doing it...this time!

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Debra and I'm new to this site. I joined 3 weeks ago when I found the app on my android. Love it! I have been taking in 600-800 fewer calories than my BMR suggests. Is this bad? For all the weight I need to lose (about 100+) it seems the weight is very slow to come off. Should I eat more (this seems like a challenge)? Also looking for some support...so please add me!

Replies

• awkwwward
    Options
    Weight is not meant to come off quickly without the direct, hands-on support of medical professionals. It sucks, yes but it didn't get put on in a day. Eating under your BMR is fine but work to net no less than 1,200 calories a day. And if you're working out really hard, don't feel bad about eating back some of those calories (your body needs it). Healthy weight loss is anywhere from 0 - 2 pounds a week. Even when you're talking large weight loss numbers, don't look for much more than that - less you want it to come off, be hard all the way & come back to your hips/thighs/etc.
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Debra and Welcome!
    You definatly need to get your calories up. Your body needs fuel and if you run yourself to low it will start storing extra just to get by! I would suggest raising your calories to your reccomended BMR and increasing your excercise. Also make sure every meal is a good mix of complex carbs and lean protien. I try for six small meals a day and about 2 liters of water.
    You can do it! Never give up!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    when i started i had close to 200 to lose and i went exactly by what was suggested by the site in calories-carbs and fat. i started to exercise very slowly and increased as i could. i also recommend that you drink as much water as possible. it will all come together for you as you see what works for you and also as you gather information from friends and the forums. the site is very supportive and informational. best of luck on your journey.
  • broby425
    Options
    It would probably be a good idea to stay at 1200 - 1300 calories a day minimum. Going any lower is not healthy, and not eating enough could put your body into starvation mode. Not only would this slow down your weith loss, but any loss you do see could very likely be in the form of muscle loss while your body holds onto the fat. You won't feel good, you'll be tired...not a good place to be!

You'd do better to keep your calories at a good level and add exercise as a means of burning more calories to create your calorie defecit. Let's see how many more times I can say "calorie" in one sentence...