And most of all, I did it my way! SVs & NSVs.

Options

Replies

• VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry all the time, you're doing it wrong.

I love everything you wrote, but maybe this the best of all. Thank you!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Awesome-love to see that you've figured out a way to make healthy changes to your life but not change everything and be miserable! You look great (and I love your costume!) It's about living, not suffering! :)
  • tlhpruitt
    tlhpruitt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    <clapping>

I don't want to deprive myself for the rest of my life, or struggle with cravings and terror of regaining any ground I've lost. I log everything, even the craptacular stuff, and am accountable for it.

It's not a diet, it's LIFE.
    [/quote

I so agree!]
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Aaaand this is why you are my weight loss idol!! Thanks for sharing so much - very helpful!!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story/blog...It was a very inspiring story!... You look fantastic and have done an amazing job! :flowerforyou:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST posts I have seen so far!!! Hallelujah to not depriving ourselves, I eat whatever I want and I hold myself accountable for it all. I exercise and eat how many ever of those calories back that I want. I am enjoying life and still losing weight. Thank you for showing us all that it CAN be done without making yourself miserable. You rock!!!!
  • wanderinggypsy
    Options
    I love your message! My trainer has finally come to terms with the fact that chocolate is a staple in my diet that I'm not willing to let go of. That's not to say he doesn't make me earn it though:)

Great Job!!!
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    BRAVO !!!!! I loved reading your post ! Thanks for sharing :)
  • candylw
    candylw Posts: 37
    Options
    i absolutely like the way you are doing things and i have been the same way and guess what i am loosing weight...i don't deprive myself of anything i want i just watch how much and log it... kudos to u and great work you should be more than proud!
  • Nichelle_b
    Nichelle_b Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love this!! Thank you for sharing. Now I definitely don't feel bad for making some mini cupcakes. I calculated the cals and they're only 60 cals each. A small way to indulge without breaking the bank. Now, if only I could learn the self control to not pop five of them at once!
    But either way, not depriving yourself is the key. Find ways to work it into your calories for the day. It's just a matter of being mindful of what you eat, when you eat it. In WW they say "If you bite it, write it." Same holds true here.

Thank you SO much for sharing your story. It's truly an inspiration.
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I love your attitude!!!!!!
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    You are awesome! And a great inspiration! thanks for sharing!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love your story and totally agree!!! In the almost 3 months that I've been logging in regularly here I've had 1 over calorie day and that was a Halloween party last night. I'm not beating myself up over it.

I had pizza for dinner, have learned to make tostadas because I love mexican and can still eat what I love and have learned that I can make healthier choices when eating out so that I'm smart and eating well. (did you know that at Chili's the Guiltless grill sirloin steak and broccoli is only 370 calories and that at On The Border you can get 2 tostadas-no rice and beans- for under 400 calories depending on which ones and that their skinny margarita is only 100 calories and tastes amazing?!?!?!).

I'm not dieting, I'm eating in a way I can maintain while still making positive healthy choices!!! Thank you for posting that this is not a diet but a lifelong positive change in thoughts and choices!!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Love, love your story. Thank you for sharing and continuing to post progrss pictures. You are a great inspiration. Congrats on the race that is an AMAZING time!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! fab story. I hear you on eating what you want. I dont want a 6 pack, just a flat tummy and i enjoy my food too. Your 5k time is amazing- my quickest is 25:36 and hoping to beat that next time around! thanks for the inspiration!
  • sojojoshua
    Options
    loved it, made lot of sense..... and iam almost ur same height... just a lil bit more....
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i feel the exact same way about weight loss, and body image as you.

i went from 165.5 to 125.0 eating some crappy foods, chocolate, and wine at least 1x each day. now in maintenance a lot of people would look at my diary and be scared, but i've been here 8 months, and i am lean and not flubby. sure i don't have a 6 pack, but why do i need it?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love you, Lorina! I've been silently following your blog, because I get a kick out of your humor, cheer everytime I see new progress pics, and absolutely adore that you're doing it all your way! (BTW, your abs look pretty rockin' to me!) Congrats, and keep up the awesome work!
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love everyword you said, very motivational!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    GIRL..If I can eat a weekly pizza and have abs like that, FINE BY ME!! You look great, awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!