STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) WK 5

Options
Hello Ladies!

Alright ladies we are officially at the half way point of the challenge. To ignite some fire into everyone I have decided that there will be a grand prize for the 9 Week Biggest Loser. A E-CARD FROM MACYS.COM. The Challenge Biggest loser is the person who has lost the most cumulative weight over the whole challenge. Your starting weight, minus your final weigh-in. Now it's time to really step up your losing game. Christmas is right around the corner. If you haven't already done so, please check the “About Me” section of our Challenge page. Here you will find links to our "Rules and FAQ", our "weigh-in form" and "Team list" (also posted below).

Do not forget to participate in the Question of the Day (QOTD) on the thread below. NEW DATES HAVE BEEN POSTED BELOW. This is a very important part of encouraging each other and also getting know other players. Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends to answer the QOTD!

PLEASE “CC” THE QUESTION OF THE DAY IN YOUR RESPONSE and the DATE. It helps us to keep track of it! Below is the first questions. Just following my lead and if you have any questions.

ALSO, ON YOUR NEW QOTD DATE, YOU WILL ALSO BE IN CHARGE TO POST A MINI-CHALLENGE OF THE DAY. EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGE TO PARTICPATE IN THE MINI-CHALLENGE.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR EACH PERSON TO WEIGH-IN FOR EVERY WEEK. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEIGH IN ON SATURDAY. JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE SATURDAY DATE ON THE FORM FOR THE WEEK YOU ARE WEIGHING IN. Also ladies if anyone has an inactive partner please let me know. I know some people have not weighed in multiple weeks in a row and I will be deleting them from the challenge. Sorry but rules are rules. No worries, if you have not received multiple emails from me asking about your status in the challenge than you are free and clear.

Without further delay the moment. Below are our Biggest Losers.

Individual Winner -
SHYDAISI 5.5 for the BLUE team

Team Winner - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BLUE TEAM FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT LOSE OF 14.5 LBS
2ND PLACE - YELLOW TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSE OF 5.1 LBS
3RD PLACE - PINK TEAM W/ TOTAL LOSE 0.8 LBS

This week as a group we lost a total of 21.4 lbs. We have a 4 week total weight loss of 124 lbs. That is awesome, keep up the great work.

This week's BIGGEST LOSERS
prizmaa9
mariahhatfield
ChatSournois
Legacysh
kaesize6
Shydaisi
NaomiLyn15
WFortner
Tameko2
Tiffany517
RhondaleeRoss

All winners deserve a huge shout out and virtual applauses. All individuals & team winners can add the winner trophy link on the profile page to their forum signature.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM HAVING SOME TROUBLE POSTING THE TEAM LIST. I WILL ADD THIS AS SOON AS I CAN. THANKS

Replies

• MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

NEW QOTD POSTED BY DARLENE.
  • MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    TODAY'S MINICHALLENGE is a water check. Goal is 10-12 cups of water. Let's get it down.
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is it to late for me to join in your group:happy:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yeah i want to join as well... sounds exciting.. i'm so jealous!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    WTG Shydaisi! And all winners!
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Shydaisi!!!!! Congratulations this week on your loss...and being the "Biggest Loser"!!!! You are my inspiration for this coming weigh-in :)

Also....way to go to all my BLUE TEAM members....Whoo Hoo.....

Congrats to all the members with a loss this week ...and to the others....keep going...DONT GIVE UP.....I believe in you all....WE are all STRONG and BEAUTIFUL....We can do this!!!

Have a fantastic day...I'm off to drink some WATER!!!!! lol :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    FIrst off let me congratulate everyone on the weigh-in. It's the first time I made the list! But man The blue team is on fire!!!! Weigh- to go ladies!

Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favourite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

I am not a morning person, so that never works for me. I do pretty good after work. So now I try to get home and workout before my husband arrives and has to listen to me (our floor creaks a little in my office where I work out) . I like the gym in the later evenings after the rush. On the weekends I tend to prefer around 10am-12noon. I have not found a difference in changing the times I workout with the exception that if I wait too long into the evening, I am more likely to make excuses and not do it!

Can't wait for the mini challenges - brink on the WATER!!!!!

Have a great day!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job everyone. Great job blue team, I think that is two weeks in a row!!!

I like to work out in the evenings. I know most people swear by the morning routine, but I just can't do it. Even on the weekends, if I workout before 10, I feel sick. I can get up early, eat breakfast, and relax a bit, but if I go to the gym before 10 I feel nauseous the entire day. So, I try to avoid morning workouts if possible. I like the evening workout because it gives me an excuse to get out of the house for a while. I work from home, so I spend a lot of time in my house, and left to my own devices, I would probably never leave the house and become a hermit. So, working out in the evenings gets me out and around other people at the gym. I really love that feeling.

I am definitely in for the mini-challenge. But, sort of cheating because I drink 12-20 glasses of water a day already. :laugh:
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Yellow team, let's pick it up and pull to the front this week! :)

Yay mini-challenges!! Off to refill my water bottle!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congrats to all the winners and for everyone making it the half point mark!

My favorite time to work out is in the evening. After the kids go to bed and my house is clean, I use that as ME time. It helps me unwind from the day and just relax. I also do a workout in the morning becase it helps me give the day a great start. I think it makes a huge difference for me mentally. I am at the point where if I don't do my morning work out I am sluggish all day, and if I don't in the evening I find it hard to sleep.

Super excited about the mini challenge!!!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great job Shydaisi. Girl you killed it and on vacation too!!!!!! A "steller" performance for sure:laugh:

I do best in the morning. Life and work have a tendency to creep in on my day. It is the nature of the beast in my business. Problems Resolution Officer and all ....(title given to me by me:) Rise and shine and get it over with then if I have some free time in the afternoons I add in some extra cardio.

Mini Challenge: glug glug glug:drinker:
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YAY Go blue!!! and congrats to everyone!!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on a job well done!

I take my dog for her walk in the early morning and then I do my workout at night, after dinner. Between 6:30pm and 11pm. I don't think it's my favorite time to work out, it's just the only time I have to do it.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    YAY Shydaisi! Woohoooo! Congratulations to the Blue Team!

I usually like to work out any time of the day. It really doesn't matter to me. I have a tight schedule, so I have to just go with the flow. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not... :)
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options

I prefer working out in the mornings. On workdays I need to do it before I go to work or it will get lost in the shuffle. On Saturdays it's usually the first thing I do.

For me, it makes a big difference because I don't skip it if it's first thing. My days goes better, I am usually in a better mood and I am more productive.

The mini-challenge is something I already do. I drink minimum 3 quarts of water a days - usually more. I don't usually drink anything but water.
  • prizmaa
    prizmaa Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I like to work out in the morning, soon after I wake up. I find that if I do it early, then it's done and I don't have to think about it the rest of the day. It seems the longer I wait to workout, the more excuses I come up with to not do it. So morning is best for me!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

My favorite time to workout is actually the middle of the day. That is when I seem to have more energy and I get revived for the day.
  • tessacope2
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favorite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

If I didn't have to commute, I would definitely work out in the mornings. It's a great way to start your day!

I work out after work on the weekdays and in the mornings on the weekends. The hardest day of the week for me to workout is Thursday. It's so close to the weekend, and I'm in survival mode to make it through the work week - ha!

Are we counting ounces or glasses? I'm up to 40 oz now, and I try to drink 80 oz a day.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Monday October 24, 2011 QOTD: When is your favorite time of day to work out? Do you find it makes a difference?

I like to work out either right after work (before dinner) or an hour or so after dinner. It depends on how I feel and my schedule that day.

I think working out makes a huge difference, yes, but the time I work out doesn't really.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options

My fav. time of day it workout is in the morning. I'm usually down in my "gym" by 6 am for about an hour each day (except for 1 rest day) At first I found it hard to work out that early but now I'm used to it and it feels good to have it done for the day.