Day one...

Options
bono
bono Posts: 179 Member
this is my first day and I am very excited and apprehensive... I have tried so many things over the years and haven't been able to reach maintain attitude of health, weight loss and exercise. Although I dabble in all aspects I have not been able to make the lifestyle change necessary until now...

My goal is to lose 37lbs (I am currently 197) to start and then go from there. Ultimately, I would love to reach 135 or 140, but that seems way to scary right now. I have not asked anyone to join with me, but would be open to connecting with someone who is committed to conquer the fear and make a lifestyle change with me.

My commitment will be to log my food, exercise and share the good, the challenges and the successes.

Bono

Replies

• oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Would love to go with you on your journey!!!. If you need friends I will help you in any way I can. If not I wish you all the success in the world on your journey here!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Hi Bono! I wish you the best of luck. Take it one day at a time :)
  • gailashton
    Options
    Welcome. The week before I started MFP I weighed 251 pounds, that was in March. I am down to 180 pounds now and have another 20 to go, which is a realistic goal for me. I'm 5'7" tall and even at 180 pounds I'm already in a size 10 to 12. I've been as low as 132 before, but starved myself and exercised 6 hours a day. That is not realistic and I know that. I started this journey for the last and final time with expectations that are reasonable. If I lose more, I do, but if I don't I will be happy where I am at because I know this time is for good. The only way to do this is to do it for good! Take the good days with the bad & tomorrow is another day. Don't deprive yourself, just control and moderate. You can do this, you just have to want it! I hope this helps....Always looking for new friends too!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    welcome :) x
  • surveying
    surveying Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Bono

This is my first week and my first weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping to see a drop on the scales even if only a pound. Today has been a really bad day for me but I intend to keep at this and succeed. These support boards and the people using them are really nice and very helpful in providing support.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bono! I can understand your frustrations...it's going to be a long road for both of us but we can do this!
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This site is great! Not only do you have a food and exercise diary, there's a very open and loving community here for love, support, encouragement, and motivation. Everyone has their down days and their good days, but everyone is quick to offer advice and moral guidance along on your journey. I see what all my MFP friends are eating and how many calories they burn and what exercises they do and it keeps me motivated and more importantly, I actually LOVE logging in. I've wanted to lose weight for years, but this is the first time in my life where i feel like I'm not dieting, but I'm actually making a lifestyle change.

Add as many people as you can! Find people with the same height and goal weight, too. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Slow start,but I am doing it. I will send each of you a friend request
  • Clare_F
    Options
    Hi and welcome I am quite new to this too but determined to make big lifestyle changes and to stick at it. Love the results I am seeing with this and being able to track everything is good motivation and I am also learning lots about nutrition :)

Good luck on your journey
  • Ocean_mom
    Ocean_mom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started this journey myself! complete understand the excitement and apprehension. Great Job taking the first step. you will do Great!
  • Erica_78
    Erica_78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Bono,
    I have only been a member for a few months now and I have lost 11lbs. already. This site rocks.....can be addicting; but it will help you take care of you....and that is the key to losing weight. Feel free to add me....the more the merrier;)