What are men's thoughts on stretchmarks?

13»

Replies

• hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Sad thing is I, maybe wrongly, assume ALL women will see my stretchmarks and that'll be it...phone calls stop, etc.

Nice to see people say they don't care about them. But the thing is, most of us here some, or at least have some experience of them. People who have been slim all their lives probably wont, and will think the worst...

I would hope that women would be sympathetic as we are so prone to them. But you just never know with people :/
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Stretch marks = scars

scars = memories, stories, reminders, and lessons learned.

As a man, no they don't bother me in the least!

Personally I'm Proud to have my stretch marks. There proof to myself of what I let my self become and the physical toll it had on my body. I will always have them. It only emphasizes the transformation I've been busting my *kitten* for. (think of them as tiger stripes or something)

Almost everyone man or woman has stretch marks of some form on their body.

I guess I don't see them as scars because I got them just through growth at a young age. But I have heard other people say that they are like reminders of losing lots of weight and all that hard work.

Also the guy just sounds like he was settling for nothing less than his interpretation of perfection. (that woman likely exists... however on the other hand, hes very likely to fall very short of her standards and expectations in a man)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Stretchmarks ? Really ? How shallow !

My wife and I both in our 40's - they are our battle wounds - better for having won the fight !

Anyone with stretchmarks should look at them as being 'number of kills'.

nissanandporscheaddis00.jpg
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    they don't bother me at all.

and I have them too

I just want to say that you kinda look like Teuchi from Naruto (the guy who owns the Ramen shop)
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    I had two babies in two year and I have terrible stretch marks. Nothing my hubby said could convince me that they weren't totally disgusting and probably grossing him out. THen he got a desk job, gained some weight and got some himself. I wasn't bothered about them in the least on him.

Now I can accept that mine don't bother him, and that he is attracted to me anyway. :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    My fiance has never been bothered by my stretch marks.

I always used to be so self conscious about mine but the I realized guys can have stretch marks too. I was always chubby & got my first stretch marks during a growth spurt when I was in 6th grade. But both of my sisters were NEVER chubby & they both got stretch marks too. That made me feel a little better about them. Most of mine now are really faded so unless you really look you can't even see them(except for the pregnancy stretch marks)

I think if a guy is going to judge someone on stretch marks he's not a guy worth knowing.
  • justMzMimi
    justMzMimi Posts: 6 Member
    Something weird happened when I tried to quote something so just ignore this post. :frown:
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Bump to read and respond later.
  • justMzMimi
    justMzMimi Posts: 6 Member
    To quote Katt Williams, "Stretch marks mean one of two things: either you were big and got small, or you were small and got big. Either way, we're f*ckin'!"

LOL that's the quote my boyfriend likes to use actually Katt Williams' whole section about women worrying about what REAL men care nothing about.

Most good guys I know care nothing about stretch marks and some that I know have them from bulking up. If that is his concern and not who you actually are a person consider yourself lucky because he's probably not the guy you'd want anyway.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    I've never had a boyfriend bothered by stretch marks. I have them on my arms, legs and stomach (no from child birth) and no one cares. They don't really bother me any more like they use to.

Also I have a 19cm scar down my right leg from having hip surgery twice when I was little. I've gotten use to it, guy don't like them then he can hit the road.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    The next guy I date better NOT be bothered by them... they are kind of a part of me now. They are my fun squiggles that tell a story.

That guy was a JERK. I'd have told him off so bad he'd cry to his mommy! How disrespectful!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    My boyfriend has a lot stretchmarks too!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Okay.. realistically, I may not have a lot since I've never been pregnant, but I have NEVER gotten naked for a guy and had him say "you have stretch marks"??? that thought usually should not cross a man's mind in that moment.. it's more like "booobies" hahaha
  • All those things that we hate about ourselves stretch marks, freckles, moles, dimples, hair texture, etc., those are the very things that make us beautiful and special. Scars especially. Scars tell a story, every guy I've dated has had a scar somewhere on their body and when you find it it usually leads to a very interesting story about their past. What a cool way to get to know someone?

The way I see it scars are a badge of honor, it means you were stronger than whatever it was that tried to harm you. You survived, you're stronger for it and you've got the scars to prove it! Stretch marks included!!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Wow what a read xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pregnant twice and once with twins, 5,14 and 6,03, so a good size, my last child was 9.10 lb, so all in all large babies...

I am lucky, I have hardly any, you cant see them...

I think the only people bothered by them are ladies who are not confident within themselves and men who have problems with themselves so have to try and degrade other people............. xxx

I would message that man and say "hell yeah, I have loads of stretch marks, now could you stop messaging me so I can put my attention on someone who can appreciate me for who I am!" xxxxxxxxxxx:flowerforyou:
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 195 Member
    Confidence is sexy, so if you love yourself, stretch marks and all, there are plenty of men who will not even notice the stretch marks! No need for the nunnery!

I am so using your quote for my facebook profile-- If I ever go on there again! LOL...
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Okay.. realistically, I may not have a lot since I've never been pregnant, but I have NEVER gotten naked for a guy and had him say "you have stretch marks"??? that thought usually should not cross a man's mind in that moment.. it's more like "booobies" hahaha

:laugh: :laugh: i laughed a LOT when i read the last sentance!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I would have told him that anyone who had the audacity to think they're ever going to have to worry about seeing them wasn't anyone I was interested in seeing anyway. None of his d#@n business whether someone he's never met has stretchmarks. Did manners go out with the internet?

This was the first thing I thought, too. How completely inappropriate to ask someone a question like that, whether you know them or not. When a woman is ready for you to know whether or not she has stretch marks, she'll be naked in front of you, and you won't have to ask. And my guess is, at that point, you won't care.

But, as my dad has always said to me, a man will tell you his intentions if you listen. When someone tells you that if you have stretch marks, he doesn't even want to meet you, the ONLY thing he was looking for was sex. If he had any intention of getting to know you and seeing if there was any relationship potential, it would never have entered his mind.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,259 Member
    That guy was a jerk! There is nothing wrong with stretch marks.