Thin for Thirty group

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I'm looking for a group that's not too big and sticks together. The few I've joined have had little postings sadly. Soon I'll just have to start my own!

One of the big reasons I'm doing this is because my 20s have sucked. Between being diagnosed with depression, PCOS and being morbidly obese I've had a terrie 20s. I refuse to let my 30s be like that! I'm 28 now and in July 2013 I turn 30. I will be at my goal weight by then! I'm achieving this by using Jenny Craig (halfway then switching to my own food) and exercise. I want to be HEALTHY! I want to be happy. I want to look at myself and not cry!

Anyone in with me?

Replies

• Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    im with you! i turn 30 in march 2013! lets do this.... we need group rules/challenges/stuff?
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in (July 2013 too!) I'm under no illusions that I will lose weight quickly and aim to be at my goal weight going into my 30s :)
  • Lozze
    Options
    This is being done from my iPhone so can't type too well but I think one rule should be posting at least once every 3 days. Not sure otherwise, suggestions welcomened!

Challenges I think we need to set both an exercise challenge and a Christmas challenge. Xmas Challenge we set out own goals but exercise I was thinking something like we all aim for a set of exercises each night? (I'm thinking 50 sit ups, 20 push ups and 5 burpees and 30 seconds on plank?) we don't want to make it too difficult for the members who might not be as fit but still make it a workout. Thoughts on that challenge?
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 in October 2013, count me in!
    I think challenges or a daily/weekly exercise is a great idea
  • Lozze
    Options
    *bump*
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I want to weigh less than 100 kg by NYE - that's 8 more kilos and I'm sure I can do it (taking ths slow & steady approach)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 next week (eek!) I'd love to join you guys. Even if it's just to tell you what being 30 is really like lol.
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    O so in:) 30 on dec 23rd 2013! I think this would be a wonderful long term group to be a part of:) Hopefuly it's ok if I join?! Love the ideas so far. I would likely say I think that our thirtys should completely rock because we soooo deserve it:)
  • genene111
    Options
    O so in:) 30 on dec 23rd 2013! I think this would be a wonderful long term group to be a part of:) Hopefuly it's ok if I join?! Love the ideas so far. I would likely say I think that our thirtys should completely rock because we soooo deserve it:)
  • genene111
    Options
    K sorry for the double post my phone just hiccuped?
  • Lozze
    Options
    Great! Let's make the first challenge then. We'll do this for two weeks then we can all decide idiots working.

50 sit-ups
    20 push ups
    5 burpees
    30 seconds of plank
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in! I don't think I've ever done 50 sit ups in a day.... But why not!!
  • genene111
    Options
    Happy monday all :)
    Day one
    50 sit-ups - was struggling at 30 but got there!
    20 push ups- finished but defiantly the hardest thing for me
    5 burpees - check
    30 seconds of plank- check

Great start but I'm excited to see when things start not being so hard and I don't have to break up the 20 pushups into sets of five:)
    Enjoy your day everyone!
    -gigi
  • Lozze
    Options
    After all that I didn't get to! I'm so busy with softball that I'm not getting home till after 10pm most nights. No excuse tonight!
  • genene111
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I'm here to check in for Tuesday!

50 sit-ups - again noticed at about 30:) but did them all!
    20 push ups - I did them, man I can't wait till these get easier :-/
    5 burpees - done
    30 seconds of plank- done!

Good luck everyone and enjoy the rest of your day!!
  • genene111
    Options
    Wwednesday
    > instead of doing the routine straight away when I woke up I tried to wait till later and didn't get it done:( lesson learned, tomorrow I'm doing thus stuff asap;)
  • Lozze
    Options
    Genene that's a good idea. I'm struggling to fit it in but if I do it when I get up, before even getting in the shower I will get it done. ood thinking! Will be doing today when I get home from training.
  • genene111
    Options
    Thursdays results are in---->

50 sit-ups--> check
    20 push ups ---> check and still the hardest thing ever lol
    5 burpees - done
    30 seconds of plank---> yepyep

Literally rolled out of bed and did these this morn tomorrow I shall do the same:) night all:)! Hope softball is going well lozze:)! I really wantvto join a team of some sort next summer. It's on the to do list:) night night.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'll be 30 in February 2014. I am not sure exactly where my ultimate goal is, but it will be somewhere between 130-140lbs.

Lozze-Are you a pitcher? I used to catch in high school, aside from a brief stint as short stop. My coach thought he was a really comedian putting a lefty at short, but it didn't work out so well.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Yes I'm a pitcher :) Have been pitching for about ten years. We play fastpitch a lot older here (you don't stop after high school :) ) LOVE the game. Playing my 25th season now.

And of course you can join!