Home made vegan crakers.

Options
Hi All,

OK, this can be eaten by anyone, but if you eat a lot of processed food, this would not agree with you, you would have to have small pieces.... Fresh veg grated and eaten raw!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

To make this all you need is about an hour or two, cheese grater, lots of veg of your choice and nuts or seeds if you wish.

Right get some veg, for mine I used.....:flowerforyou:

8 sticks of celery
4 parsnip
1 broccoli (large all of it)
2 cups of brussel sprouts ( about 20, halved and chopping very small )
half a large gem squash
1 swede
2 large leeks ( have used onions before, try it before you say anything)
8 pieces of garlic, (dont worry, you wont taste it)
6 brazil nuts
large cup of sunflower seeds
large cup of almonds crushed to dust (loads of goodness)
large handful of lint seeds

You get a large amount of ground veg, about a large saucepan, if you need add a little bit of water, but not much to make a nice pulp, but if you are using beat, then you dont need any xx

Grate all of this with the cheese grater, add 4 ready cooked beet, mix together, with a electric mixer. I use some of the water from the beat, also if you dont use beat they kind of look moldy green sort of thing, but with a red/pink look they look so much more fun xx

Make little balls in your hands, clap, put on layers in a dehydrator, leave for a day, and they are small little crackers for you, they taste good, and none of the goodness has been taken away!!!

I try and only use organic veg, where possible!!

If you dont like nuts dont add them, if you do add them, it is up to you! But this is an amazing idea and they are very nice, so much better for you than a processed bar, no matter what the make! xx

Enjoy... Not sure how many cals, I made about 50 cookies, but know there is lots of protein in there and a nice balance of everything, the nuts add the fats, we need those to function xx

Oh you can add some butter, or nut butter on top, I love these!!!

I have eaten two, but not sure how to put them down??? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxx:heart:

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I might try this soon
  • renderol
    Options
    Is there another option to cook them? I don't have a dehydrator at home. I know cooking makes them lose some of the nutrients but these look soo yummy!
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask that! I bet baking at a low temp would dry them out, too.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you enter that as a recipe in MFP it will calculate the calories for you so you'll know!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I am definitely bookmarking this for a day when I'm feeling especially competent in the kitchen. ;) Thx!

P.S.: Any Margaret Atwood fans get a chuckle out of this thread title? :tongue:
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes you can use a cooker, very low for a while, but they are not as nice, it is a good investment getting a dehydrator, you can also dehydrate your fruits, so much cheaper than a shop packet stuff, also lasts ages!!!

Worth getting one, look on ebay, as you can use cooking paper to stop them sticking so could buy second hand??? xx

Enjoy xx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Oh you can also add several eggs if you are a veggie.. Just a thought if you use a dehydrator and organic eggs... xxxxxxxxxxx