T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday) October '11

Options

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Nothing weight -wise to report today, but if I could burn calories laughing, I would be skinny!! :laugh:
    I sat & watched my son & his girlfriend try to give his medium size dog a bath today. Their first thought was to give him a bath in our tub. but all I could see was him escaping from the tub & running through the house a dripping water. So that idea was out & they had no choice but to wash him on the deck. Now, the dog (a pound puppy) runs every time you even pull the hose out, so they had to lock him on the deck & if the dog only figured out that he could jump the railing, he would have. They took turns scrubbing him while the other person holds him by his collar & that lead to even more laughter, listening to him "voice" his complaints with grunts & whimpers. They finally got him washed & pulled out the towels to dry him & the war was on - the tug-of-war. They got him fluffed up & pretty dry when he finally just gave up & flopped on the deck to dry off in the sun.
    During this time, our little dog was hiding under the chair I was sitting in, afraid that she was going to be next. She was, but she is easy. because we just put her in the kitchen sink & give her a bath there.
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Great dog bath story, Dreamer. We had two dogs a while back. My "toy" black lab Bronco and Dh's blue heeler Blazer. Blazer LOVED getting in the water, any water...lake, river the irrigation ditch behind our house...but HATED the bath. Bronco would walk miles around sprinklers...and if his tennis ball landed in the ditch...he's wait for Blazer to get it. But come bath time...he'd relished it. Of course after bath time they would race out of the house (or hog trough outside) and roll on the lawn.

We now have a cat...I really should give her a bath, but combing her is challenging enough. Besides, working for the Police Dept, my co-workers might suspect a DV case if I showed up with scratched up arms. They know my DH is trying to quit smoking...Ü

I'm done eating crap. I feel like crap, I look like crap, and I'm full of...well never mind. Really, I need to get back on my healthy eating program.

Happy losing...*Ü*
  • ettawelk
    Options
    I've been reading through all of your stories of joys, trials, pains, triumphs, goals.....I just gotta say that it sounds to me (or reads to me :smile: ) like we have an awesome group of strong, dedicated, encouraging and focused people in our group!! I am proud of all of you, you're all rock stars in my book!! Hope all of you have an AMAZING and productive weekend filled with laughter, love and healthy choices!!! Read you on Monday!! :drinker:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey all. Just checking in. I walked all day yesterday. It felt good to get out and be that active on my day off.

Where is everyone????????
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend! I've been behaving myself so I'm hoping for some kind of loss tomorrow even with TOM. See you all tomorrow!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day i've eaten properly for a week so i am not even going to weigh myself tomorrow. I do tend to eat when i'm down or stressed. Something i really need to tackle.

My sister has had my mums cats off her now as she is no longer able to take care of them properly. Not something my sister wanted really but she's going to see how it goes. Mum was definately relieved to have them gone but didn't want them just going to a shelter. My sister's oldest daughter is very excited round animals so it is a trial for now although it seems her daughter is managing to be at least semi calm round them. My sister has a flea allergy so i had to bathe the little things and holy moly. One of them cats kept flying round the kitchen. The whole kitchen and i were absolutely drenched before the cat had got more than a foot wet *rofl*

I managed a really good workout yesterday with the last of my sisters guest passes for her gym and have eaten really well today so i'm off to a good start for the week. We may be eating a takeaway tomorrow but i am doing an extra zumba class tomorrow as i didn't get to do it friday as was at the hospital with mum till too late.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Busy busy weekend...I'm so glad it's over, although it was a lot of fun: Baby shower one day and jewelery party at my home today. Lots of interesting food, some I shouldn't have some I REALLY shouldn't have...:blushing: It'll be interesting how the scale will read tomorrow.

LOVED you cat bath story, Vicky. I'm giggling with the visual. I'm so ready, like you, to get back to healthy eating. Last week was a little tough of the calorie count...or if the calroies were within my limit...everything else was out of whack! AND, I can tell by how somewhat lousy I feel. Onward to just ONE week of healthy eating. THAT'S MY CHALLENGE for the week.

I love walking during the brisk autumn days Kelly. Our colors our so pretty here! Maybe I can get on in tomorrow.

Hey Etta! Thanx for the complements. Yeah, when we get chatty our stories are pretty good. Hang around! "See" you on weigh-in.

My goodness Shannon, you are doing so terrific! Just 12 pound to go??????

Happy Losing....*Ü*
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Has a feeling this time is different and that it will be worth it. I can do this, I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

What does that quote say to you? Times change, things change & you can change too? There is a light at the end of the tunnel? Have patience? Don't get frustrated & give up? To me, it says ALL of those.

This week I am going to make changes in my routine. The weather is supposed to be in the upper 60s all week & that is perfect weather to walk the dogs. If the weather doesn't follow along with what our meteorologist says, I will find another way to get exercise (eliptical, Wii Fit) that day. I am also going to take better control of what I put in my mouth at each meal.
    My short term goal is to make it through the upcoming holidays without gaining a lot of weight. I am going to use either a salad or dessert plate (but not both) for all my holiday meals & not overload it or go back for seconds.
    The light at the end of the tunnel for me is even though I have been through a lot this year (with both family & medical issues) & have really slacked off in both the exercise & eating department - it is time to put me FIRST, get healthy & get in shape.
    I have my dad's company party to go to in March & I do not want to go looking like this. At the company party last year, I was unable to walk due to my collapsed arch. So at the party in 2012, I want to WALK in with my head held high & look better than I did last year, or any of the previous years.
    If you have read my profile, you know my long term goal is not to look like a beached whale when we move to Hawaii after my husband retires. This is where the patience will come in. I will not get frustrated & give up because I CAN DO THIS.
    So, who is with me????

SW: 252
    CW: 253
    GW: 160
    No weight gain this week but TOM is due on Friday. UGH.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in at 160.5 today, but I'm rounding it up to 161 because I didn't drink very much liquids yesterday and I think I'm dehyrated. It's a loss of 1 lb, so I'm excited!

I'm going to keep working on my water intake this week. :smile:
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group!
    I have been neglecting my water lately, as well as well as my fiber. So my goal for this week is :
    Fiber and Water every day.
    Today's weighin - 165.2
    SW: 170
    CW: 165
    GW: 140
  • Painten
    Options
    Did a zumba class today. Would have been under cals except i've discovered strawberry daiquiri's *rofl* only 15 cals over so i'm not going to beat myself up over it.
  • Terriberry
    Options
    I would love to join your group! I need all the support I can get.

SW 253.4
    GW 165
    CW 219.6

My goal for the week is to get up every morning before work and go to the gym. Monday thru Friday.
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I've been MIA way too long. According to the website last login was back in May. So, i am embarrased to say i have gained back ALL the weight i had lost. My hubby left for navy boot camp in May and i was emotionally eating. Hubby graduated in July. He has to stay in Chicago for school. So i am still alone in Cali. But, i now realize i need to get my *kitten* back in shape. I want to lose weight so i can do one of those pin up style photo shoot.

Here are my stats:

SW 219.8
    GW 160
    CW 219.8

Btw, Hawaiian: Thanks for bringing the goup back alive :) Question: Where did you get your avatar"I like it. :)
  • o0oJadeo0o
    o0oJadeo0o Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Welcome back Bue! And all you "newbies" The more the merrier!

Busy weekend...so glad it's over, although I expect a busy week at work, too. I remembered to weigh in yesterday...no gain no loss. That's good new considerng my feeds last week...

SW-232
    GW-150
    CW-225

Goal: Log foods and stay under EVERYTHING.....

Happy losing....*Ü*
  • Hey everyone! =) I would love to join this awesome support system.

SW - 210
    GW - 150
    CW - 205

This week my goal is...no binging.

I've got a lot of work to do, and need all the encouragement I can get. I'd like to also give out all the encouragement that you ladies need. Friend me and get to know me.

We are in this together!
    Jenica
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    I too woould love to join!
  • Painten
    Options
    Hi to all the new people :)

Today was excruiating, we were out lookig for a new sofa and ended up going to burgerking for lunch. I didn't have any but then had to wait for what turned out to be another 2 hours before i managed to eat a subway. I could have eaten one of the kids by that point *lol*
  • toopuretobepink
    Options
    Hey. (: This looks to be just what I need.

SW: 195
    GW: Wherever I'm healthy and happy. I guess somewhere around 130
    CW: 195 (I started today... haha. )
  • tljacob
    tljacob Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you for the invite. It sounds like a great group!! To date, I've lost 113 lbs. However, I've been at a plateau the past 3-4 weeks because of stress related to work and school (and I haven't been using MFP regularly). Now that school is done, I'm focusing more on myself and working ont he last 25 lbs toward my goal. So many of you have wonderful stories and I'm glad to be part of group with such support. I hope we can share and motivate each other along the way.

Starting Weight (Jan 2010): 285 lbs
    Current Weight (Oct 2011): 172 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs