Chili season OMG what to do

Options
2»

Replies

• Bake1
    Bake1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ohhhhh Man !!! The leaves are falling off the trees, the wind is getting fiercer, the chill is in the air,frost has made it's way. Yep,,, it's chilli time for sure ! I can smell it,taste it, Mmmmmmmmmmm. All the great recipes on this post is makin me chilli CRAZY !!! Oh & bring on the HEAT Baby !!!! Thanks everyone !!!
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    I made a pot of chili on Saturday using lean beef, kidney beans, black beans, crushed chilis, garlic, Onion, crushed tomatoes and let it simmer for a couple of hours it was some good.....if you dont like the beef then use ground chicken or turkey in place of..was very yummy....
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    I made a pot of chili on Saturday using lean beef, kidney beans, black beans, crushed chilis, garlic, Onion, crushed tomatoes and let it simmer for a couple of hours it was some good.....if you dont like the beef then use ground chicken or turkey in place of..was very yummy....

Forgot to note that I do rinse the kidney and black beans while they are still in the can....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    2 cups diced yellow onion (about 2 medium)
    1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    3 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained 4 cups
    fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    3 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
    1cup diced seeded plum tomato
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    8 lime wedges (optional) Preparation
    Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender and golden. Add chili powder, garlic, and cumin; sauté for 2 minutes. Add oregano and beans; cook for 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
    Place 2 cups of bean mixture in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Add turkey, and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add diced tomato, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I make mine with either 93% lean ground beef or turkey. I only added 1 tablespoon of light sour cream and a pinch of reduced fat cheddar. I like the idea of sticking veggies in there like zucchini. Only use a little oil when you are sauteing the meat and veggies. And yes, stay away from the fritos!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/376177-buffalo-chili

Buffalo makes it extra lean but you could use sirloin or ground round.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jlayney
    jlayney Posts: 22
    Options
    This is the best chili recipe I have ever had- I got it from my weight loss coach.

This recipe makes 4 servings:

1 lb very lean beef, browned...pour off any fat
    4 Tablespoon of tomato puree, with no sugar
    2-16 oz cans tomatoes, no sugar (recipe says fire-roasted) - I use Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes.
    1 onion peeled and finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, crushed- I used minced garlic from my giant garlic jar! Can't get enough garlic!
    1 teaspoon chile powder
    cayenne to taste- or Tony's!
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    salt and pepper to taste

remember to read labels on canned products- this is very low calorie, so it's okay to add sour cream or tofutti with cheese or Daiya shreds on top!

J'Layne