I want to eat healthy, but...

Options
Ok, I've lost a lot of weight and my eating habits have DEFINITELY improved but I wouldn't say I'm a healthy eater. I like the idea of eating to nourish my body and I will eat healthy food prepared by someone else but I don't know how to make it myself. I've lost 60 pounds and have about 30 to go and I would like to transition into a healthy life style, not just lowering calories.

Can anyone tell me how to prepare a healthy dinner or lunch? I want to try this out tomorrow and I'm willing to try anything, sooo... Please HELP!

Replies

• microcutz
    Options
    You could try buying the bag of pre-made salad and buy a bunch of Chop Chop chicken (or what you prefer) meat in a can, mix the two together with a light dressing and there's your easy to prepare simple meal :) Hope this helps.
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating healthy when I'm out running errands. Eating healthy at home is easy if you buy the right stuff to begin with and make as much as possible from scratch. Start simple with oatmeal and fruit or yogurt berries and all bran. Cook lean roasts with potaoes, veggies and salad.
  • ltarkoff
    Options
    I have been following the Zone meals. Even though it's an old diet, it works by keeping your blood levels even. This site has an easy plan to follow: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check out thegraciouspantry.com. It has tons and tons of recipes that are super healthy, tasty, and easy to make.
  • ConquistadorofLife
    ConquistadorofLife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have had the same problem when but it came down to, do i want to be healthy or do i want to be lazy? i want to be both, so i brought packets of already chopped salad, they can come with all sorts of ingreediance, an sizes, i good meals a head of time for example i used to cook for three people, because i lived with three people, so i still cook the same just freeze it in proportions, there are so many tips out there, inbox me if you want some more, or want me to point you in the dirction of some websites, good luuckx
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tend to only shop on the perimeter of the grocery store. That's where you will find most foods in their natural and unprocessed state. I only venture into the aisles of the store for very specific items that I want/need.

Eating healthy is actually pretty easy! Fresh fruits, vegetables, grains (if you're not doing paleo/primal!), and meats. I love to cook ground bison burgers, green beans, broccoli, chicken breasts seasoned spicy/southwestern and cut it up and use it for lettuce wraps.

Fruits: Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, banans
    Vegetables: Sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli, seasonal lettuce blends, brussel sprouts, etc.
    Meats: Chicken breast, turkey, bison, lamb, leaner cuts of beef, all kinds of fish.
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tend to only shop on the perimeter of the grocery store. That's where you will find most foods in their natural and unprocessed state. I only venture into the aisles of the store for very specific items that I want/need.

Eating healthy is actually pretty easy! Fresh fruits, vegetables, grains (if you're not doing paleo/primal!), and meats. I love to cook ground bison burgers, green beans, broccoli, chicken breasts seasoned spicy/southwestern and cut it up and use it for lettuce wraps.

Fruits: Watermelon, Honeydew, Cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, banans
    Vegetables: Sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli, seasonal lettuce blends, brussel sprouts, etc.
    Meats: Chicken breast, turkey, bison, lamb, leaner cuts of beef, all kinds of fish.

I like these simple and easy to follow points. Some make eating healthy so difficult and tasteless when it doesn't have to be.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like to make crustless quiche. Six eggs, beaten, mixed with a quarter cup each of milk and shredded cheese. Add in some raw asparagus chopped into 1-inch pieces and raw diced red pepper. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 more minutes, then slice and serve. Six lunches.

Then, get some boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Coat them in evoo, salt, and pepper. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness), then dice or shred. Make some couscous, dice a red pepper, and mix it all with a cup (or one breast worth) of the chicken. Freeze the rest of the cooked chicken for other stuff like soup, fajitas, chili, etc.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com your family will look the foods that you can make them from these recipes and they are all healthy too. Good luck and happy hunting.