Hi, I'm AnnaNoel and I'm new here!

Im 21 and engaged to my best friend. We are going to have a beach wedding in Orange Beach on Oct 20, 2012. I have less than 1 year to lose a total of 65 pounds to be at my target weight. I am trying to lose weight once again. I just have a problem with staying motivated. I have realized I eat too many calories and I do not know what are the right foods to eat. Even though I am engaged I still live at home. I have not moved in with my fiance yet - wish I had because it would be so much simpler to have a fridge with foods I want and know that we are the only 2 eating them, lol. I dont do the grocery shopping at home so it is hard to get them to buy healthy foods. They cook a lot of fried foods and not healthy foods pretty much..... I guess what Im trying to say is how can I eat healthier living in a house that does not really cook healthy foods?

Replies

• Welcome! I would always love more motivated ppl here to keep me going! :D Feel free to add me.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    My favorite foods are pizza, burgers anything with cheese... I guess Im not going to cut them out completely... I just really need to cut down the amount I eat. Im going to try to eat more veggies - but I dont really like peppers or onions - i like squash, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, okra. I just have to learn how to incorporate new foods into what I eat.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    First of all, welcome and congratulations on the engagement! It can be hard to avoid temptation in an unhealthy home. I suggest taking over the role of house chef! That way you can make sure you're preparing healthy options. Feel free to add me and message me with any questions you may have :D
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Hey, Welcome to MFP. if you are dedicated you can definitely accomplish your goal. my advice is make a lot of friends and join some challenges here. good luck :)
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    thanks everyone! I can say I am definately trying. Today for lunch my family cooked pork chops, turnip and mustard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread and potatoes. I ate a little bit of all of it. Mostly greens and peas - and that is food I would normally not even eat. So I am trying to learn to like other foods - even if I dont like it at first I am still trying to do it!
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    I'm going to have to take my own advice-start tracking! I was shocked to join today (unexpectedly) and then log my food. :blushing: YIKES!! I've almost had my entire calorie amount and it's barely past lunch! Track, track, track! Be realistic. Meat the size of your palm. Fill your plate with veggies/salad and low-cal toppings. Add flavor without fat, like fat free italian dressing, cumin, garlic and hot sauce. Nothing fried. Lower your bread intake. OR, log it before you eat it to see how it affects your scores, and adjust accordingly. :wink: We can do it!!