Pizza Hut help!

Options
2»

Replies

• sallyjh0
    Options
    I agree about Pizza Hut being fast food. It was their choice and is a rare treat so I am happy to oblige.

I am really glad I posted on here because I feel that I can do it without really blowing it but still enjoy myself. I will note every calorie honestly and also see if I can do an hour of zumba later to burn it off :)
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok I will try again... They have new pizzas which are 500 cals FOR THE WHOLE PIZZA!!!

No need to skip or nibble, eat one of those and don't panic! :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I went last night - they have a whole new menu in the UK, I never liked pizza hut much before, I always found it way too salty, but they now do Pizzetta - the veggie one is only 440 cals for the whole pizza and the unlimited salad is great, I am lucky as I really dont like salad dressings, or too much mayo laden stuff, so I can have several bowls without too much worry over calories. Good Lunch-luck!
  • KenMadere
    KenMadere Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go the Personal Pan Pizza route with a salad. You know you are going to eat at least one cheese stick.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I had the new Pizzetta last week and it was delicious. It means that I can add pizza hut to my food choices at last!
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Because it's lunch that you're having there you can still plan a light supper to make sure you don't go over you calories for the day. you can't just skip lunch and these situations happen in life. Veg pizza with half the cheese and only have a few slices, or have that salad and one slice from you whatever your kids order. If you're going to make this a lifestyle and not a diet you have to adjust your mindset it's not all or nothing.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Because it's lunch that you're having there you can still plan a light supper to make sure you don't go over you calories for the day. you can't just skip lunch and these situations happen in life. Veg pizza with half the cheese and only have a few slices, or have that salad and one slice from you whatever your kids order. If you're going to make this a lifestyle and not a diet you have to adjust your mindset it's not all or nothing.
  • 0namission
    Options
    You want to stay away from meats usually because they are high in fat. You also want to try to get thin crust instead of Pan. Other then that they do have salads in some places. Also look for the options below to see if they are available in your area.

Pizza Hut 12" Fit 'N Delicious Pizza with Diced Chicken, Red Onion, and Green Pepper

2 slices, 340 calories
    9g fat, 4g saturated fat
    A dietitian's dream: thin crust, lean chicken, and vegetable toppings, plus half the cheese of the regular Thin 'N Crispy Pizza.
    Pizza Hut 12" Veggie Lover's Hand-Tossed Pizza

1 slice, 220 calories
    6g fat, 3g saturated fat
    One slice is sometimes just as satisfying as more, as long as it has a thick crust and a full allotment of cheese. Though not quite as light as the Fit 'N Delicious, the Hut's Hand-Tossed pies are still lower in calories than its deep-dish pan pizzas.

hmmm i didnt know this! thanks! and yeah...what she sedd or just have a salad!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Having a couple slices of pizza is really not that bad..just limit yourself to only those 2. No side, no dessert. It's really hard to eat in restaurants when you're trying to lose weight. I've been on my weightloss journey for almost 2 months and I've been out to eat twice. Honestly, I think it's just best to avoid. Even if you find a healthy entree, there's still going to be that crazy tempting bread basket, and a dessert menu.
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice! I am really pleased with myself *polisheshalo*

I had a large bowl of salad, no dressing. A teaspoon full of coleslaw (yep, just a teaspoon) and 2 slices of thin crust vegetarian pizza which was all spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Then from the salad bar I had 4 slices of apple and 4 grapes.

Could kill a packet of biscuits now with my coffee though!!!! lol