No Appetite?

Options
I just have a generic question.
I have days when I'm starving ALL DAY LONG, and I generally know how to handle those days.
But I also have days when I go for VERY LONG periods of time where I'm not hungry at all. I usually eat breakfast because that's the right thing to do, but I get lost after that. I generally try to eat when I'm hungry, but sometimes I go five or six hours (or more) after a light breakfast of around 200 calories before I actually experience hunger.

Thoughts?

Replies

• kirakaydawn
    Options
    I am going thru the same thing!!
    I'm just tired and not hungry!

or I will feel hungry then not eat what I make..
  • heatherisom
    heatherisom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I go through that often. I try to do a bunch of snacks through the day instead of big meals. It seems to keep me more level and balanced.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have days like that too. Even days when I'm hungry but I can't think of one thing that I feel like eating.

Then I have days where I'm positive that I'll go over my calorie limit because I'm friggin starving.

I think for girls it's a natural hormone fluctuation.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't force my child to eat if they weren't hungry, nor deprive them when they're starving. So I treat myself the same. Might I suggest...if you're not hungry, then don't eat. Your body isn't hungry for one reason or another. When you are hungry, then eat. More listening to the body, less focus on numbers, is how I play this game.
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't force my child to eat if they weren't hungry, nor deprive them when they're starving. So I treat myself the same. Might I suggest...if you're not hungry, then don't eat. Your body isn't hungry for one reason or another. When you are hungry, then eat. More listening to the body, less focus on numbers, is how I play this game.

• lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Totally agree :)
  • koutroulakis
    Options
    I experience more of the hunger but no appetite for anything.