I have Halloween Candy and no self control

Options
2»

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    I have 3 children who love Halloween candy. I DON't want it in my house. They did their first trick o treating today and I am already beating myself up wanting it. How do you stay away from bad food in the house???

mmmm how about using this opportunity to talk to your kids (even little ones understand...really) about sugar, nutrition and making better choices. read the ingredient label to them, make them aware of how many sugars are in candy.....and sodas.....and processed foods. what better time of year to scare people about HFCS and monoglycerides than hallowe'en :)
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I buy cfrappy candy to hand out -- that way I don't eat it all a week before Halloween. My kids are older now so they have figured out that they need to hide the good stuff from me.... If all else fails I'll have my husband hide it and dole it out to the kids - he has way more will power. Or maybe its just a very small sweet tooth.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    We don't give out candy because we are out trick or treating ourselves. I rarely eat candy,and I LOVE candy so i just kind of splurge on it for 2-3 days after Halloween and then have hubby take it to work. I enjoy every calorie laden bite of it for those 3 days, keep working out, and then get back on track. For me? Totally worth it. It's my favorite holiday!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    i am also dreading the coming weeks with the amount of candy that my kids bring home...

i did great when buying some to give out this year...i bought huge bags of Laffy Taffy which i really dislike so no worries with me eatint that....

as for what the kids bring home...i love chocolate....peanut butter cups, butterfingers, twix...im in so much trouble. im going to try and convince the kids they should each pick 10 pieces of candy and we can take the rest to the womens and childrens shelter in our town...hopefully that will stop me from eating it all!!!