Your thoughts?

Options
I have been so incredibly hungry this past week. I'll be fine during the day (usually), then in the evening I just want to eat everything. Aunt Flow was visiting this week, but honestly she hasn't done much for my hunger previously, so I don't think she's the culprit this week either. I'm thinking that maybe I need to up my daily calories, but would like to see what other people think.

I've been at this since June 6, starting with 1200 cals. Seven weeks later I upped to 1360. Then I started masters swimming with my old swim team and upped to 1400, but have trouble netting that much on days I swim. Sometimes I compensate on days I don't swim, kind of zigzagging my calories if you will. My guesstimate is that I burn around 800-1000 calories per practice, but sometimes I'm sceptical.

I have cheat meals every once in a while, but ever since Thanksgiving, I've felt like everyday is a huge struggle to stay in my calories when before it never was.

MFP says my BMR is 1,442 calories/day. Should I up my calories to 1500? Or stay at 1400 for another week and see how the hunger goes?

Replies

• candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You should have a metabolism test done. They run about 45 bucks most places. MFP says my BMR is in the low 1400's - but the metabolism test says it's 1850 - 2200. Meaning I have to eat more than MFP says I should eat. If you're actually hungry - eat something healthy. If you just have the munchies like I get every evening - eat something healthy ;) Like an apple, with a lil peanut butter smeared on if you have the cals left
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You should have a metabolism test done. They run about 45 bucks most places. MFP says my BMR is in the low 1400's - but the metabolism test says it's 1850 - 2200. Meaning I have to eat more than MFP says I should eat. If you're actually hungry - eat something healthy. If you just have the munchies like I get every evening - eat something healthy ;) Like an apple, with a lil peanut butter smeared on if you have the cals left

That's good advice about the test! I'll definitely look into that.

It doesn't feel like the munchies, I actually feel hungry =/ But yes, I have some carrots in the fridge waiting for me =]