What are men's thoughts on stretchmarks?

Options
hannahlbur
hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
I know someone who is doing internet dating. They were emailing a guy and planning to meet when he emails and asks her if she has stretchmarks as she has had a child and if so then he doesn't want to meet.

I've done internet dating myself and I know a lot of men on there treat it like they are ordering from a catalogue - they specify height, weight, body type, eye colour, hair colour etc. But stretchmarks really?
I'm just wondering what the thoughts are on this. I've never really heard men discussing stretchmarks but are they secretly thinking it and this guy had the bottle/stupidity to actually come out and say it? Is this really a turn off/deal breaker for most men? Even though they can get them too and most women have them and they aren't just caused by pregnancy but growth in puberty and weight changes.

This has really bothered me because I have them on my arms, chest and thighs and they aren't as dark and while not as noticeable as other people's they really bother me and I hate them. If men hate them too then that makes me feel even worse!

Even if I lose all the weight that I want to and get some confidence and hopefully become attractive and sexy...I will still have these stupid stretch marks. And probably still have cellulite. If men hate them too...then what?? The nunnery calls?!!

:mad:

Replies

• xinahay123
    Options
    Clearly, the guy was not worth meeting. What a complete jerk!
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    He just sounds like a jerk!! Any real MAN would not care about stretchmarks. especially if they are from childbearing. She is better off not ever knowing this boy!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just because one person doesn't like them doesn't mean everyone will care about them. Different men have different preferences. They are just like people.
  • energythief
    Options
    As a guy, I don't mind them at all.
  • xinahay123
    Options
    Confidence is sexy, so if you love yourself, stretch marks and all, there are plenty of men who will not even notice the stretch marks! No need for the nunnery!
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Bad breath > stretch marks. Honestly any kind of scar or skin condition hardly bothers me, I dated a girl once that had keratosis pilaris on her arms and thighs, she felt so conscious about it that she never went out in public with shorts.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me in the least. That guy was either delusional or very insecure.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, if a man is bothered by a little thing on the OUTSIDE such as stretchmarks then he really isn't worth bothering about.

Everyone I've been with hasn't even mentioned them!

If they can't get past the outside then they sure as hell won't get to know the inside! Lol (I mean personality of course...)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with stretch marks.

Now gangly toe nails... yuck!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just because one person doesn't like them doesn't mean everyone will care about them. Different men have different preferences. They are just like people.

lol...men are just like people :bigsmile:
  • gradgal01
    gradgal01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Different men have different preferences. They are just like people.

LOL.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    they don't bother me at all.

and I have them too
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    Confidence is sexy, so if you love yourself, stretch marks and all, there are plenty of men who will not even notice the stretch marks! No need for the nunnery!

I hope you're right!
    And that I can get some confidence too!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

To quote Katt Williams, "Stretch marks mean one of two things: either you were big and got small, or you were small and got big. Either way, we're f*ckin'!"
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    my partner of six years says that they dont bother him why would they is what he said so not all men are like that.
  • NinjaTurtleDude
    Options
    Considering I have them so it don't bother me
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a bit of a douche! Then again, at least he was honest about it from the start instead of dumping her later when he found out :/

Seriously though, different people have different preferences and most guys out there really wont care. If you're happy and not bothered by them I doubt they will be. Most men seem to be more put off by lack of self confidence than the physical things you can't even control :)
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I have a ton of stretch marks on my stomach and thighs from my pregnancy (19 years ago). Not a single man has ever had a problem with them. Mine have faded now and are silvery. One guy many years ago actually told me they looked cool because in the right light they looked like I was metal underneath. I'm a total Sci-fi nerd, so I felt like I was part machine. I loved it and never looked at them the same way again.

That guy is superficial. He's going to be sadly disappointed when he ends up alone because the % of girls that fit into his cookie cutter mold is so low that his chances are slim. And he will be missing out on some amazing women in the meantime. Tell your friend not to be discourage and forget that loser there are plenty of deserving men out there.
  • hannahlbur
    Options
    Bad breath > stretch marks. Honestly any kind of scar or skin condition hardly bothers me, I dated a girl once that had keratosis pilaris on her arms and thighs, she felt so conscious about it that she never went out in public with shorts.

*reaches for mints* :laugh:

I have a bit of KP on the tops of my arms too. Ok I'm not one of those people who has everything that anyone mentions - just these few things!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    He sounds absolutely shallow! Tell her to consider it a bullet dodged, she found out up front. That being said, all people have some sort of imperfection. I'm sure she could point one out on him for EACH stretchmark she has.