Saying "Hi"!

Options
I wrote all this on my blog I just started today but I think it's a pretty good introduction to myself.

'I used to always be able to eat what I wanted and never gain weight. I was 18 and 90 pounds and could wear size 0 if I wanted but typically was a 2, dying to gain at least a little bit so I wasn't so skinny. I got pregnant with my son and went up to 126 while pregnant. I never really lost the baby weight but I was happy with myself because that was somewhat normal for my height (between 5'3 and 5'4). I was in a very violent relationship with my son's dad, eventually left him after almost 6 years. At that point I was around 150ish.

By the time I realized there was a problem, I was up to 199 in a size 18. I vowed I wasn't going to cross the 200 pound mark and so far I haven't. Right after I saw I was 199, my boyfriend at that time left me and I lost 20 pounds in a week. No clue how it happened. I ate the same things for the most part. I guess stress can be a good thing sometimes. I was down to almost 150 at one point but now I'm back up to 170 again. I have tried to change things (diet, exercise, etc.) but it's slow going. I do alot of walking at work, both for work and just for exercise. The hard part is getting myself motivated on the weekends. I do play alot of online mmo games which I know is another part of my problem but I just cannot give them up. I started working out on the Wii Fit game but I just haven't been able to go use it every day the way I was when I first started.

My boyfriend now is wonderful. We are both happy with each other but unhappy with ourselves and the way we have let our weights get out of hand. I have the determination to do this, hopefully I can get him motivated as well.

I wonder how many calories one can burn in a 2 hour drumming session in Guitar Hero. It's definitely a sweat-fest lol'

Replies

• angela2k1
    angela2k1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wrote all this on my blog I just started today but I think it's a pretty good introduction to myself.

'I used to always be able to eat what I wanted and never gain weight. I was 18 and 90 pounds and could wear size 0 if I wanted but typically was a 2, dying to gain at least a little bit so I wasn't so skinny. I got pregnant with my son and went up to 126 while pregnant. I never really lost the baby weight but I was happy with myself because that was somewhat normal for my height (between 5'3 and 5'4). I was in a very violent relationship with my son's dad, eventually left him after almost 6 years. At that point I was around 150ish.

By the time I realized there was a problem, I was up to 199 in a size 18. I vowed I wasn't going to cross the 200 pound mark and so far I haven't. Right after I saw I was 199, my boyfriend at that time left me and I lost 20 pounds in a week. No clue how it happened. I ate the same things for the most part. I guess stress can be a good thing sometimes. I was down to almost 150 at one point but now I'm back up to 170 again. I have tried to change things (diet, exercise, etc.) but it's slow going. I do alot of walking at work, both for work and just for exercise. The hard part is getting myself motivated on the weekends. I do play alot of online mmo games which I know is another part of my problem but I just cannot give them up. I started working out on the Wii Fit game but I just haven't been able to go use it every day the way I was when I first started.

My boyfriend now is wonderful. We are both happy with each other but unhappy with ourselves and the way we have let our weights get out of hand. I have the determination to do this, hopefully I can get him motivated as well.

I wonder how many calories one can burn in a 2 hour drumming session in Guitar Hero. It's definitely a sweat-fest lol'
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you both.:happy:
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Do let me know if you need any free tips / tricks and suggestions. I have 2 years of nutrition and science background.
    71839.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: