have a boudoir shoot done - i might be able to cross this one off when i reach my target weight!
    take a cruise aroud the carribean
    run the london marathon
    go to NYC at christmas
    complete the 3 peaks challenge

thats all i ahve thought of atm!!
    what is everyone else thinking of?
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Hey there -

I couldn't work out Fri or Sat!!!! Feeling much thinner and I keep people noticing which is great. But I am not really excited to work out today but must force myself!!!! I am sooooo afraid to get out of the habit!!! I have been in this place before...clothes fitting better feeling firmer and fit.....then I turn around and I'm up 15 pounds and not working out! At least I am aware of it and will keep focusing. I didn't have you all to report to before either so I will be fine.

Yesterday I was at my sister's we had a garage sale to move out some of my Mom's holiday decorations etc. I started the day with fruit...then my BIL came out with a plate and he said here you go you don't have to eat it if you don't want! It was a egg and cheese bagel sandwich! I ate half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted that other half more than I can say....I kept thinking about it.....but I DIDN"T eat it!!!!!!!!

By the end of the long day I feel like I feel off the wagon and then the wheels feel off too! I bet if I really counted everything it wouldn't have been that bad. But you know how we beat ourselves up!!!

Today is a new day...but there is still wine in the fridge!!!! :drinker: :laugh: I was telling my husband alittle about how I felt and he said it's just like the healthcare radio spot we hear all the time....you take two steps forward and one step back..well you are still one step ahead!!!!!! That put it in prospective!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to share since I knew some of you could probably relate! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day.... Will you be pushing yourself to exercise today??????:wink:
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    i lost 0.2 kg this week so not brilliant but considering that i think i put on a pound last week with being away its not to bad at all! :smile:

swim with dolphins
    have a boudoir shoot done - i might be able to cross this one off when i reach my target weight!
    run the london marathon
    go to NYC at christmas

i also want to go to a third world country and do medicine care for them. forgot to put that one down.
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hey there -

I couldn't work out Fri or Sat!!!! Feeling much thinner and I keep people noticing which is great. But I am not really excited to work out today but must force myself!!!! I am sooooo afraid to get out of the habit!!! I have been in this place before...clothes fitting better feeling firmer and fit.....then I turn around and I'm up 15 pounds and not working out! At least I am aware of it and will keep focusing. I didn't have you all to report to before either so I will be fine.

Yesterday I was at my sister's we had a garage sale to move out some of my Mom's holiday decorations etc. I started the day with fruit...then my BIL came out with a plate and he said here you go you don't have to eat it if you don't want! It was a egg and cheese bagel sandwich! I ate half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted that other half more than I can say....I kept thinking about it.....but I DIDN"T eat it!!!!!!!!

By the end of the long day I feel like I feel off the wagon and then the wheels feel off too! I bet if I really counted everything it wouldn't have been that bad. But you know how we beat ourselves up!!!

Today is a new day...but there is still wine in the fridge!!!! :drinker: :laugh: I was telling my husband alittle about how I felt and he said it's just like the healthcare radio spot we hear all the time....you take two steps forward and one step back..well you are still one step ahead!!!!!! That put it in prospective!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to share since I knew some of you could probably relate! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day.... Will you be pushing yourself to exercise today??????:wink:

Judy,

First of all I cannot even understand why are bagels so high in calories .... and it is so hard to eat only half!!! So, congrats on that!
    And then the wine ... I personally love reds - the noirs, the cabs, ocassional merlots ..... this time of year, with a little cheese or some good beef stew .... yummy!!! Yeah, wines are hard to pass when we have them at home, so we don't buy very often :)
    Unfortunately most of my friends are pregnant nowadays, so when we get together at our house, we are left with wine .... ughhh

Yes, we can do this! I need to get out of the funk too and start focusing again!

L
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hello there,

New week today and new opportunities to reach our goals ..

At Julie's request I am going to drop in a fitness tip here and there, to keep us moving. I am not an expert and these tips help me keep on track too.

So my first fitness tip is: STRETCH! No matter now small this seems, how insignificant, stretching for few minutes before your workout (even if it's just a walk) and few minutes after your workout will keep you injury free and pain free.
    When you stretch, to make it easier, start from top to bottom - stretch your neck, rotate your shoulders, stretch your arms - biceps, triceps. Then stretch your back by bending forward and moving your spine in the cow-cat yoga move. Then move down to your glutes, legs, calves and ankles.
    Count to 10 in your head for each section. If you have an intense workout - long walk or a run, count to 20 in your heard for each stretch.
    Even if you don't plan to workout for the day, a good stretch will get your body woken up in the morning and get your blood and lymph circulating.
    Search youtube for visuals on how to stretch - there are million of videos out there!

Other than that, I had a great week-end - besides the fact that I didn't workout, I finally had a date with my husband, loooong overdue, to one of the nicest restaurants in town where we got to try all these tapas dishes - with wild mushrooms and duck and chocolate with caramel and homemade ice cream. I also had a glass of wine .... it was not a diet friendly outing, but I truly kept the portion to a minimum and enjoyed every bite of it. It was expensive and we deserved every morsel of it!!! With this I can say I accomplished my "pamper yourself" challenge for the week :))
    I also got to finish some of the house projects I have been working on ... so happy about that.
    So, now, i need to get back into the swing and lose the 2.5 lbs I packed at my last weigh in.

Hope you all had a good week-end and are ready for the new week! :)

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options

swim with dolphins
    run the london marathon
    go to NYC at christmas

Great bucket list!! Just reading it made me want to add few more to mine ...

I have the Chicago marathon and visiting Honk Kong. But I may add Australia to my list :)
  • PositivePower
    Options
    Monday again :tongue: I hope you had a great weekend!!!

Great job - Siddiq and Carol!!!

Sidddiq ~ That is going to be my biggest challenge keeping it off!!! You will do great just stay in touch.

Claire & Lori ~ Good job on the bucket lists!!! I will have to post mine....

Loredana ~ YUM :happy: Good job taking time for you and your husband!!!

Well I am very happy to report that I did my exercise yesterday! I had a busy day and forced myself to go out and do a walk/run training to hit the next level of my running class. It was about 4 when I made it out and as I was driving to the place I was going to run I looked at the temp and said "maybe I should go to the gym and run or maybe skip it!" It was 93!!! I wasn't feeling very good either..light headed and just kind of off. (note lots of excuses to not go) I got to the park and got started to the bike path, walked awhile then started to run 12 mins...my legs felt heavy and I wasn't sure I could do it. I pushed on listening to my tunes and looking at the beautiful day around me. I made it to 12 mins with NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I walked 1 min then ran 8 more mins!!! I cooled down with a nice walk then got to my car and stretched then sat in the shade and enjoyed my success! Push on my friends the reward of knowing you did it is so worth it...not to mention it helps with your weight loss!!!

Julie asked me to chime in too with the exercise tips.....no expert here either!!! I hope sharing some of my stories is motivating. I challenge you to look at your week and plan your exercise...put it on the calendar and keep the appointment!

I have to set up a school food show tonight and that is a challenge...it means out to dinner tonight and then be surrounded by burritos, cookies, cheese stuffed bread sticks and much more. I am going to just do my best :ohwell:

Have a great day and a week full of GOOD CHOICES :flowerforyou:
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    well i have just started work - after going to the gym!!! YAY. so pleased with myself! i havent managed to get there in over 6 weeks and did the full workout that has been planned for me. if i dont feel to bad i will be going on thursday and friday aswell this week. how is everyone doing with all of their goals?

claire. xxx
  • lorika1977
    Options
    well i have just started work - after going to the gym!!! YAY. so pleased with myself! i havent managed to get there in over 6 weeks and did the full workout that has been planned for me. if i dont feel to bad i will be going on thursday and friday aswell this week. how is everyone doing with all of their goals?

claire. xxx

Awesome job Claire!!! First step back is the hardest!
    Keep it up!

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hello gang!

Tuesday is here!
    Went for a swim this morning and the coach played Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble in the background .... I swear I felt like a mermaid :)) My stroke was consistent, my breathing was steady, my flips were timed correctly ... Felt good to go with the oldies ... for some reason I just relaxed and just swam ... I swam just as much as I would have done in a "hard" workout.
    I think I know what I will put down on the list for Santa this year .... a waterproof ipod!!!

What music are you guys listening to when you workout? What pushes you to excel?

Loredana
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    Hello gang!

Tuesday is here!
    Went for a swim this morning and the coach played Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble in the background .... I swear I felt like a mermaid :)) My stroke was consistent, my breathing was steady, my flips were timed correctly ... Felt good to go with the oldies ... for some reason I just relaxed and just swam ... I swam just as much as I would have done in a "hard" workout.
    I think I know what I will put down on the list for Santa this year .... a waterproof ipod!!!

What music are you guys listening to when you workout? What pushes you to excel?

Loredana

glad you had a good swim!! i love swimming - but theres never any music on. :( can you get waterproof ipods?? that would solve all the problems! lol. i like a bit of meatloaf if im doing some cardio exercises to really get me into a good pace and some pop and r and b at other times! it has to have a good beat though other wise i just chill out!
  • lorika1977
    Options
    Hey there,

Nothing "deep" to say today, just checking in. I don't know what is missing but the late night eating is soo very hard for me to tackle. I know this is what keeps me back and I still do it. I even wrote my goal weight on a post-it right by my computer, I see if every minute while I am at work, and I still forget by the time I get home. I guess I have to put another one on the fridge - maybe that will hit home when I feel the need to open it.

Claire - yes, they do waterproof ipod shuffle. They are really cute and small, and about $160.00. I have a hard time justifying one since we already have two ipods, iphones, ipad, ibook ... and any other "i" you can imagine. I was looking to buy a waterproof case in which to put my ipod. They make those with arm band. A little bulky for my taste but also less than 1/2 the price from the ipod. I don't know, I'll have to do my research before I invest in one ... But yes, I agree, if I would have music while I swim, all my problems would be solved :))

Everybody else, drop a line when you can ...

Loredana