I'm done with it all!!

Options
I feel like I'm done!!! I tried going to Target to find some new jeans and nothing fit. I tried on 14's, 16's both misses then I even tried on 14 Women and nothing fit. I am just about done and figuring that I am going to stay in these 18's. I don't want to look anymore!!! It's been a hard day and hubby is trying to help by telling me that I don't have a choice. I still walked out of there with nothing.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why would that make you give up? If anything, you should channel how you are feeling and work even harder. Look at the success stories on here. If they can do it, so can you.

Hang in there.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other stores besides Target? Sears for instance may have a better selection, or maybe Old Navy.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    jean shopping sucks! it always does! you need to go wit ha good girlfriend who can hang up all the no's for you and keep you calm so you dont get over whelmed that always works for me. just keep trying you will find something. Target pants NEVER fit me. I finally found a brand that always works Ann Taylor Loft curvy cut always looks great on me and every time i wear them people tell me they look great. Just try some different stores. you will find something!
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Find something that is very important to you and use that for motivation. Your avatar clearly shows two reasons why I chose to try and live a healthy life..... children.....
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference between size 18 and 16. My weight can fluctuate 30 pounds and I'd still be a size 18. Don't give up because when you do get to a 16 it's easier to get down to the next size.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You DO have choices, just obviously not in Target. Have you tried Fashion Bug, or Dress Barn?? Because one store doesn't seem to carry your size, DON'T give up. I'm sure you will find something that looks beautiful on you, just try another store. :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Never give up! Your body will adjust in its own time :D
    I know how frustrating it is because I am in the same issues that you are in. But I know that one point in time I did weigh less and some day those pants will be right again. *hug* Don't give up!. I know it is hard.
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a different store. The cuts could be completely different at another place and you could find just the right thing for your current shape. Hang in there!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Just pointing something out that I've noticed. Targets jean sizes run pretty small. When I was a size 8, I was wearing a 10-12 out of Target.
    Don't get discouraged, it takes time and hard work.
  • oh_mg
    oh_mg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Measuring success by sizes is stressful - jeans especially, because no two stores are exactly the same with sizes. Being down that weight must feel good, no matter what the number size your jeans are. I agree with other commenters, perhaps try somewhere else ... but at -52 pounds, you've come too far. You're pretty much halfway to your goal!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I haven't bought jeans for the same reason, but I have a lot of cute dresses. You should buy something that makes you feel beautiful and try to do some jean shopping later, after some research and getting some help.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Re-read your profile and then tell yourself you can do this! According to your signature you've lost 50 plus pounds, so you're doing fabulously! And Target clothes run small! Someday you're going to walk in there though and buy a 14....or a 12.....or a 10....or who knows! You can do this!!!!!! Run the race and finish well.
  • shanny5535
    Options
    You know that same thing happened to me. I lost 60 pounds a few years back when I did weight watchers. I was in a 24 and could not get out of an 18. I looked like a totally differnet person but it was like the curse of the size 18 jean!!! It was so frustating. I ended up gaining most of the weight back and that is why I am trying this site and I love it. So just keep up the good work and you will get to where you need to be. You have doene so well so far...you will get there!!!!
  • Aria_Fat_Pants
    Options
    You shouldn't let this bring you DOWN! If anything, you should be motivated to push yourself to lose more! Don't give up, you've already come this far :)
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just pointing something out that I've noticed. Targets jean sizes run pretty small. When I was a size 8, I was wearing a 10-12 out of Target.
    Don't get discouraged, it takes time and hard work.

Target clothes definitely run small so, no need to get discouraged!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Seriously don't give up.

I thought I would be in 18s forever. Then, in May I was able to buy a pair of 16s! From Target no less. I've been in those since but I went back in a couple of days ago, not to clothes shop but for other household stuff, and decided to try on a pair, as my 16s have been saggy lately.

Turns out I skipped an ENTIRE pants size! I will NEVER have to buy 14s in my life. Straight to the 12s! I was...and still am...in SHOCK.

But you know what? The ONLY way I got here was by sticking with it and not getting defeated. The day will come when you walk in and leave with some sexy new 16s. And it will happen SOON. I promise you that!

Just posted this blog about the jeans thing, if you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/holy-cannoli-i-skipped-a-jeans-size-pic-160903
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    <HUG>

Some days I wish they would size women's pants like mens - just give me the darn measurements please!

You can do this, and as others have said...jeans shopping often sucks. Be strong!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well I can't never find nothing that fits me that well in Target in general, I am a size 16 but even the 18 is a snug or even weird fit.(I am curvy )and a co-worker of mine came in complaining about the exact same thing and I was like thank godness it wasn't just me.. Good luck and hang in there,its worth the fuss!!
  • LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    are you kidding? are you losing weight for your health or to fit in a pair of jeans? seriously? I haven't changed pants size either, but I don't let a pants size tell me what weight I should be, NEVER STOP PUSHING YOURSELF.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Seriously don't give up.

I thought I would be in 18s forever. Then, in May I was able to buy a pair of 16s! From Target no less. I've been in those since but I went back in a couple of days ago, not to clothes shop but for other household stuff, and decided to try on a pair, as my 16s have been saggy lately.

Turns out I skipped an ENTIRE pants size! I will NEVER have to buy 14s in my life. Straight to the 12s! I was...and still am...in SHOCK.

But you know what? The ONLY way I got here was by sticking with it and not getting defeated. The day will come when you walk in and leave with some sexy new 16s. And it will happen SOON. I promise you that!

Just posted this blog about the jeans thing, if you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/holy-cannoli-i-skipped-a-jeans-size-pic-160903

Love this. . you are such an inspiration and totally encouraging. . . I hope this helped the OP. . I loved this comment. .TY.:bigsmile: