Do you count your Pedometer steps?

Options
I have a pedometer because I am a desk jocky and like to see how much I am or am not sitting on my butt all day. Anyways, for those of you who use them, do you log your steps/miles? Without the workout I just did I have about 3.5 to 4 miles done...I haven't before but I'm wondering what others do...

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I only count exercise. Normal day to day activity (work, cleaning, etc) should be accounted for in your activity level. If it's stuff you did when you gained weight logging it isn't going to help you lose weight.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It would depend on what you have your activity level set to. If its set to "sedentary" I'd log it, BUT if its something you do daily as part of your job, I wouldnt log it b/c your body is already used to that.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't count mine because my activity level is set as "moderate" or whatever the term is. If I were to set it as "sedentary" I would log my steps.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I do in a excel file as I log all my pedometer info and can bring up in graphs. I guess if your into extra info about yourself go for it!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, if the steps were counted as part of an exercise program ie cardio such as walking at a brisk pace, jogging or running I'd count if. Otherwise I don't think its a good idea to count them. Just my opinion, but I'm curious about what others think.
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I normally don't but since today seemed like a busy day, I was curious.