weight loss challenge group

Options
Hey I've searched on the site and seen nothing about this on here so here goes.

As people might already be award of there is a personal trainer who has been gaining weight for the past 5months in a bid to understand what overweight people go through and from the 5th nov he will be losing all the weight. (Drew manning fit2fat2fit)

He has said that from nov 5th he's going to post his workout and eating plan that he will be following and wanted to find a group of people who wanted to follow him doing it and 'join' him doing it and lose weight together.

Each week we would weigh in and though out the week we can just discuss how we are getting on etc.

So it starts 5th. Hopefully we can get a good group started and help each other :-)

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Yes please I'm in!!!!!
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    I would love to sign up also. Although I am a sole parent who can not go to the gym or the road for exercising I do have a treadmill.
    So if those things do not stop prohibit me then I'm in.
    Nat
  • DownSizingDiva
    Options
    I'm in!!! Excited and can't wait to see how it goes on the 5th of Nov.....:happy:
  • ShannonMarie81
    Options
    I did hear about this guy.. I would be interested!
  • Rosyz
    Rosyz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would really like to try it out! I've gained 8 pounds over the summer from my 27 pound loss. I really want to get back on track and need some motivation and support!
    SW: 211
    CW: 188
    GW: 145
  • NuttyK
    NuttyK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sounds cool, i'd like to do it :D
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm mainmtaing. good luck to everyone!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would love to sign up also. Although I am a sole parent who can not go to the gym or the road for exercising I do have a treadmill.
    So if those things do not stop prohibit me then I'm in.
    Nat

Hey
    I'm not gonna stop you joining :-) I think on one of this blogs he Rawr that the nutritional side is a big bit and the first week he is solely doing food without excersise.

Let's add each other! And keep track I'll do a roll call on Nov 3rd so we are all ready etc but before then we can get to know each other and get support pre challenge :-)
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Sounds good!!!!! I'd like to join in if that's okay?

xx <3
  • Squible
    Options
    http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/

This is Drew Mannings website. I've been going through all the previous blogs about his journey some of them are really interesting esp when he's talking about his emotional side of it :) quite inspirational already.

I'm just making an excel sheet just for reference, might make this a closed group so its easier to manage. And we can have our first offical weigh in the 4th? which is a friday and do it every friday after? Or should we do it on the 5th and so every Saturday.

Let me know how people want to do this.

Just remembered that I'll be on holiday back home as it starts so it might mess a couple of things up for me but I'll try my best anyway!
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    I weigh in a Saturday so any day is fine for me :)
    xxxx
  • DownSizingDiva
    Options
    Sounds good I do my first weigh in on tomorrow Monday...and any day is good for me just keep me posted on everything!!! I can weigh in again whenever we start it doesn't matter to me I'm all in!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    Can I join
    ?
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    alright i am in, lets see how it goes. i'll check this forum to stay updated
  • Squible
    Options
    Can I join
    ?

Of course you can 'deadline' date will be 3rd first weigh in 4th ready for the 5th :-)
  • Ramram96
    Options
    count me in!:P
  • Squible
    Options
    For all the newbies and anyone else who may not have seen the new thread I started for the group:

On the website Drew Manning has updated his blog with a 'pre' blog for what is going to happen from november the 5th Just repeating it on here incase people don't check it regulary.

http://www.fit2fat2fit.com/2011/10/it’s-world-it-feel-fine…/

He tells us he will be using supplements and gives us which ones he'll be using so if anyone out there wants to get them as well you have time to get them before the 5th!

I won't be getting the supplements as I can't afford nealry $500 for them but I can still do the diet and training program.

Could be interesting if some people do decide to get the supplements what different effects or benefits they find from them vs the poepl who aren't using them.
    But have a read of his blog, I've added him on twitter as well so I know if anything is happenening.

Getting really excited about the 5th and my boyfriend he says that Drew has inspired him to get back at the gym and starting losing weight and getting fit and wants to do the fat2fit section with me woot :)
  • Squible
    Options
    Oh and the newbies and oldies dont forget to add each other. Im adding everyones names to the excel sheet too :)
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    Thanks I am super excited. I cant wait for the weight in. I am kinda disappointed he is using supplements though. I dont have the money for that but I will work as hard as I can....Anyone who wants a support buddy contact me!