Not meeting 1200 calories!!!

Options
When i eat through out the day i always track my calories but i've noticed i'm having a problem even getting up to 1200 calories. I don't want to divulge on high calorie food just to reach that but with me recently starting to pick up exercise im finding it EVEN HARDER to meet that minimum calorie limit..and i heard it's not good to not get at least 1200 a day because it could prevent weight loss..any ideas? please?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    When i eat through out the day i always track my calories but i've noticed i'm having a problem even getting up to 1200 calories. I don't want to divulge on high calorie food just to reach that but with me recently starting to pick up exercise im finding it EVEN HARDER to meet that minimum calorie limit..and i heard it's not good to not get at least 1200 a day because it could prevent weight loss..any ideas? please?

Asked, then answered....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts. Eat full fat dairy products. Eat more.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Have a piece of fruit...apple, peach

That helps me get to my total.

Good Luck!! : )
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you want to eat higher calorie foods? They taste good and can be healthy....
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Avacado, Almond Butter, Various nuts - high calorie does NOT necessarily mean "bad for you".
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Don't go for trash food, but choose high-calorie healthy stuff instead. My favorite? nuts and seeds! they are packed with healthy fats, they also have proteins and they're delicious :) nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, you name it) is good also.

I like some protein bars, the LUNA ones are amazing! They make for a great snack, and they are around 200 cals each, so that should help you get to the 1200 cal.

Hope that helps! :)
  • snobuny032
    Options
    Try adding fruit and vegies to you meals.. Like when you eat scrambled egg, add 2 egg whites and a cup of strawberries, if you eat oatmeal add Raspberries, at lunch add an apple..
    Small changes you will get it! :)
  • sparklemummy
    Options
    I always try and bulk up with fruit or a snack bar if I'm not reaching my goal. Not tried nuts though yet....good idea
  • Soon2BThin
    Soon2BThin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Jade,
    I read your post about not getting enough calories.... you are very right, you should maintain at least 1200 calories per day, if not more. I know everyone is different, but I do agree that you should strongly consider more calories! For example, I typically shoot for between 1500-1800 calories per day. I took a look at your food log and noticed that you seem to eat only three times per day... I would suggest adding in a morning and afternoon snack -- I even add an evening snack too! The nuts, fruits, etc that everyone is taking about would make great snacks between meals. This is just a suggestion, but it would help your body main a healthy metabolism and proper calorie intake. Add me as a friend if you want, I love to hear how it goes!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Water cures everything.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Water cures everything.

Cures thirst and dehydration, not caloric needs.