My favorite snack

Options
As a vegetarian, I get most of my protein and fats from carbs like nuts, seeds, and beans. I decided to swap out granola in my yogurt for sunflower seeds to get more protein and fat - yum! They're a little salty to mix with the sweet granola, and they make me eat my yogurt slower because I have to chew.

Replies

• July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    As a vegetarian, I get most of my protein and fats from carbs like nuts, seeds, and beans. I decided to swap out granola in my yogurt for sunflower seeds to get more protein and fat - yum! They're a little salty to mix with the sweet granola, and they make me eat my yogurt slower because I have to chew.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I'm a vegetarian, too. I've forced myself to like yogurt, since it's pretty healthy, 'cause I didn't like it before. I don't get much protein in my diet. I eat eggs/omelet probably twice a week. I'm going to start eating hard-boiled eggs as a snack.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My favorite is vanilla yogurt and walnuts.
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    My favorite snack is vanilla yogurt (the Yoplait kind) or some broccoli with a little cheese of low fat ranch.
  • Cindy6111
    Options
    I've started having frozen grapes. Delicious. Takes away any craving for ice cream as they almost have a sorbet quality when they are frozen.
    And 20 grapes is only 60 calories! Bonus!
  • spooky
    spooky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is yogurt mixed with cottage cheese ! ::bigsmile: