Screwed up today.....

Options
Ugh, been killing the goals this week and have lost 10lbs in 5 weeks! Today, I went out with a few friends and downed some beer, pretzels, all the fun stuff. Now it looks like I have to fast for the next 2 days to make up for it!

Guess this is more of a dear diary venting post, just a bit discouraged now. Also been damn tired so the exercise has been nonexistant.

Any words of wisdom to spike some action and perhaps forgiveness of oneself after an epic fail?

Thanks guys, the teaming of the people on this forum is great.

Replies

• smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just get back to what your routine tomorrow. So you had a few beers and over indulged, we've all done it. No need to fast. :))
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    when I go out and eat with friends/family. I don't worry or stress about it. the following day I just bust my *kitten* in the gym, outside, whatever to make my fat cry.
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I wish I was losing 10lbs in 5 weeks! You're setting the bar really high.

I have a friend who says that when you're not losing you should give your body a shock... Do all the wrong things, scare the hell out of it and then back to the drawing board...

I've never been brave enough to try! Please let me know how it goes!!!
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself, it's done now. We all have blips, the important thing is to get over it and carry on.

Wine has been my downfall throughout trying to diet. I have currently stopped, started excersing more and reevaluated my food, and boy has my weight loss sped up!

Remember people are here for you, your not alone!

Kelly
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents worth ....

I believe we are SUPPOSED to screw up from time-to-time .... there is a popular notion on these boards that if you do zig-zag dieting (in other words sometimes purposefully go over your calorie intake) that your body loses faster on the diet days ... You are just not allowed too many of those days!!!) ... so you could consider yesterday as planned zig-zag:wink:

About tiredness ... it can really be debilitating and can take the motivation off the will to diet / exercise / sleep I think you should take it seriously.
    If you have checked that you have tried everything you know, then I really think you should go to the doctor and tell them. I did ... they found a few things wrong which were fixable and 3 months later I feel like a COMPLETELY different person so, in my experience, is definitely worth doing!
  • Rewinds
    Rewinds Posts: 60
    Options
    ;_;Can I Join the club? Went to a lunchen today and probably ate about 700-800 calories in one sitting ;_; It was a small group of my partner's family and it is so hard to say no to food without being extremely rude.Pretty sure it pushed me somewhere between 300-500 calories over my 1.2k limit. Lucky I did 200cals worth of exercise this morning...hopefully can push myself tonight to do another 200 and the same tomorrow to make up for that icky icky intake. ;_;

Lets exercise it off together ;D
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It happens... Just dust yourself off and carry on full force tomorrow :)
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It happens all the time. Part of changing your lifestyle (and not simply dieting) is learning how to cope with obstacles for the rest of your life. There will probably be many times in the future where you will binge on booze and carbs and you know what? It was probably fun, and worth it. All you have to do is make sure you are extra good for the rest of the week, and up your daily exercise to cancel out the excess intake.

The more you punish yourself for having a night like this, the more you are going to resent your weight loss journey and eventually it will come to a halt.
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much.

Start again the next day and ust carry on. You need to be able to enjoy yourself once in a while or else you feel really deprived and are more likely to quit entirely.

Keep going.

Good luck
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A bad day just delays you meeting your targets by a day. Over a period of several months what difference does that make? Dont starve yourself for 2 days - just carry on as if nothing had happened.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    all of the posts are great. hope you are feeling better. I think it's important to realize.. that feeling bad about over-indulging must mean you ARE changing your lifestyle. I had a few binge days this week.. and am up on my weight. I logged it all. It is important to OWN it.. and see what happens when we goof up :)

Don't starve yourself either.. ! Just go on to the next day.. do your best.. add some extra excercise if you can. Motivation is hard when you are tired.. but, once you do it, you will feel awesome.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents worth ....

I believe we are SUPPOSED to screw up from time-to-time .... there is a popular notion on these boards that if you do zig-zag dieting (in other words sometimes purposefully go over your calorie intake) that your body loses faster on the diet days ... You are just not allowed too many of those days!!!) ... so you could consider yesterday as planned zig-zag:wink:

About tiredness ... it can really be debilitating and can take the motivation off the will to diet / exercise / sleep I think you should take it seriously.
    If you have checked that you have tried everything you know, then I really think you should go to the doctor and tell them. I did ... they found a few things wrong which were fixable and 3 months later I feel like a COMPLETELY different person so, in my experience, is definitely worth doing!

About this zig zagging idea, how often should you throw a day in like this? Every week or every few? and just a day or a couple?
  • sesefeeney
    sesefeeney Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only way the weight will stay off is if its LIFESTYLE. dieting and exercising solidly for a long time with very little rest and unrealistic goals will only set you up for failure. Think about it, will you gym like a crazy person for the rest of your life? will you never drink a beer or have something naughty for the rest of your life? if the answer is yes(and what a sad life that would be) then carry on but if you want to incoporate this into your life and still be healthy, then a day off every week or two is just what you need and you shouldnt feel guilty about it else your looking at the right side of an eating disorder.
    let yourself enjoy the yummy foods, dont let guilt ruin it and just get back on track the next day. but make sure you have a break often (both with exercise and food) your body deserves day off and treats for working so hard.
  • BrandoManDinga
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all of your support! Great thoughts all around, much appreciated.