STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 4

Options
123457»

Replies

• mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY Oct 20 QOTD: What is your favorite go to on the go snack?

(Sorry I missed this one) My favorite on the go snack is a Fiber One Bar - Antioxidant Chocolate Chip
  • 6eighteen11
    Options

String cheese :)
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Friday, 10/21 QOTD: How does your workout routine change with the change of seasons?

I love to run, so I really enjoy the spring/fall when I can get all my running done OUTSIDE....the treadmill is so very boring to me....Summer and Winter....I'm in the basement too :(
  • Wfortner
    Options

Hmmm.....I really love a sharp cheddar cheese stick with a snack pack of multigrain crackers :) I also travel with chocolate meal bars in my purse ALL the time...in case of a "food emergency" when I am out/about...lol....
  • Wfortner
    Options
    Saturday, 10/22 QOTD: Have you guys had any strong cravings (other than the usual chocolate) that have made this hard to deal with?

I dont usually struggle with sweets as much as I am a "salty" kinda girl....I love to have things like cheese and pepperoni....yummm!! I gave up my Diet Mt Dew...and that was REALLY bad for a couple of weeks. I let myself have a sip every now and then, but its not the same anymore...tastes icky to me....
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options

That would be a protein bar first, then maybe cheese.
  • DarleneMedeiros
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

I like to work out in the morning and have a nice walk in the evening. I find that if I work out in the morning, I have more energy and i pay closer attention to what i eat during the day because i know how hard I worked that morning. When I work out in the evening, I find that I don't always give my best because I am tired. I find that a nice brisk walk in the evening sometimes helps to burn off the extra calories I had that day and it keeps me out of the house (where all the food is).
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

i always try to exercise in the morning as that is when hubby looks after little man for me. i always find it sets me up for the day aswell. i feel more energetic and happier in general.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I too "try" to workout in the morning cause it does make me feel better and have more energy but as long as I get a wrkout in, I am good!
  • 6eighteen11
    Options

I LIKE to workout in the mornings, after being up for about an hour. I'm usually most motivated then, and I can guarantee I get my workout in for the day. It also usually results in me watching what I eat more carefully throughout the day (so I don't "waste" my workout). Unfortunately that only works on the weekends, and I find I struggle quite often with talking myself into working out in the evenings after work. I've tried waking up early to workout, but I am absolutely not a morning person and it's nearly impossible to get me out of bed that early.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I used to workout in the mornings but now i do the evenings... I liked mornings better i think it's a great wat to start your day i just odnt see myself getting up any sooner then i have to for work.... i really don't think i notice a difference as in results i just know evening workout are hard to do because the rest of the usually consumes a big part of my energy!!1
  • MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I will be posting the new thread shortly. thanks!
  • Wfortner
    Options

I like to work out as early in the day as possible, seems like I am often too tired by night time I dont burn as many calories...plus the family is all home and I find it hard to make time for myself. I try to run 3 days a week....because of the hot summer I have been doing that early early in the morning as soon as its light enough to see. Now with the season changing, and the days cooling down I have enjoyed running some evenings with my kids riding their bikes. They really enjoy that time together (and so do I ) :) As for my Zumba and other dvds --those are usually in the afternoon....I home school my children and after lunch they are off and playing, so I can pop a workout dvd in...Its not always the same things each day....but I try to make sure I do it...FOR ME...at some point. My family knows how important this is to their Mommy (and wifey) .... :)
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

At the moment, my only choice is to workout in the afternoons/evenings. I would love to workout in the early afternoons. I used to workout earlier in the day, and I enjoyed it, other than needing to shower two or more times a day. lol.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options
    Friday, 10/21 QOTD: It's not my turn for QOTD, but I'll fill in for the team! How does your workout routine change with the change of seasons?

Mine relatively stays the same. Unfortunately, I workout indoors. In the summer, though, I do love swimming and enjoying the weather outside.
  • mariahhatfield
    Options

I could go on forever. These are mainly what I take to school:

- Apples
    - TLC Granola Bars
    - Special K Bars
    - Carrots
    - Craisins
    - Wheat Thins
    - Animal Crackers
    - Graham Crackers

Etc., Etc., Etc.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Hmmm, I don't really think that I have one. I don't really snack much because then I can't stop. But, if I am running to the gym and am hungry I grab a piece of fruit. :)
  • MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD. THE NEW ONE IS NOW POSTED. I HAVE MOVED THE MONDAY'S QOTD OVER TO THE NEW THREAD. THANKS!