Fighting the frustration

Options
I have been keeping my caloric intake @ 1100-1200 calories a day and burning 2500-2900 everyday for the last 5 weeks. I AM NOT losing anything. I exercise and make better choices but it doesn't help and I am sooo frustrated. Sorry, I just don't know what to do anymore. My blood was checked and it was fine. I am keeping carbs down and eat more veggies/fruit. ARG.

Replies

• MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? That's a lot of calories burned. Are you sure you are eating enough?
  • shalesteel
    Options
    The calories burned includes resting cals. I burn probably 600-700 over that. You should eat the calories back?
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    You need to eat more so that your body will think it is ok to let go of the fat... so they tell me. I have had alot of plateaus myself. I think I must be calculating things wrong. Calorie count , exercise, etc. I do know the frustration. I am right there with you. However, I also know, that if you KEEP on doing what is right, you WILL lose the weight. hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • ginabina13
    Options
    You're not eating enough calories.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That seems like alot of calories burned, without taking that much back in. I would up your calorie intake. Either that, or not burn so many calories. I'd change my workout schedule.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert, but I don't think you're eating enough calories if you're burning that many with exercise. Your metabolism will actually slow down to conserve in order to maintain normal functioning. I would emphasize protein & fiber which will naturally increase your metabolism because it's harder for your body to burn. Try increasing your calories to at least 1300-1400 & see what happens. Don't give up. Just try tweaking things a little bit at a time & see what works best for you.
  • HannahBiffel
    HannahBiffel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, you're definitely not eating enough. If MyFitnessPal says to eat 1,200 calories per day and you're burning 1,000 calories working out (which I find unnerving because you must be working out a ton!! Unless you weigh a lot but then again if you did weigh a lot, you would be required to eat more than just 1,200 calories per day) that means you are only surviving on 200 calories per day and that's not possible for the human body to survive on therefore it's conserving as much fat as it can to survive!! You need to consume 1,200 calories NO MATTER WHAT! If you burn 1000 calories, you then have to turn around and EAT those 1,000 calories back in order for your body to burn any excess stored fat that it doesn't need to thrive successfully.

Believe me, it works! I am still losing weight and I eat all of my calories every single day with a huge smile on my face at every bite. This is the first "diet plan" that's ever made any sense to me. All of those low fat, low carb, low sugar b/s plans don't work because they make you restrict yourself down so far that you feel terrible. You may lose weight fast, but it comes back on twice as fast if you stop because they are not designed to help you stay that way. No one can live completely without carbs, it's unhealthy and unrealistic. Your body needs carbs for energy. The only way to successfully lose weight is to work out and eat right and that's all there is to it.