Zumba for the Wii

Options
I have heard people talking alot about zumba and there is a lady I work with that went to the classes and lost some weight. She looks really good. I don't have time to take a class and I know they have one out for the wii. Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts on it.

Replies

• lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    bump
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I bought it the other day. I love it! It's a great workout and because you're not worrying about what anyone's thinking watching you, i find that i put a lot more effort into it than i would in a class!
    I definitely give it a thumbs up!
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a bunch of Zumba classes when I was going to school & I loved it! I'm thinking about getting it for the Wii too!
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD and the wii version! I'm to shy to go to the class at the YMCA. I can go for free because I have Y membership. I love the dvd it is so much fun! I have only done the wii one once. It was sometimes a lit bit hard to get the moves figured out and right. My problem was my remote kept slipping up out of the waist band. After I figured it out it wasnt so bad. They are both fun but I love the DVD best!! It is fun seeing the energy and fun the trainers have!! Find what works for you. Everyone is different!!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to buy Zumba for the wii!! I am a Zumba instructor and go to quite a few classes. I LOVE the atmosphere of the live classes. I also have some of the DVD's and those are tons of fun too when there's no class to attend. I am interested to hear what people have to say about the video game.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Zumba for Wii but I have it for the xbox 360 kinect & it is a good workout. But if you ever get a chance to attend a class, do it! I thought the first time I went that ppl would be watchin me but they weren't, everyone is too busy trying to concentrate on what they are doing personally & what the instructor of the class is doing. I :love: ZUMBA weither it be a class, dvd, or the game. I am Zumba Fanatic. Plus it does help that I have lost like 3" on my waist as well!
  • lscott59
    Options
    I have the Zumba Wii and I have done it once. I thought it was fun and exhausting. I am going to have to do it a few times to get the moves down. I am also going to have to get motivated. I am not much of an exercise guru. If anyone knows how to get motivated ... please let me know.
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have it and love it!! I have the dvds also. It's an awesome workout!
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I live about 30 minutes away from the nearest Zumba classes. I didn't know that Zumba for Wii was out so I'm excited to buy that!
  • Tardis17
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this up. I was wondering about trying it out. I'm not brave enough (yet) to go to a class.

Does anyone know if it's anything like the Just Dance game for the Wii? I wasn't very impressed with that. Maybe I just wasn't very good at it. lol.
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on learning the steps for this, but its fun. I play a lot of Just Dance though. If you enjoy doing other kinds of dance, I think you'll like it.
  • deb505
    deb505 Posts: 11
    Options
    I really am not a exercise person but when I have a friend to work out with I do enjoy it. My daughter is getting the zumba and we hopefully will be working out together. I have never tried the zumba but have heard alot of nice things about it. Find a friend first its so much easier when you have your own backup/encouraging person
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i LOVE zumba for the wii! It keeps track of your hip movements and the trainer on the screen will turn green if you are doing it right! kicks my butt everyday =)
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Wii and I have done it once. I thought it was fun and exhausting. I am going to have to do it a few times to get the moves down. I am also going to have to get motivated. I am not much of an exercise guru. If anyone knows how to get motivated ... please let me know.

Join my 30 Day Zumba Challenge (you can start whenever you want) --its how I motivated myself to do it!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/366488-zumba-30-day-challenge
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hmm...glad I read this thread. I'm going to ask for the Zumba for Wii for Christmas either way but I don't have the chance of taking a Zumba class but it sounds like fun so I want to try it for Wii and figured with Christmas coming up it's easy to ask for. :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Double Post!
  • Jendulin
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone sounds very fun and popular think I will give it a try especially with winter coming and will have to be inside alot more:happy:
  • samatalma
    Options
    My fiancee just got this for me for Christmas!! Played it for little while, love it! Can't wait to start doing it regularly!! It is definitely going to kick my butt!
  • bh12058
    bh12058 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Which DVD do you have ???
  • beatlegirl1
    Options
    I'm going to buy the Zumba Wii after Christmas, when all the sales are going on.
    I've done Zumba Fitness on DVD. They're really great and fun exercises.