Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It took me losing around 60 pounds to wear smaller jeans
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a 16-18 depending on the brand and style but I can't fit into anything at Target. Before you get too discouraged I'd suggested a different store!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Now I'm laughing! So glad you weren't considering giving up on the journey. Jean shopping you can give up on anytime you want.....temporarily anyway. Been there. Even when getting smaller jeans it can be tricky. We all want that fabulous pair of jeans that fit and look great.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that Targets's clothes run small! I can't wear a 16 there either. You should go to Old Navy! They have better options.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm not done with losing weight I guess I just needed to vent for a bit. I'm sorry if it came out that way!!! I will continue I am just a little upset right now!!! I don't have any friends to go shopping with its just me hubby and kids!!!

Opss sorry Malani...read you wrongly. Talking about cloths....emmmm...I don't want to talk about it. It gets me all riled up. And at the moment its a blessing in disguise cause it saves me money. I bring my cloths to my local tailor for refitting. Try that for time being and forget about the sizes because it will just get you frustrated.
  • nan888
    nan888 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wear some that are too big. That always makes me feel better.
  • LouisVuittonLover
    Options
    Looking at your ticker, you have lost 51 lbs!!! That is sooooo awesome!! You shouldn't be looking at yourself in the mirror thinking you are just done with this all together. You should look in the mirror and think, "Wow! I have lost 51 pounds! I couldn't have worn these 18s at 51 pounds heavier! I look and feel so good!" If you are in a little rut, it's ok!! We all go through times where we are just stuck and we want to get out. I encourage you to just keep on going and striving to lose more weight. Don't give up! We all have rough patches and set backs....that's all this is! I promise, if you can lose 51 pounds you can most certainly lose as much as you want! You got it girl! Keep your head up and do this thing for you!

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Psalm 46:1
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Shopping for jeans isn't that fun for any size. I always have to try on so many pairs. The sales lady is probably glad to get rid of me when I finally find some. ha
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference between size 18 and 16. My weight can fluctuate 30 pounds and I'd still be a size 18. Don't give up because when you do get to a 16 it's easier to get down to the next size.

This! I'm an 18 right now and weigh 260 but I was also a 18 when I was only 230 and I was a stretchy 18 at my highest of 280. I can't wait to get to 16.
  • revnica
    revnica Posts: 50
    Options
    it looks like you already lost 51 pounds, dont throw in the towel yet!!!!!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Shopping for jeans for me is worse than a swimsuit. You want them to fit and be comfortable so that you can wear them everyday... I get it. I waited until my jeans looked they belonged on a scarecrow with a cinched in belt and patches all over them before I even tried to look for new ones. And what is worse is when someone is waiting outside the dressing room for you.

I haven't found great fitting clothes at Target in quite some time. I have had good luck at J.C. Penney.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I LOVE The Avenue jeans. They were made to fit bigger gals....and they fit well :) I am a 16 with short legs...so the 16p works well for em :)
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    And what is worse is when someone is waiting outside the dressing room for you.

I agree, and some dressing rooms don't have mirrors. The Buckle is one of them. Some of the stores anyway I don't know if all are like that. Then the door makes a squeak when you open it and it seems like the lady and everyone else looks as you come out.
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    I've been on MFP since June, and I've said "I'm finished with this" at least three times. I have trimmed up and my body has form, and my clothes are buttoning up now where I can wear them, but my scale isnt moving. But don't give up, say it if you want to, just don't do it. You have a lot of company girl. You're doing great.:flowerforyou:
  • Malani2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement!!! I vented to hubby and got a good nights sleep and went out to try and shop for jeans again. I decided to just go to Avenue to see what they had and I found the perfect fit in jeans. I feel a bit better now and hubby said that I look hot in them.
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    Oh good, I'm so glad you found some! :)