Favourite at Home Exercise Equipment :)

Options
Hey :)

For Christmas this year i really want to get some equipment that will help me loose weight and get fit :)
I dont have a lot of space in my house and my price limit is about £150.

What is ur fav equipment and how do you use it ?

Thinking of getting those big yoga balls , any good ?

Alma

Replies

• nikrack
    nikrack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Kettlebells, they are compact and take up very little space and are reasonable in price. A basic workout only takes about 15 to 20 mins. So quick and easy.
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    I will defo check them out thanks !
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My husband's friend likes his resistance bands, many different types of workouts to use with them.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands, pull up bar (with ab straps), 3 medicine balls and a foam massage roller. Everything I need and I paid about $150 total (about 94 gbp at current rate).
  • pixievalarie
    Options
    i like my stepper, I watched my shows in the evening and use it, work up a great sweat.
    its silent so I can do it after my daughter is in bed, or in the morning while everyone is sleeping. It slides under my bed so it doesn't take up room, and its a lot cheaper than getting a treadmill.
    this was the one i got
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Multi-Function-Step-Deck-and-Balance-Trainer/15188946
  • leyanelson
    Options
    I'd get a ton of DVDs, a medicine ball, yoga mat and set of weights.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I want an elliptical, that way I could switch up the treadmill for the elliptical
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    my favorite exercise machine at home is the treadmill.. I had it for years though and just started using it finally.. I have collected several pieces of equipment over the years but i have hardly ever used them.. Now that I joined MFP i plan to slowely incorporate them into my routine... .
  • almawr
    almawr Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow thankyou everyone !

Whats your fav work out DVDS? :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My running shoes.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My running shoes.

Ditto!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    If you have 150 to spend, I would absolutely recommend buying Turbo Fire and getting a resistance band + lower body band. :) Best in home workout everrrrr. <3
  • Beezil
    Options
    Sorry... accidental double post. ><;
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Get some hand weights and dvds. My favorite dvds are the Jillian ones cuz they're short and to the point. You can get a good workout in less than 30 minutes which means you can fit it into your schedule. I like the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and they only run about $10. I use 5lb weights with them. I also try to incorporate running 2-3x a week along with doing the dvds 5x a week.
  • Beezil
    Options
    Resistance bands, pull up bar (with ab straps), 3 medicine balls and a foam massage roller. Everything I need and I paid about $150 total (about 94 gbp at current rate).

Just had to say... your sig is freakin awesome <3 XD
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

Just had to say... your sig is freakin awesome <3 XD

RIGHT???
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We have an exercise ball that we enjoy sitting on and doing ab work sometimes. I only paid 3 or 4 dollars for it. :)
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    seriously I would invest in some great shoes and spend the rest on dvds or Heartrate monitor:) Have fun getting fit!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    This is a little over 150 pounds (about 300 US dollars) but I love my Bowflex Selectech weights. I use them with ChaLEAN Extreme workout videos. It's mainly strength training but also comes with some cardio videos. LOVE it.
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    resistance bands..free weights.. good mat and i personally love my mini trampoline keeps my body on fire and sweating lol