Always losing motivation after 3 days

Options
I keep trying to lose weight since I had my baby 6mnths ago. But it seems like by day 3 I tend to give up. It drives me crazy that eating healthy always takes more time. I have a 3 yr old as well. So anything fast and quick is always the easiest. but that tends to be unhealthy. HOw can I break this habit and continue my healthy eating and exercising??

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    push the kids in a stroller and go for a walk =]
  • lmifflin
    Options
    Have you thought about having a friend do this journey with you, it helps to keep you on track and keep you motivated.
  • elenas_childcare
    Options
    one day when you dont have the kids ( if they're with grandparents or something) make a couple of batches of healthy foods and freeze them so all u need to do is stick it in the microwave when you want it. the kids can have it as wel :) or get a slow cooker. i LOVE mine x
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Take one day a week, prepare a bunch of meals, portion them into single servings and freeze them. That way you can either put them in a microwave or heat them up in the oven. They are healthy, and quick this way.

If exercise is an issue than try and incorperate the kids - go for walks, take them to the park, play tag in the back yard.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We did take walks. But that cant happen now since the chilly weather. Dont want the kids to get sick.
    I've tried doing a buddy workout but doesnt always work out since our schedules are different.
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing...as soon as the scale stops going down, I quit and think I'll never be able to do it. I am on day 4 so one day past my normal quitting time and I am really motivated. I think this website is really helping so I'd recommend getting really involved on here and keeping track of every single thing you put in your mouth. I just read the other day that losing weight is 80% what you eat so that is what I'm focusing on and trying to get a little exercise in on the side. Hopefully as I lose weight and feel better, I will be able to incorporate a little more exercise in. Good luck!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Instead of making a whole bunch of drastic changes all at once, make them one at a time.

For one week give up drinking soda. The next week, add 10 minutes of exercise to your usual, while still not drinking soda. The following week add more veggiesinto your diet while still not drinkingsoda and while doing the extra exercise.

You will find that instead of making one HUGE change in your life, small changes are easier to handle and stick with.
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What do you make in the slow cooker that is healthy?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    spend some time reflecting on your reasons for going on this journey. prepare one or more lists containing those reflections. read them often. if you have powerful enough reasons, it will be easier to stay on the journey and avoid/limit stumbling blocks. the mental part of this journey is often more difficult than the physical part. it does begin with accepting that this is a journey and your goals are not going to be realized over night. if you don't like being overweight enough, you will reach your goals. check out my will power blog below if you like.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    What kind of meals can I freeze?
    Little things like going to the park, talking a walk are too simple for me. During the summer we did that 3, 4 times a week. The scale doenst budge.
    My workout consists of 30, 40 mins on the eliptical. or walking for 60mins... 3xs a week of am consistant. but its not
    Food I have to admit I need more education about, what to cook and portain control.
    We dont' buy soda or drink it..
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    1. You do not have to share them with anyone but take photos of yourself every 30 days.
    2. Weigh yourself every morning but choose one of those days as your official weigh in. The other days are just to monitor your progress.
    3. Immediately after weigh in, measure your waistline.
    4. Do not let any of those numbers determine how good or bad your day is going to be. Use them to empower yourself i.e. my weight hasn't changed but my waistline is smaller-awesome I am gaining lean muscle. I lost 2 lbs-wow that was effortless, I wonder how much I would lose if i cut out sodas, etc.
  • AlexPOD88
    AlexPOD88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All of the suggestions on here are great! I have one as well, but its not so much about how to prepare your foods or anything, but about how you think about your weight loss. Its easy to lose motivation, especially when you think " I have x amount of weight to lose, and it will probably take me x months or years" etc. I get overwhelmed thinking like that and how far I still have to go! So I would try just taking it one day at a time, one decision at a time. It sounds maybe too obvious, but I do so much better when I try to think what healthy choices I can make today, instead of worrying about having to continue putting forth the time and effort the next week as well, and then the next month, etc.

I hope this makes things slightly easier to handle day to day. And congrats on your new baby!