To all the women- when did you "fill out"?

Options
I put this in the support category because it's really stressing me out :(

I'm wondering if the "weight" I think I've gained is just my child body turning into an adult one? I am 18 years old, and all my life I've had a pretty straight up and down body shape... but lately it seems that hips and a butt have just popped out of no where!

I thought that I had gained fat, but today I was looking at myself and it literally looks like my hips have just widened... my mother says that every girl fills out at some point, but I thought that was during puberty, not 6 years later! hahah

When did you guys get curves?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Super Skinny girls don't have curves... athletic girls usually do (at least compared to stick figure girls).

If you haven't gained fat, but your curves are starting to show, I would think you are starting to tone muscle.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different. I "filled out" in the 7th Grade and you would have thought I was done growing by the end of high school, but I shot-up another 2" sometime in my early 20s.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    Super Skinny girls don't have curves... athletic girls usually do (at least compared to stick figure girls).

If you haven't gained fat, but your curves are starting to show, I would think you are starting to tone muscle.

If you've ever seen a female child you'll notice that their shape is quite similar to that of a rectangle. People aren't born curvy, women develop curves in order to make child birth easier to handle.

You can't have no hips and push out a baby, that just doesn't happen.
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    In grade 6'ish...I was a C cup in bra size :-/

I 'filled out' WAAAAAAAAAAAY before I was ready to.

I feel bad for my daughters.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was about 18 when I filled out & developed hips & thighs. I remember my chest seemed to grow overnight, I was stoked lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    In grade 6'ish...I was a C cup in bra size :-/

I 'filled out' WAAAAAAAAAAAY before I was ready to.

I feel bad for my daughters.

I was in year 6 as well, hated it!
    i was a DD :( which I do not get? I was a size 6 and a DD but now at a size 12/14 I have gone from a G with weight loss to a D... smaller than I have ever been :S ?
  • whatstaters
    Options
    I never filled out. I stopped growing, height-wise, in 6th grade. I'm 5'5" and was 115 pounds. I'm now 129 from a more sedentary lifestyle now but I still look pretty stick-like. Always been an A cup. I'm almost 21, and I'm pretty certain I'm not growing anymore.
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I "filled out" mostly between 4th grade and high-school- I was really early, and trust me, being the 5'5'' girl with DDs in a ballet class full of 6th grade girls was very embarrassing.

However... Most of my friends (who are about 18- 20) are filling out right now. I've gotten multiple phone calls about shirts fitting wrong, pants suddenly not fitting, or "unevenness"... and it's just normal. It's not "fat" in the sense of bad fat that needs to be lost, it's the sort of fat that all women need to maintain normal function and hormone levels.

That's not to say that exercise and maintaining a healthy diet aren't important as well, but weight gain because you're filling out is normal and healthy. Also, if you recently started eating a healthier diet, that can cause your body to become curvier (as can the pill) .

Don't stress yourself out :) And feel free to add me. As I said, I've got several friends going through this right now and I really don't mind talking to you if need :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I was about 18 when I filled out & developed hips & thighs. I remember my chest seemed to grow overnight, I was stoked lol

Unfortunately the chest area is still pretty stagnant -.- fingers crossed? haha
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    Ugh...I went from a GG down to a DD with surgery and they are still popping out all over the place *bangs head against wall*

I requested the doctor to take me down flat as a board (LOL) but he said that he would keep it in direct proportion with my body size...what a kick in the *kitten* that was smh. I am just about 200 lbs...and really short TOO BOOT!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I never filled out. I stopped growing, height-wise, in 6th grade. I'm 5'5" and was 115 pounds. I'm now 129 from a more sedentary lifestyle now but I still look pretty stick-like. Always been an A cup. I'm almost 21, and I'm pretty certain I'm not growing anymore.

Same. I've been the same height (5'5"-5"6") since I was about 13. I was naturally 95lbs at 13, at fifteen I naturally got up to 106, then I started messing with my eating and have since been anywhere from 90 to 120, but have balanced out at 115ish).
    My body shape never really became womanly though. I'm still pretty straight up and down and have no boobs.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I "filled out" in the 4th grade, and in the 6th grade I had DD's. Now they're over F(I actually don't know what size I am anymore). You don't want to "fill out", believe me! Special ordering your bras is a pain. I was even that size when I was thin!!!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Sometime around 13-14, I started getting curvier all over. I was 5"7 in the 7th grade... And my freshman year of COLLEGE I shot up two more inches! So it's not unreasonable for you to be continuing to develop at your age.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone but thought I'd point out that at your height it seems that 120lbs would be on the lower end of an ideal weight (dependent on your frame size and bone structure of course). I'd hazard a bet that your new curves have you looking strong, beautiful and fit! Great job!!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I didn't fill out til 16-17 but I was highly athletic.. competitively figure skating & on the ice 8 hours a day all week long so I think I kept myself from filling out for quite some time.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I "filled out" in the 4th grade, and in the 6th grade I had DD's. Now they're over F(I actually don't know what size I am anymore). You don't want to "fill out", believe me! Special ordering your bras is a pain. I was even that size when I was thin!!!

I definitely do want to fill out... guys don't really seem to like girls shaped like 8 year old boys...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think it would be more accurate to ask your female family members.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Between the 4th and 6 th grade, i went from looking like an anorexic stick to being curvy with c cups
    now im 23 with even bigger hips and d cups
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. You say you want to "fill out." The boys used to make flat chested jokes about me in 6th grade (I skipped grades so was years behind the others.) Now I'm an HH and am miserable.