SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo - April 2

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Good morning, pebbles. Steel-cut oatmeal and blueberries has become possibly my favorite breakfast - yum. :love: Though I still love yogurt and muesli.

I managed to do my pushups last night, though I was a little disappointed in my last set. Today is strength routine (done), walk after lunch, and Zumba. Oh, and 5 cups fruits/veggies (1 down - yay blueberries). I'm limiting myself to 2 cups fruits and leaving the rest veggies. Fortunately for this vegetarian, beans and tofu count as veggies, too. :happy:

It looks like the sun is out today, which always brightens my mood. Sunshine boogaloo!

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Good morning, pebbles. Steel-cut oatmeal and blueberries has become possibly my favorite breakfast - yum. :love: Though I still love yogurt and muesli.

I managed to do my pushups last night, though I was a little disappointed in my last set. Today is strength routine (done), walk after lunch, and Zumba. Oh, and 5 cups fruits/veggies (1 down - yay blueberries). I'm limiting myself to 2 cups fruits and leaving the rest veggies. Fortunately for this vegetarian, beans and tofu count as veggies, too. :happy:

It looks like the sun is out today, which always brightens my mood. Sunshine boogaloo!
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba about 4 weeks ago and am totally hooked . . . . love it! Are you in hamilton?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm. . .CP, can I come across for breakfast? I didn't make any oats this week and now I want some.

(That's pretty much my favorite way to eat them. I also chop walnuts into it and sometimes if I'm feeling fancy drizzle just a teeny bit of honey on top. . .)

Today is a busy day. I'm leaving town tomorrow, and I'm in full-scale-freak-out mode about the conference presentation. I can't decide if I'm more nervous about the presenting or the traveling. Probably the traveling. I don't think I've driven a car in almost a year, and this is a semi-long road trip. (I'm sure it's like riding a bicycle, right?)

For today, I have to pack, print out my presentation handouts, teach, have an appointment with an adviser, go to spin/do a short upper body workout (my trainer now writes me a "prescription" to take to the gym. . .love her!) , go to choir rehearsal and try to keep breathing and remain calm. (that's my main one.:wink: )

Take care of yourselves/breathe deeply boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I wish I could stand to eat oatmeal. I know it's healthy, but I just can't get past the texture.
    I am feeling a little better again, though I am very dehydrated. Anyone have any idea how much water I can safely drink from 8-noon? I am going to try to drink as much as I can get down. My voice is really cracky (Alex is even making fun of me.), and I have a headache off and on.
    Alex has an appointment with his neurologist at 2:30. (I don't want to have to leave the room several times during the visit to go to the bathroom. I will take a bottle of water with me though. The appointment can last up to three hours with testing and stuff.) This may be his last visit which would make us sad I think, because he's a wonderful Christian man and he's a great doctor. They may decide they aren't quite done with him yet either. I'm not bragging (well, maybe a little) when I say that Alex is just about everybody's favorite. I think even the CEO loves Alex because he gave us a 50% discount on our bill for today since we have no insurance! God is good! He's also his therapists' favorite. :love:
    Rabbit trail! Sorry. Anyway, I got my turbo jam dvd's yesterday. I can see how it will work for me because it's fairly similar to taebo and I know taebo works if I will stick to it. I may not get started on it until Monday or whenever I get over this crud.
    So today is:
    drink lots and lots of water
    continue blowing my nose and coughing :tongue:
    take Alex to his appointment
    and that's about it.
    Have a great Thursday all!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I had a very strange experience yesterday. I went to morning weights (which was great & has a lot of step work) and nearly passed out about three times. I had to stop and sit until the faintness went away. I felt faint the rest of the day. I thought it was because I didn't eat enough - but I ate and ate and it didn't go away (600 calorie snack after workout). I was faint during yoga as well. I told the teacher, so we didn't do any inversions. Other than that, I felt perfectly ok.

I hope it doesn't come back today. I thought it could be: allergies (though I'm not supposed to be allergic to oak but I live in a constant state of stuffiness because, in an odd twist of fate, I'm allergic to cats), not enough food (I'm not actively dieting though), or low Iron (though I don't know why it would strike suddenly like this). I'm open to other ideas. Oh, I'm not pregnant - or someone is going to get sued.

So I didn't bike ride yesterday, but plan on going for one today. If I'm still ok this evening, I'm going to a yoga class.

Bubble-head Boogaloo,

Mary

ps - I'm also leaving tomorrow for the weekend.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hi Angela! I am in Rochester. I have tons of fun in Zumba - after a few months, I am finally starting to look a little more like I am actually dancing. :laugh:

V, you are welcome for breakfast anytime! I like pecans in mine as well. I have mostly cut out the brown sugar, but occasionally sprinkle on a little bit. MM - have you tried steel-cut oats? My mom hated oatmeal because of the texture until she tried steel-cut - they are chewier and not so mushy.
    I thought it could be: allergies (though I'm not supposed to be allergic to oak but I live in a constant state of stuffiness because, in an odd twist of fate, I'm allergic to cats), not enough food (I'm not actively dieting though), or low Iron (though I don't know why it would strike suddenly like this). I'm open to other ideas.
    How about dehydration? Or low blood pressure (although I don't know what would cause that, other than maybe dehydration or low sodium)? Was the room hot? I sometimes get lightheaded in the shower after exercising - some combination of the heat and recent exertion knocks me down. (This is one reason why I would never consider bikram - enjoy, V!) I have seasonal allergies but they have never made me feel dizzy or faint - just sluggish (particularly back when I was getting allergy shots - I would often feel very slow and tired a few hours after the shot). I suppose arrhythmia is another possibility. Were you wearing an HRM (not that they are hugely accurate, but if you noticed that it was higher or lower than most days that might be relevant)?

Enjoy your trips, Mary and Vivia!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow Melissa, what an awesome dr!!! Who can blame them, Alex is adorable! :flowerforyou:

Yeah, so on the calorie estimator, that's sort of my point. We have all been so focused on these 1,200-1,600 cal diets, we may have kicked into starvation mode. Try for one week to eat near you cals and see what happens. I know i"m eating more, working out less, and have had NO change in my weight for about 6 months. So, now that I'm healthy and can exercise again, the weight should start coming off too. Just a thought for the rest of you who are just as frustrated as I have been...

Ran a quick 3 miles yesterday while on cloud nine; not sure what i'll do today. Might attempt next taebo video to keep the entertainment factor on high! :laugh:

Have a great weekend to anyone sneaking out tomorrow!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

I thought it could be: allergies (though I'm not supposed to be allergic to oak but I live in a constant state of stuffiness because, in an odd twist of fate, I'm allergic to cats), not enough food (I'm not actively dieting though), or low Iron (though I don't know why it would strike suddenly like this). I'm open to other ideas.
    How about dehydration? Or low blood pressure (although I don't know what would cause that, other than maybe dehydration or low sodium)? Was the room hot? I sometimes get lightheaded in the shower after exercising - some combination of the heat and recent exertion knocks me down. (This is one reason why I would never consider bikram - enjoy, V!) I have seasonal allergies but they have never made me feel dizzy or faint - just sluggish (particularly back when I was getting allergy shots - I would often feel very slow and tired a few hours after the shot). I suppose arrhythmia is another possibility. Were you wearing an HRM (not that they are hugely accurate, but if you noticed that it was higher or lower than most days that might be relevant)?

Enjoy your trips, Mary and Vivia!

I drink more water than anyone else I know - like 10 glasses a day, easy - but I did just finish my coffee, so maybe? The room was cool and I was wearing my HRM. It reached 97% of max, but that's really not that unusual for me.

I did walk/jog this morning - no ill effects - so I'm not going to worry unless it comes back.

Thanks!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Mary, sounds like you are doing everything right and since you feel good today...maybe just one of those passing things? In any case, take care of yourself (same advice you would give us :smile: and have a great trip this weekend.

You too, Viv! Sure it will all work out fine.

As for me, I had a MELTDOWN last night as I was heading out the door to meet my friend. NONE of my clothes fit, not even my "fat clothes" and am just disgusted with myself. But more than being disgusted with the way I look, I'm angry that I am letting it eclipse the amazing things that I just went through. What is it about me/ us that I almost lose my life, get through an insanely difficult situation with grace and leadership, survive storms in Antarctica only to turn into a sobbing mess because my jeans don't fit??!!

I had to take a deep breath and tell myself all the things that I know you all would tell me. That I wouldn't let anyone else talk to me that way, so why would I talk to myself that way? Sigh. We are such complicated people, aren't we?

I am headed to the gym right now and need a little "mindful treadmill" work I think.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

As for me, I had a MELTDOWN last night as I was heading out the door to meet my friend. NONE of my clothes fit, not even my "fat clothes" and am just disgusted with myself. But more than being disgusted with the way I look, I'm angry that I am letting it eclipse the amazing things that I just went through. What is it about me/ us that I almost lose my life, get through an insanely difficult situation with grace and leadership, survive storms in Antarctica only to turn into a sobbing mess because my jeans don't fit??!!

I had to take a deep breath and tell myself all the things that I know you all would tell me. That I wouldn't let anyone else talk to me that way, so why would I talk to myself that way? Sigh. We are such complicated people, aren't we?

I just had that exact conversation yesterday with a friend of mine (who is a recovering anorexic. . .it's amazing that she and I think exactly the same way about food). I said "we're amazing women. Why the hell are we so obsessed with our *kitten* getting big? And who's idea of big.. . anyways?"

So, I'm saying to all of you and myself. We are pretty damned amazing. A-ma-zing.

Arianne, I just upped my calories to 1800 without exercise. That puts me closer to the formula, still allowing it to adjust according to my day-to-day workout. I had my BMR tested and it's 1560 (or was, I'm pretty sure my muscle mass is higher). I just totally think that I'm undereating.

So, eating is now my full-time job. The challenge: filling that up with quality calories, not resorting to junk. I've eaten every few hours today, and I'm still a bit behind. (It may take a little time for me to work up to that.) What I've been observing is : 1. I now know what actual, physical hunger feels like. and 2. I'm hungry. . .a good portion of the time. I've felt pretty deprived lately, as I've been restricting. So, I'm going to eat more. If nothing else, it will make it easier to build muscle mass.:tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I had a very strange experience yesterday. I went to morning weights (which was great & has a lot of step work) and nearly passed out about three times. I had to stop and sit until the faintness went away. I felt faint the rest of the day. I thought it was because I didn't eat enough - but I ate and ate and it didn't go away (600 calorie snack after workout). I was faint during yoga as well. I told the teacher, so we didn't do any inversions. Other than that, I felt perfectly ok.

I've had symptoms like that when I have a lingering cold (so maybe the allergies). My doctor has told me that inner ear fluid is not to be underestimated in our balance/dizziness. . .I've had days where I just feel completely off kilter after I've had a few allergy days or a cold. . .no other symptoms just dizzy/motion sick/faint, etc. . .

I also have low blood pressure, but it's not been acting up lately.